• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

Noobcraft

h9eZwYv.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.337545/page-229#post-11364029

Xbox version confirmed
IPhone port confirmed.

Moskalova

He post another message in the next page of the thread

Before anyone gets too attached - not that many of you are - GT isn't going to another platform.

Or is it? No, really it isn't.

Obligatory "Or is it?"

raven777

The mods at GTplanet are heavily hinted at something happening. We just don't know exactly what it is.

ah I see..

I skimmed that GTplanet thread and people seemed to think something will be announced in 2 hours?

I thought there was some sort of GT related event happening today or something..

raven777

PlayStation Europe @PlayStationEU
Mark your diaries: new GT Sport trailer and news will be streamed live on 19/5. Details: bit.ly/1TBeK0Z

26915378506_ed64a0b12a_b.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
I hope this is a genuine info blow-out with hype trailers and everything. I feel like Sony isn't treating GT like the premiere franchise it is.

It's a two-day thing, so hopefully there will be a big info-dump.
That's not at all what the website says. There's a 15min intro presentation with trailer at the start of things on the 19th followed by a bunch of races in the official FIA-licensed GT cups. The thing on the 20th is billed as limited opportunities for the public to play the game.

That's it. It's freaking nothing.

JamboGT

That's not at all what the website says. There's a 15min intro presentation with trailer at the start of things on the 19th followed by a bunch of races in the official FIA-licensed GT cups. The thing on the 20th is billed as limited opportunities for the public to play the game.

It is live streamed gameplay, surely that gives as much info as anything? It is more than pretty much any other games first gameplay showing?

AndyD

aka andydumi
It is live streamed gameplay, surely that gives as much info as anything? It is more than pretty much any other games first gameplay showing?

Not necessarily. With this type of game it's important to know numbers and what cars and tracks are coming, modes and feature details like car/livery customization, track generator, weather, multiplayer.

An event like this, similar to previous Acedemy releases, could be based on a preset demo with 2-3 tracks and 5-10 cars to pick from. And it can offer virtually no details as to all the other aspects that generally make these games what they are. Yes we'll know it looks good, but that's not what people really want to know.

Shin-Ra

PC would be nice, Playstation app similar to what Xbox does and download it. Never happen right? I can dream though.
You can dream and we can laugh.

Gotta love those announcement of announcements
Live stream suddenly starts, unannounced. A fraction of the potential viewership watches.

"Why didn't they announce this stream in advance?"
"Stupid Sony!"

RachJuice.gif

Not necessarily. With this type of game it's important to know numbers and what cars and tracks are coming, modes and feature details like car/livery customization, track generator, weather, multiplayer.

An event like this, similar to previous Acedemy releases, could be based on a preset demo with 2-3 tracks and 5-10 cars to pick from. And it can offer virtually no details as to all the other aspects that generally make these games what they are. Yes we'll know it looks good, but that's not what people really want to know.
That's kinda what I want to know.

I don't want PD to make the same mistake as Capcom and release GTS for the hardcore only. That's not why I buy GT games, never will go online to okay against others,probably won't buy a wheel, (unless it's amazing or something) and view the games as a Car RPG of sorts. I just want to collect hundreds of real cars, beat the best races, and be visually wowed while doing it.

Portman

Gotta love those announcement of announcements

Yeah that's one (recent?) trend in the industry that I've gotten tired of. Oh well, need to fire up my PS3 and finish GT6 so more time to get caught up and then be surprised when I forget about the announcement date. :)

Shaneus

Yeah that's one (recent?) trend in the industry that I've gotten tired of. Oh well, need to fire up my PS3 and finish GT6 so more time to get caught up and then be surprised when I forget about the announcement date. :)
I fired it up for the first time in ages a few days ago, completely forgot that aside from completing two of the licenses in it, I hadn't made that much progress at all. Other than buying a shitload of cars from a money exploit that existed at launch!

I fired it up for the first time in ages a few days ago, completely forgot that aside from completing two of the licenses in it, I hadn't made that much progress at all. Other than buying a shitload of cars from a money exploit that existed at launch!

Save yourself from pain and bypass GT6's shit career mode. Here's a savedata by razerman with the hidden tracks available, all cars in garage - no stockyard bollocks:

DON'T GO ONLINE with this save!

The things modified in this save can result in a ban so if you try to go online, it's your own fault when you get banned.

This works on CFW and OFW after resigning it to your account.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/9L6sxn8J/file.html

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
An announcement of an announcement. Still, at least we'll get actual gameplay. Finally we can learn if they fixed the sound.

Money says they'll play music over the trailer and we won't hear shit or hear any exhaust notes independently - just a grid of cars whizzing by.

Yeah, but it wasn't a debut trailer. Still, I hope they do the right thing in the trailer and make it exciting.
They could get people excited with a black screen and just the sounds of cars driving by alone(!) if the sound is actually improved. In fact they should have done that to announce the upcoming event; end the black screen with GT Sport logo and dates /international streaming times.

Top Bottom