• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

GHG

I would laugh so much if they announced it was going to be PSVR and Neo exclusive.

But I wouldn't be surprised

I'll buy a PS4 Neo for GT Sport alone. Stupid me.

Hope to see some more of them Nurburgring impressions at E3...

I would laugh so much if they announced it was going to be PSVR and Neo exclusive.

It's more likely that XBOX One will beat the shit out of PS4 next Holiday season...

driver116

Something big is definitely happening coming up

gts5gvk4d.png

gts68xjyq.png

Maybe it will be a PlayStation live - like the one they had on Facebook yesterday for cod.

What happened to the open PD blog that's supposed to keep us updated and informed? That pitstop blog or something? Google gave me an URL, but the site seems down right now. The cached version shows me these recent entries.

Motor Fan FESTA and D1 GP in Fuji Speedway May 1, 2016
“GAME ON” Arrives in Japan! March 2, 2016
TOKYO AUTO SALON 2016 – Event Summary January 30, 2016
TOKYO AUTO SALON 2016 January 14, 2016
New Year Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 2) December 23, 2015
New Year Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 1) December 16, 2015
The 44th Tokyo Motor Show 2015 October 29, 2015
GT6 Track Path Editor September 30, 2015
Fascination Nürburgring – 24 Hours of Passion September 27, 2015
Battle of Summer 2015 August 28, 2015

Why wouldn't it say anything about GT Sport? Isn't that what the blog is supposed to be about? Communicating things better with your audience?

They started it so well, back in June of 2014. Talking about the shortcomings, how they want to improve the sounds, the process of it and all that good stuff. Now we're approaching a year since the GTS announcement and there hasn't been anything from them. Even as a filthy casual player who enjoys the games for different reasons than the (hardcore) fans, it's a bit annoying.

benzy

"Final beta event" from the translations, sounds they'll be detailing the open beta and its release info. These GT guys will probably just get to test it out first at the event before anyone else.

Jamesways

Lol. In other words, our ambition for this title is once again totally unrealistic within the limitations of the hardware, and far outstrips what is technically possible. We just can't seem to control ourselves and with Kaz going AWOL every five minutes we lack any sense of cohesion or direction. Don't worry though, we'll knock something together eventually and hope nobody minds the erratic frame rate and the horrendous screen tearing.

/s

Please understand...

I posted this in the Sony first party thread since it's not confirmed to be GTS

This was posted by an UBI employee

I saw a Sony first party #PS4 game today which is still in development. My reaction literally was...

This is the gif he posted

joaquin-phoenix-shocks9jcv.gif

https://twitter.com/SunnyGearSolid/status/725010936982061057

Speculation is that he's referring to Gran Turismo Sport as this was posted on GTplanet and Jordan (the guy that runs the site and has tight connections with Polyphony) "liked" the post. Rumor is that its been shown around recently and we've now got confirmation that Polyphony has been inviting GT Academy participants to London for an event that starts on May 18th and runs through the 20th.

w0s

If there is one wake me when it comes out game it is GT. I love the series but no way can I stay interested in the years between them.

Elios83

Is this game releasing this Fall or should I expect a delay? GT Sport, TLG, Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2 would be a very nice lineup for the Fall.

I wouldn't bet on the final game this year.
Beta should have been already released according to the original plan.
It's Polyphony...we'll likely play the beta by the end of this year.
Of course I'd love to be positively surprised.

Loris146

I wouldn't bet on the final game this year.
Beta should have been already released according to the original plan.
It's Polyphony...we'll likely play the beta by the end of this year.
Of course I'd love to be positively surprised.

Original plan was ( and still is) Spring. Spring ends 21 June i think.

GHG

It was that bad?

Kazunori pls

Those are my thoughts as well.

"We hear you liked the standard cars so much that we now have a new category of cars called standard-plus. Here were bring back all of the cars from GT1 and GT2 that didn't make it into future iterations in all their PS1 glory."

