• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

Inviusx

OK, 43 GB seems excessive for a demo, almost like they don't want people trying it. Made me second guess if the download was worth it, so I look up gameplay footage only to discover the game looks absolutely nothing like it does in photo mode. Genuinely couldn't tell you it looks better than GT5 without seeing a direct side by side, so now I'm very confused as to why we're getting 1 GT game for every 3 Forza games.

Yeah thats too big for me. I'm still on capped internet.

theWB27

Absolutely no hyperbole whatsoever. I owned an Xone at that time. I preordered F5. It was absolutely bonkers terrible in the graphics department. This was well known at the time. Unless you were a diehard Xbox fan used to only seeing garbage IQ the game looked terrible with image quality from hell. The assets for tracks were also incredibly poor in 5. 7 is a HUGE leap over 5 lol.

I really can't take you seriously.

GHG

OK, 43 GB seems excessive for a demo, almost like they don't want people trying it. Made me second guess if the download was worth it, so I look up gameplay footage only to discover the game looks absolutely nothing like it does in photo mode. Genuinely couldn't tell you it looks better than GT5 without seeing a direct side by side, so now I'm very confused as to why we're getting 1 GT game for every 3 Forza games.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251489813

Also the chase cam does not do this game justice, nor is it a good way to get a feel for driving (IMO). Here's some of my gameplay footage:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x63wklb

I understand that people will complain about the career mode being different because this is structured in somewhat of an unorthodox way for a GT title (even though much of the usual career stuff is there, just packaged and presented differently) but the graphics complaints make no sense.

It looks stunning running on my OLED downsampled to 1080p.

It's all about raising your competency as a driver so you can either pve by beating your own time/ladders or pvp online instead of upgrading your car like an RPG.

I dig it, pure driving.

Old career mode was busted.

Find car with correct drivetrain.

Have some fun tuning it and then proceed to destroy the competition, ugh. They added stupid PP ratings (or whatever it was called) so people could try and challenges themselves.

Good riddance.

I can see people wanting more cars to collect but fuck that old campaign.

Just the same old GT stuff. Not a legit "campaign" like in Need for Speed games. Like the previous mainline GT games. I just want the game to layout a bunch of themed races across the various continents, hand me 10k credits to go pick a beat up, old car from the used car dealership, and I work my way up to bigger and better things from there.
The online side of things has the potential to be amazing, but it only works if the active player base hits critical mass.

GT Sport is designed to funnel everybody into online, even (especially) those who would otherwise be hesitant. If the experience is good, hopefully they'll be converts.

GTS not offering a proper SP campaign is absolutely a very deliberate design move, not just regular PD development shenanigans.

Have been away from the Sony ecosystem for a few years since I sold my PS3 (2012 maybe?). Picked up a PS4 Pro today for this game, nabbed a PS+ trial and started to the download the trial.....32 hours estimated to completion.

What a boner killer.

On a 60/5 connection, nonetheless. I see that Sony's downloads are still slow as shit, I don't understand. A bit of Google-fu showed me the proxy trick, which I did and the estimated time went immediately down to 3 hours.

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Have been away from the Sony ecosystem for a few years since I sold my PS3 (2012 maybe?). Picked up a PS4 Pro today for this game, nabbed a PS+ trial and started to the download the trial.....32 hours estimated to completion.

What a boner killer.

On a 60/5 connection, nonetheless. I see that Sony's downloads are still slow as shit, I don't understand. A bit of Google-fu showed me the proxy trick, which I did and the estimated time went immediately down to 3 hours.

Put it in Rest Mode and continue the download. It will decrease the download time even more.

Neith

Banned
Can someone clear up what follows over from the beta? Do those mission points carry over? I don't recall hearing about this?

GHG

The new campaign is more of a challenge than the old campaign was in that you are now given pre-defined cars, tracks and conditions to drive in.

In the old campaign it was a case of grind your arse off until you could upgrade your car or buy a car that outclasses the other cars in the field and then just blast past them to the front (see the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak). Whereas now you need to genuinely put some work in and improve your skills/strategy to get first in some of these mission challenges. Ive had more fun tackling stuff like mission challenge 6-2 than I ever did lapping opponents with ease in previous GT games but then maybe some people don't want that kind of challenge?

It all depends on what you're looking for in a racing game I guess.

There's no reason they couldn't have added the A Spec mode. They just chose a different way to do it, which I'm not a fan of.

As an analogy what we have is if someone decided to write a story, that exists only in the form of bullet points.

TheMan

just put in a bit of time

i dunno, feels a bit meh, kinda sterile. I think forza spoiled me in that regard, 4 was just incredible, felt fast. probably gonna pass on this, methinks.

The1Ski

Why the hell is the text size so small on everything!?

I sit about 10-12 feet from a 65" TV. There's no reason I should be struggling to read what's on the TV.

Please tell me I just haven't found the option setting

Started up driving school and I can't even for the life of me get the gold on the first event which is just driving in a straight fucking line.

Welp.

The new campaign is more of a challenge than the old campaign was in that you are now given pre-defined cars, tracks and conditions to drive in.

