• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

Made to wait four years and all PS4 owners are getting is the shit tier edition of GT Sport

download-lol-gifs-123.gif

Fuck off Sony.

Hm, good point.

It's cool that Kaz drove the french guy in his Nissan GTR and Dan in his Ford Mustang. Kaz drives automatic, Dan drives manual.
When you say it like that, it makes it sound as if Kaz isn't really a car guy. He drives a Nissan GT-R and it only comes with one transmission, which is that trick dual clutch auto. We're talking about a guy who has two class wins at the Nurburgring 24 hours ;)

Onemic

Or wait a bit for Assetto Corsa and have an actual simulation game, rather than the garbage that is PCars.

What makes AC better? Is it the Physics model? How is the number of cars in the game compared to GT?(Imo this was always one of GT's greatest strengths)

dubc35

Its gran turismo portable all over again, I bought a PSP for that on release (knowing it was a bit out but still!)

I didn't buy a PSP for GT, although it was a consideration, but I did purchase a ps2 for GT3 and a ps3 for GT5. Given how incomplete GT6 was on release and the lack of promised features (shocking!), I am done with the series. The delay and lack of information from PD on GTS further cements my indifference. If GTS doesn't run, or doesn't run well, on the regular ps4 that would be hilarious!

Watevaman

What makes AC better? Is it the Physics model? How is the number of cars in the game compared to GT?(Imo this was always one of GT's greatest strengths)

I haven't played the retail release of PCars (I was a backer, though) but AC has a very strong tire and suspension model IMO. I personally think it's the best sim out there when it comes to driving regular road cars. I'm sure it's changed a lot by now, but back when PCars was in development, the cars never felt right with their default setups. It was always very stiff and the cars like to snap a bit more than I liked when pushed to the limit.

And AC has nowhere near the amount of cars that GT has, but then again, no PC sim does without mods.

Onemic

I haven't played the retail release of PCars (I was a backer, though) but AC has a very strong tire and suspension model IMO. I personally think it's the best sim out there when it comes to driving regular road cars. I'm sure it's changed a lot by now, but back when PCars was in development, the cars never felt right with their default setups. It was always very stiff and the cars like to snap a bit more than I liked when pushed to the limit.

And AC has nowhere near the amount of cars that GT has, but then again, no PC sim does without mods.

AC has regular road cars? how many? pCars only has motorsport cars and while fun, I like the feeling of driving regular production model cars that I could actually buy myself provided I had the money.

p3n

Is GT6 still a good sim compared to say pCars? Ive been itching for a GT game.

GT6 is still fantastic considering it runs on ancient hardware. The majority of cars in GT6 work "out of the box" as in feedback and handling characteristics are resembling their real counterparts. That is if you don't forget to turn off the assists. The ingame tuning settings are mostly not true to life and sometimes you get the best results with non-sensical diff and suspension settings. We also don't talk about camber settings in GT6. Ever.

So where pCars is a hot mess until you find usable FFB settings for each car combined with tuning settings that make them respond in a somewhat realistic fashion, GT6 can be played in a more casual way. Pick up a car, disable traction control, set ABS to 1 or 0, make sure SRF is turned off and just go to your favourite tracks and enjoy.

If you want a comparison of the "game" aspects, especially racing against AI and career modes, there are a lot of passionate people on GT-GAF who would do a much better job at that than I ever could.

velociraptor

Going from what GTplanet is saying, Kaz mentions that developing Sport is giving him the same feeling that he had when making GT1. He also feels it's a bigger step than GT5/6. So he feels this is a new beginning for the series.
This might be the best news I've heard regarding this game.

If this game has that same 'fun factor', this game will be a winner.

ShamePain

Banned

Yeah, it's the physics. PCars is just straight up successor to NFS Shift and I don't care what SMS told everyone, the game drives like trash, no two ways about it.
AC is regularly gaining new tracks and cars, and has a respectable roster already considering the team is only 20 guys. They obviously can't compare to GT which has like 8 times the manpower and 500 times the budget, but still plenty of content to suck you in for hours.

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah, it's the physics. PCars is just straight up successor to NFS Shift and I don't care what SMS told everyone, the game drives like trash, no two ways about it.
AC is regularly gaining new tracks and cars, and has a respectable roster already considering the team is only 20 guys. They obviously can't compare to GT which has like 8 times the manpower and 500 times the budget, but still plenty of content to suck you in for hours.

If I didn't disagree with the concept of an ignore list you'd be straight on it. The bolded is straight up bullshit.

It's nothing like the shift games. I'm beginning to doubt you've even put any decent time into PCars in its current state if that's the conclusion you're drawing. Do you care to elaborate on what you are saying in this and your previous post on PCars or do you only talk in absolutes?