Elios83

Original plan was early 2016 as far as I know and it was reported on many websites including gt planet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-for-ps4-revealed-public-beta-coming-early-2016/

And that's also the reason why people have rightfully asked what's going on without answers from them since February/March in this same thread.
Of course I'd be super happy if they were able to release the beta in June and the full game at the end of this year.
But I'd prefer to avoid further disappointment.

farisr

But I wouldn't be surprised

I would be since the development kit documentation specifically states that there can't be neo exclusive games. Sony would get a shit ton of backlash.
Is this game releasing this Fall or should I expect a delay?

It's GT. Expect delays. No matter what they say. Less disappointment that way.

Why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may! What'd ya say?

Original plan was early 2016 as far as I know and it was reported on many websites including gt planet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-for-ps4-revealed-public-beta-coming-early-2016/

And that's also the reason why people have rightfully asked what's going on without answers from them since February/March in this same thread.
Of course I'd be super happy if they were able to release the beta in June and the full game at the end of this year.

From the PSblog after the announcement

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/27/gran-turismo-sport-coming-to-ps4-in-2016/

Loris146

They said early but Playstation blog confirmed the beta for a Spring release.

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/27/gran-turismo-sport-coming-to-ps4-in-2016/ Of course this does not mean we'll get the game this year 100%.

It's also a stretch to release something in June and say "it's still Spring!"

Technically, it might be right, but it's not what people expect and understand, when they see "Spring 2016" as a release window. The date should've been "2016" or "H1 2016" for the beta and maybe a more narrow window, once they get closer to releasing it (Q1 or Q2 in this case). If it was that clear, there wouldn't be that much confusion and needless disappointment, because again "June 2016" is seemingly not what your audience understands under "Spring 2016".

Elios83

Ok but then it was also added that the target was early 2016, people have been asking what's going on since February and they failed to provide any answers so far. That's not inspiring confidence to me.
Believe that everything is on track at the risk of your own disappointment.
I prefer to be surprised if they can actually release the full game this year.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah, you know what this is his reaction to? It's realising that GT Sport will still have the Paint Chip system...
pacman5cqw5.gif

Haha. Maybe not basic colors, I could see it happen with full liveries though. Unique liveries come from tournaments and so forth.

magawolaz

Speculation is that he's referring to Gran Turismo Sport as this was posted on GTplanet and Jordan (the guy that runs the site and has tight connections with Polyphony) "liked" the post. Rumor is that its been shown around recently and we've now got confirmation that Polyphony has been inviting GT Academy participants to London for an event that starts on May 18th and runs through the 20th.
I can't imagine a racing sim doing all that fuss... unless it's absolutely bonkers...

Maybe GoW4 or Sony Bend's game?

Anyway, good to know we'll get new info about GT Sport soon, can't wait.

Mascot

I keep getting all excited about GTS/7 and then I remember that Fanatec wheels won't be supported, only 'official' ones will. Not because of any technical barrier, of course, but because of pissing cunty fuck-shittery.

I keep getting all excited about GTS/7 and then I remember that Fanatec wheels won't be supported, only 'official' ones will. Not because of any technical barrier, of course, but because of pissing cunty fuck-shittery.

Isn't there an open-source adapter that's relatively cheap and allows really good G29 emulation on the PS4, including FFB?

magawolaz

I could very well imagine that reaction to a Polyphony Digital game. As much shit as they get, their games are usually jaw-dropping.
oh I know, trust me. I've been around enough to drool at Sunhi gifs, fap in the screen/photomode thread and flame in the Racing Sim Graphics thread -- I love the series and I know what the wizards at Polyphony can do (I'm even confident some scenes in the GTS reveal trailer were real time).

I just think it's easier to assume he's referring to something else (GoW4?), especially considering how secret this game has been. But we'll probably never know lol.

First Uncharted 4 impressions and now this. I'm dying of hype! :O

Yiazmat

Now just watch as this London event will get delayed as well.

Yeah, you know what this is his reaction to? It's realising that GT Sport will still have the Paint Chip system...
pacman5cqw5.gif

Or maybe he heard the engine sounds and they were even worse than before...

Apex

Why aren't you posting in GTP anymore if I may ask?
Not many old GT supporters remains there. He would have been banned at this point and his posts would be used to make fun of him by the very vocal groups and mods who dislike the game. It's good for news but is a weird place to post and engage in discussions.

Top Bottom