• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

KdotIX

Had 3 races in Sport mode. Two of them were messy affairs, but can only imagine they get better as the ratings system has time to bed in. Still fun in their own right though.

We need to talk about tunes guys!

Fair point imho.

This game feels like Polyphony's Forza 5. Low on content in terms of tracks and cars but consistent quality throughout.

And ironically at the GT6 release I really felt they should cut content - but I meant the ps2 quality standard cars, not tracks and SP content. I wonder if on some level kaz genuinely thought he was listening to the fan base with this release. Sigh.

KORNdoggy

And ironically at the GT6 release I really felt they should cut content - but I meant the ps2 quality standard cars, not tracks and SP content. I wonder if on some level kaz genuinely thought he was listening to the fan base with this release. Sigh.

Based on the general possitive reaction to this beta, maybe he was.

Yiazmat

RBHjT4p.jpg

6zQnTmM.jpg

I always thought they should have done exactly this with their game - start fresh with all new assets at a higher quality bar, even if that meant less content overall. Thought it was the right thing for Turn 10 to do as well.

I just didn't know it'd take Polyphony so long to do it. It works best when its done early, and you have some more space to iterate relatively quickly based upon feedback.

So while I personally think its the right way to go, people who think this game is not worth the asking price make perfect sense.

So while I personally think its the right way to go, people who think this game is not worth the asking price make perfect sense.

I think it would make more sense if they laid out rough plans for free content updates. Like, "we're planning to add at least 10 more tracks, including Spa, Monza, Monaco, and a few fantasy tracks. We're also adding 100+ new cars in every category. Expect these updates to roll out over the coming year." It's harder to go on vague hints that there will be free updates to fill out the content without knowing a rough timetable or what that might include. I already got burned on that with Tekken 7, when many in the community were saying before launch that there'd be all these free content updates which never materialized.

HF2014

Ok. Impressions so far:

- Gameplay is amazing. Only play single player time trials, single races. Not into going full multiplayer.. which lead to...

- Campaign mode: What is this? Just some challenge split into tracks and missions, where is the hell is a real career mode where you start building up you car, garage, doing multiple events to go to the top? Perhaps im not informed properly about this game, is it going to change or this game is like that?

Graphics: Well they are great, nothing bad to say . Playing on a 720p display btw, no 2k,4k,6k whatever eye candy tech exist to push graphics to the top, but still found it really amazing. Think its in on par with Driveclub.

Thing that is a miss: Forza driving lane which change color was the way to go, well, for me. Not the crazy racing fanatic, but god i loved that option in Forza. In GT, its just a straight yellow line...

I will wait and see. Need to see more tbh, the lack offline career gamemodeis a bit of a turn off for me. I just dont see myself just going online to compete and challenge, not what i like.

Kaze13

I thoroughly enjoyed the closed beta and sunk a lot of time on it. I am afraid of how much time I'll sink into this and also when the game launches. I want more regular cars though. No S2000? Supra? RX7? So many cars that is missing from the list and it makes me sad.

DD

WoolyNinja

Ok, this is going to sound weird, but is anyone else experiencing motion sickness from this game? There's something about the way the game transitions from finishing a license or time trial to the menu. It freezes the race instantly and pops in a menu and its giving me some of the worst motion sickness feelings I've ever had.

Strangely enough its not the racing. And also strangely I'm fine with other racing games like F1 2017. I really think its the way the driving instantly stops and the way the menu pops in. Ugh, I'm so disappointed right now as I've been really looking forward to this game!

Kyoufu

Ok, this is going to sound weird, but is anyone else experiencing motion sickness from this game? There's something about the way the game transitions from finishing a license or time trial to the menu. It freezes the race instantly and pops in a menu and its giving me some of the worst motion sickness feelings I've ever had.

Strangely enough its not the racing. And also strangely I'm fine with other racing games like F1 2017. I really think its the way the driving instantly stops and the way the menu pops in. Ugh, I'm so disappointed right now as I've been really looking forward to this game!

Nope. No motion sickness on my end.

PtKid

Banned
My biggest disappointment and annoyance is the lack of proper career mode. (Starting from bottom and progress to top).

However the car lost is pathetic IMO. Where are production cars?

Other than that the game is technically sound.

KRaZyAmmo

It's gonna take me a while to get use to the game without traction control. I can't control RWD. I tried the M4 on the Dragon's trail and it was neigh uncontrollable.

Vuci

Pop-up is kind of distracting on some tracks (like the Tokyo track challenge), playing on a Pro.

Everything is so polished which makes these small issues stand out.

Well the servers finally came online, and I’m not blown away.

Visually it’s a mixed bag for me, incredible lighting ruined by very poor environments and horrendous looking 30fps reflections and shadows cast in cockpit view. Some annoying pop in as well.