Metfanant

stop....just stop....

you're making yourself look stupid

No.

My disdain for NFS shift runs deep but PCars drives a million times better. Its issues come from the amount of bugs and shit initial settings for both wheels and especially controllers. Also the UI is just bad. But aside from that its a good game if you can look last those issues.

I hope they redo the sounds fx which they have used since GT1. Those tire sounds are horrible...

They are redoing them. They've hired two new sound engineers (one is a former Forza audio designer) since the release of GT6. Wax uncovered that one of the sound designers lists cars and bikes as things he's working on.

Mascot

They are redoing them. They've hired two new sound engineers (one is a former Forza audio designer) since the release of GT6. Wax uncovered that one of the sound designers lists cars and bikes as things he's working on.

Don't get too excited - Kaz will probably reveal that it's quicker, cheaper and easier to record motorbike noises and slow the samples down to make them sound car-like.

Kaz probably has him recording each GTR variant individually ;)

Metfanant

No.

My disdain for NFS shift runs deep but PCars drives a million times better. Its issues come from the amount of bugs and shit initial settings for both wheels and especially controllers. Also the UI is just bad. But aside from that its a good game if you can look last those issues.

Agree completely... PCars is far from perfect, and its always felt a little bit like a retail priced beta test for PCars2...

But on the track, it's awesome...just plain awesome

Mascot

Maybe it's best for Kaz to stay quiet, his statements leading to GT5 and 6 did not help much.

All he has to do is state the facts as known, and give reasonably regular updates as to the current status of the game. GT is a huge franchise with a dedicated following, and a new GT game on a (relatively) new system is a massive event. A lot of gamers are desperate for information, so to say that the open beta would be Q1 2016, then for that period to come and go without even a whisper... well, people will inevitably speculate to fill that vacuum, and that speculation will inevitably be negative.

Going from what GTplanet is saying, Kaz mentions that developing Sport is giving him the same feeling that he had when making GT1. He also feels it's a bigger step than GT5/6. So he feels this is a new beginning for the series.

Funny he should say that because I get the feeling it will look like GT1 level graphics on PS4.

Not really of course but I would not be surprised if the PSVR graphics quality is near or even below GT5 level, especially distant object detail.

Also hoping they don't go too heavy with the online race aspect. Need that solid single player experience to still be there.

Servbot24

Banned
All he has to do is state the facts as known, and give reasonably regular updates as to the current status of the game. GT is a huge franchise with a dedicated following, and a new GT game on a (relatively) new system is a massive event. A lot of gamers are desperate for information, so to say that the open beta would be Q1 2016, then for that period to come and go without even a whisper... well, people will inevitably speculate to fill that vacuum, and that speculation will inevitably be negative.

Facts change throughout development. Better to not say anything, and reveal when you're truly ready. If you give fans what they want, up to the minute information, they're going to get pissed off when they realize that game development is actually really difficult and things constantly change and get delayed.

I never knew GT6 sold less than GT5 Prologue. Prologue had less than 100 cars too. Seems like a huge drop to me. I think GT5 really burned a lot of people.

I loved GT5 but did not buy GT6 because I was waiting for the course maker to come out. I should probably grab a used copy just for that now.

I never knew GT6 sold less than GT5 Prologue. Prologue had less than 100 cars too. Seems like a huge drop to me. I think GT5 really burned a lot of people.

Well, it certainly didn't help that they released GT6 a month after the PS4 launched and barely marketed it. There were literally no commercials for it in the US.

Mascot

Facts change throughout development. Better to not say anything, and reveal when you're truly ready. If you give fans what they want, up to the minute information, they're going to get pissed off when they realize that game development is actually really difficult and things constantly change and get delayed.

That strategy isn't really working though, is it?

Loris146

Kaz said early 2016 for the beta. Ps Blog instead said spring 2016.

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of the PS4.

Hope we'll get it soon :)

That's true, but whenever something like this happens, developers give you news about it. Uncharted 4, for example, was supposed to be 1080p at 60 FPS, but when that target became hard to achieve, they said that 60 fps would be restricted to the multiplayer.

People get frustrated, off course. But this is light-years better than launching an incomplete game, whithout lots of promised content and features as some kind of surprise to your loyal fan base. In this case, not only people get frustrated, but mad as well. Imagine the backlash of Uncharted 4 being announced as a full 1080p60fps title only to be launched as a 30 fps game next month...

But being Kazunori, he can get away with everything and still be considered as a perfectionist genius.

Well, it certainly didn't help that they released GT6 a month after the PS4 launched and barely marketed it. There were literally no commercials for it in the US.

