• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

mr1campbell

Neo Member
Based on some screenshots I've seen, 1.06 might be using a slightly lower polygon count on the cars vs 1.05.

I notice this on wheels and on the exhaust pipes (round objects).
Haven't done any detailed analysis, but I've seen a slight difference.

Anyone else observed this?

benzy

Based on some screenshots I've seen, 1.06 might be using a slightly lower polygon count on the cars vs 1.05.

I notice this on wheels and on the exhaust pipes (round objects).
Haven't done any detailed analysis, but I've seen a slight difference.

Anyone else observed this?

Cars are tessellated so you'll have varying mesh generations at the game optimizes for performance.

both of these are v1.06.

pfv0cZ.png

wYSwpx.png

For those who have access to the beta forums, please tell PD to make the sector times green or red depending on if you are faster or slower in each sector, it's a minor change that adds so much.

For those who have access to the beta forums, please tell PD to make the sector times green or red depending on if you are faster or slower in each sector, it's a minor change that adds so much.

It's always been there. One cool detail is they calculate the best sectors and always give you the optimum lap of your best sectors combined on the fly, so you always have sth to change.

I played for about 3 hours last night. I had fun doing qualifying but my ping was like 200 something, when it came to pack racing it was pretty much always a disaster. I'm in New Zealand and I assume the servers for Asia (which AU/NZ are lumped into) are located in Japan, explaining the high ping.

It was a bummer for sure.

But the multi-function dashboard already has that... you mean on the overall HUD?

On the HUD, to the bottom right when you are running a hotlap, I don't mean the timer in the center of the screen. The sector times appear usually to the bottom right and the times are all Grey for all sectors.

bud

haha, i raced against you today on the ring!

you were behind me. you ended 7th, iirc.

had some really great races. connection issues have been non-existent (ping is around 18). if they keep improving whatever's there, this could be really great.

i believe.

Mush

I played for about 3 hours last night. I had fun doing qualifying but my ping was like 200 something, when it came to pack racing it was pretty much always a disaster. I'm in New Zealand and I assume the servers for Asia (which AU/NZ are lumped into) are located in Japan, explaining the high ping.

It was a bummer for sure.
Yeah, I feel ya. The Gr.3 races on the oval track and the Nurburgring were near unplayable because of all the teleporting.

Funniest and most frustrating moment of the night for me had to be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X0n4Wkrk-M

Niks

The texture upgrade really did wonders for DT. I'm happy about it too since that track deserves a lot of love. Hands down the best original track in GT history, and i'd say the best original track i've seen in any sim-style racer.

Dunno if its the best, but its certainly up there.

New gif by sunhi

5JdA1MV.gifv

l2ounD

Yeah, I feel ya. The Gr.3 races on the oval track and the Nurburgring were near unplayable because of all the teleporting.

Funniest and most frustrating moment of the night for me had to be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X0n4Wkrk-M

The warping has never been this bad for me, maybe cause the new amount of players? But plenty of funny things to see i guess, like getting hit from behind going around 60 mph and zooming to 190.. Plus a 46 second penalty. HA!
https://webmshare.com/play/GGDNE

Or like when a guy really wants to tell you his favorite xmen character https://webmshare.com/play/m8mjv

l2ounD

How widespread is the Nightcrawling right now? That looks infuriating.

For me its been like 1 guy in the race that go nuts but it calms down if I can get away or he drops out. I never seen that happen to a guy running in front though like in Mush's case. That would definitely suck.

WTF, this game looks more realer than Driveclub.

The lighting has always been there, but they're really starting to polish the shaders which is elevating it to what people expected for a current-gen GT in terms of realism. The cockpit really saw substantial upgrades in that area in the 1.06 patch. But you can see it elsewhere as well. Just look at how spot-on the rims look in the GIF that SunhiLegend just posted. The way the lighting hits them as well as the

The transformation that GTS has gone through since that dreadful Copper Box reveal has been astonishing.

bud

sunhi's added camera shake makes it look more realistic.

polyphony should add a bit of that to the replays, too.

Popsickles

Is anyone else finding HUD and driving options not sticking. When ever I actually start a race the HUD comes back and I have to quickly go into options then switch it on and off again to get it to go. Also I have traction control off and braking auto drive off but I feels like it's back on as the car slows itself on corners. It's infuriating

My ping was still 212, but I managed to get in some good races last night. Even managed to win one. My strategy is to just drive safely and wait for someone in front of me to make a mistake.

I've only raced on Brands Hatch (N300) and Dragon Trail (GR.4) so far since the other circuits rotate in a bit late in the night for me. Do they ever switch the order up or is it always Brands Hatch, Dragon Trail and Northern Isle to start?

Unknown?

The texture upgrade really did wonders for DT. I'm happy about it too since that track deserves a lot of love. Hands down the best original track in GT history, and i'd say the best original track i've seen in any sim-style racer.
Was DragonTrail upgraded? I honestly can't tell. It always looked good to me.

Top Bottom