And the sounds, I’m sorry to say have not been fixed. The BMW M4 and the MKVII Golf sound nothing like the real thing.

Neith

Banned
Yeah, only problem is the timing. This isn't the first year anymore.

Forza 5 looked like absolute GRADE AAA garbage as far as visuals and polish. A LITTLE BIT different in that regard guys. The game was like some shitty 360 game upscaled for a new system. It's ridiculous comparing it to this beauty.

I always thought they should have done exactly this with their game - start fresh with all new assets at a higher quality bar, even if that meant less content overall. Thought it was the right thing for Turn 10 to do as well.

I just didn't know it'd take Polyphony so long to do it. It works best when its done early, and you have some more space to iterate relatively quickly based upon feedback.

Totally agree - I just didn’t realize that involved gutting the SP experience which to me was the heart and soul of the series. And while the cars are all of a high quality bar, it’s hard to say that about the tracks. Still a lot of sketchy assets. The lighting goes a long way to cover that up but not entirely.

Anyways I’m not trying to shit on the parade - I think I’m just going to forever be enormously frustrated by this release (particularly because I wanted PC2 to step up to the plate and it’s just a pretty messy release]. And until we see what’s next, I’m worried about what it might mean for the future of the franchise.

Neith

Banned
No it does not, Cars and lighting looks great, track look ok, surrounding looks average, trees look poor, skybox isn't highest quality, you can see pixels on it, same with backdrops and that's on PS4 Pro on 4K tv.

Like I said it's not a bad looking game but sure as hell ain't gif pretty during gameplay. Replays looks nice, but I don't play replays, I play the game.

I pretty much disagree with this. I am a graphic whore as well, and have a nice PC, and I still think this game looks pretty great in gameplay.

It could use a few tweaks here and there for sure, but I'm pretty happy with the IQ especially.

theWB27

Forza 5 looked like absolute GRADE AAA garbage as far as visuals and polish. A LITTLE BIT different in that regard guys. The game was like some shitty 360 game upscaled for a new system. It's ridiculous comparing it to this beauty.

Your hyperbole is showing.

That's cool, on the other hand there is absolutely no denying that this thing has been advertised/promoted as a demo as well.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...t-free-limited-time-demo-launching-october-9/

Heck, the title of this thread itself contains the word demo because it was first promoted as a demo, not a beta.

I agree that the store and blog are doing a bad job of explaining what it is, but that is PlayStation / Sony. PD are delivering the information where they can, including when you first boot the game (and the name of the game itself when you download it).

Neith

Banned
Your hyperbole is showing.

Absolutely no hyperbole whatsoever. I owned an Xone at that time. I preordered F5. It was absolutely bonkers terrible in the graphics department. This was well known at the time. Unless you were a diehard Xbox fan used to only seeing garbage IQ the game looked terrible with image quality from hell. The assets for tracks were also incredibly poor in 5. 7 is a HUGE leap over 5 lol.

SeeThree

My T100 PS3 wheel works with force feedback. Seems like none of the buttons on the wheel work while racing but the paddles are shifting gears fine.

I was confused why I couldn't change the camera. But the controller let me get into cockpit view. I had no intention to buy this game but I might now.

Will the game have any tracks like Driveclub where you drive through pretty scenery like forests or big snowy mountains?

If its mostly those real life tracks Ive raced on hundreds of times in different racing games where its some trees here and there dirt on the side of the road and some stands at the finish line I'm bored of that.

Loudninja

My T100 PS3 wheel works with force feedback. Seems like none of the buttons on the wheel work while racing but the paddles are shifting gears fine.

I was confused why I couldn't change the camera. But the controller let me get into cockpit view. I had no intention to buy this game but I might now.

Will the game have any tracks like Driveclub where you drive through pretty scenery like forests or big snowy mountains?

If its mostly those real life tracks Ive raced on hundreds of times in different racing games where its some trees here and there dirt on the side of the road and some stands at the finish line I'm bored of that.
Well this is sim that uses real world tracks alot won tlook that impactful.

Belgurth

Neo Member
- Campaign mode: What is this? Just some challenge split into tracks and missions, where is the hell is a real career mode where you start building up you car, garage, doing multiple events to go to the top? Perhaps im not informed properly about this game, is it going to change or this game is like that?

Yeap, this is the game. More of this is all you'll get (and not that much for that). Which is why I won't be buying. I love the game but I just know I won't get motivated to just play online.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Man Polyphony needs to add a replay button for us casuals lol. Having to restart a race due to fucking up a corner is rough. Then again, I don’t know how they’d make it work for challenges. It feels like cars are harder to get into turns without breaking significantly early. Old GT didn’t feel like this.

Top Bottom