That's pretty much the reason I didn't get it, picked up a PS4 and basically left the PS3 alone for just party games. (Buzz/Singstar)

Metfanant

That's true, but whenever something like this happens, developers give you news about it. Uncharted 4, for example, was supposed to be 1080p at 60 FPS, but when that target became hard to achieve, they said that 60 fps would be restricted to the multiplayer.

People get frustrated, off course. But this is light-years better than launching an incomplete game, whithout lots of promised content and features as some kind of surprise to your loyal fan base. In this case, not only people get frustrated, but mad as well. Imagine the backlash of Uncharted 4 being announced as a full 1080p60fps title only to be launched as a 30 fps game next month...

But being Kazunori, he can get away with everything and still be considered as a perfectionist genius.

this is one i just dont get...the game was never "announced" as anything..it was never "supposed" to be anything. ND said they were targeting 60fps, that didnt come to fruition...but the idea that there was ever any sort of promise that they went back on is incorrect.

Shin-Ra

Desperate impatience for new info doesn't excuse the embarrassing FUD certain individuals keep posting in this thread.

At that point there were 80 million PS3s in the wild and there was also no racing game on PS4. Had GT6 been a tour de force it would have sold a lot more. Anyone who turned on their PS3 and looked at the store would have seen the game was out. I think it's a good indicator of how PD have declined. They are lucky Evolution has been closed down, otherwise I could see a lot less people deciding to get another GT.

this is one i just dont get...the game was never "announced" as anything..it was never "supposed" to be anything. ND said they were targeting 60fps, that didnt come to fruition...but the idea that there was ever any sort of promise that they went back on is incorrect.

That's not the point. The point is as soon as somebody from ND said the game could be 1080p60fps, they created expectancy (it doesn't matter what was actually said). And as soon as they realized that target wouldn't be reached, they didn't ran away and hid the information for the public because they know waht would happen.

At that point there were 80 million PS3s in the wild and there was also no racing game on PS4. Had GT6 been a tour de force it would have sold a lot more. Anyone who turned on their PS3 and looked at the store would have seen the game was out. I think it's a good indicator of how PD have declined. They are lucky Evolution has been closed down, otherwise I could see a lot less people deciding to get another GT.

The total userbase was irrelevant at that point. Game sales for 360/PS3 dropped like a rock shortly after the next gen systems were released. The gen lasted too long and the people who were willing to drop $60 on games moved on at that point.

The total userbase was irrelevant at that point. Game sales for 360/PS3 dropped like a rock shortly after the next gen systems were released. The gen lasted too long and the people who were willing to drop $60 on games moved on at that point.

GT6 came out in November. Highest selling games for December 2013 NPD were 360/PS3 games so the userbase was relevant, since last gen games still dominated sales at that time and continued in the top 10 months after the new consoles came out. Check last gen GTA5 sales into 2014. GTA5 was still in the top 10 in June 2014. GT6 dropped like a rock because no-one cared for it.

3 years after PS4 launch and still no GT to be seen : Meanwhile 2 Forza Motorsport have been released.

Is it some kind of a joke.

PD really is the laughing stock of the industry : We were supposed to get a demo/beta at the beginning of this year and we got nothing.

I didn't bought GT6 after the joke called GT5 that took forever to come out and was half-finished when it did.

That serie cannot rely on its name anymore : This is their last shot before completely annihilating what's left of their credibility.

3 years after PS4 launch and still no GT to be seen : Meanwhile 2 Forza Motorsport have been released.

PD really is the laughing stock of the industry : We were supposed to get a demo/beta at the beginning of this year and we got nothing.

I didn't bought GT6 after the joke called GT5 that took forever to come out and was half-finished when it did.

That serie cannot rely on its name anymore : This is their last shot before completely annihilating what's left of their credibility.
i think Forza team is double the size of PD for one thing. Somewhat correct me if I'm wrong.

Also we are in year 3 of Ps4, it's not 3 years after it came out.

You can't count, the joke's on you!!1

GT6 came out in November. Highest selling games for December 2013 NPD were 360/PS3 games so the userbase was relevant, since last gen games still dominated sales at that time and continued in the top 10 months after the new consoles came out. Check last gen GTA5 sales into 2014. GTA5 was still in the top 10 in June 2014. GT6 dropped like a rock because no-one cared for it.

I wouldn't use GTA as an example because it has ridiculous legs and still charted last month despite it being released for the current gen consoles almost a year and a half ago. GTA V charts because it is GTA V. But yes, it wasn't until January 2014 when all the big franchises started to sell on next gen systems (NBA 2k14, Battlefield 4, Madden, FIFA, Tomb Raider all has their best versions sold on PS4)

Curufinwe

You seem like an expert on racing game culture.

Top Bottom