In the old campaign it was a case of grind your arse off until you could upgrade your car or buy a car that outclasses the other cars in the field and then just blast past them to the front (see the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak). Whereas now you need to genuinely put some work in and improve your skills/strategy to get first in some of these mission challenges. Ive had more fun tackling stuff like mission challenge 6-2 than I ever did lapping opponents with ease in previous GT games but then maybe some people don't want that kind of challenge?

It all depends on what you're looking for in a racing game I guess.

Yeah the old campaign was rather easy that way .
I like this version better just the lack of cars hurts .

Old career mode was busted.

Find car with correct drivetrain.

Have some fun tuning it and then proceed to destroy the competition, ugh. They added stupid PP ratings (or whatever it was called) so people could try and challenges themselves.

Good riddance.

I can see people wanting more cars to collect but fuck that old campaign.
seriously...there’s only so much rags to riches I can take man...

It’s old and cliche in GTA and same is true for GT. Give us more cars and tracks, but screw that liscense test are gateways to the fun stuff. And even when you have 2 million credits and 200 cars, you still don’t know how to actually play GT well lol. Just put a turbo engine into a skyline and shred the AI by applying zero brakes.

Crayon

"10 - 9 - 2017 apology for the Emergency server maintenance

The emergency maintenance performed earlier today may have damaged some of the uploaded content..."

There's little messages that pop u on the home screen.

There's no reason they couldn't have added the A Spec mode. They just chose a different way to do it, which I'm not a fan of.

As an analogy what we have is if someone decided to write a story, that exists only in the form of bullet points.

Nah it's more like the bullets point are for the first part of the story .
Where the online will be the second part Lol.

farisr

I took a look at the car list and honestly there just may not have been enough of a variety to hold together a normal A spec mode. There's about 67 unique real life cars in the game, and with that they went for a lot of high end cars. Aside from those 67 cars, there's around 25 concept vision GT cars. The rest of the roster is filled with doubles, triples and quadruples of those cars meant to provide enough of a selection in the various classes of racing in the game.

Soar

Nah instead of writing a book they created a story telling card game you play with others.

v1lla21

It's all about raising your competency as a driver so you can either pve by beating your own time/ladders or pvp online instead of upgrading your car like an RPG.

I dig it, pure driving.
So much this.

having as much fun as I did with DC when it came to beating my times. I started off pretty bad in sport with my fastest lap being a 1:04, but I was able to get it down to a 0:57.5. This was in the Miata one. Don't know if the options in sport mode change.

Started up driving school and I can't even for the life of me get the gold on the first event which is just driving in a straight fucking line.

Welp.
Make sure your trigger isn't broken. Mine is so I have to hold it at a certain angle to get full throttle.

Welp.
Probably got to get the rev going at the right time.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up. You'd think they'd give an indication if you don't have enough space to install.

Also, 43 gigs is a joke of a size for just a demo.
No prob.

I think you're basically downloading part of the game.

Nah it's more like the bullets point are for the first part of the story .
Where the online will be the second part Lol.

Haha.

In a way you're right though. Obviously the meat of the game is the online mode, Sports, with the narrative as you becoming a virtual FIA certified driver.

Honestly... I think they've got their priorities straight, especially on how big multiplayer online games have become. I'm just a little sad because it's not what I feel in love with GT for.

23qwerty

What a boner killer.

Close all background apps and games, that'll speed it the hell up

The online side of things has the potential to be amazing, but it only works if the active player base hits critical mass.

GT Sport is designed to funnel everybody into online, even (especially) those who would otherwise be hesitant. If the experience is good, hopefully they'll be converts.

I think the problem so far (unless the final game has a lot more options or there's modes I haven't unlocked yet) is that the online features seem to be fairly narrow in scope. No quick matches, no ghost battles that I can find, etc. Waiting around for 20 minutes for a race to start is not what many people have the patience for.

Gestault

Figured out my download problem. Apparently 150GB isn't enough room for a 43GB demo.

Leaving to download overnight.

I had to clear a few games I wouldn't have wanted to otherwise, for basically the same reason. Hopefully nothing comes up with 160 gb free. I've really gotta top off my system with an external.

I think the problem so far (unless the final game has a lot more options or there's modes I haven't unlocked yet) is that the online features seem to be fairly narrow in scope. No quick matches, no ghost battles that I can find, etc. Waiting around for 20 minutes for a race to start is not what many people have the patience for.
The races seem to be every 20 minutes (on the hour, 20 minutes past the hour, 20 minutes to), AFAICS, so it's easy to know when the races will start and join at that time (outside of your first race). You can join early to warm up too, which is very helpful for your first few races (so people who don't know about the race times yet shouldn't be too bothered).

As to whether the races will be interesting enough to keep people coming back, we'll have to see.

dreamfall

Why is my option for visual modes greyed out? If I’m playing on a 4K screen can I opt to prefer visual quality over performance? It just says 2K.

Oh my god, the Options screen actually didn't crash (first time I've tried since yesterday). Maybe it was a server-side fix, or I got lucky. Thank god I can finally turn off the in-race BGM.

The focus of the game works well. I feel that desire to move up.

the game is really designed to make you want to keep playing, the SR, while I sometime felt unfair for getting penalty after getting bumped for behind, really make me obsessed to play a clear round and improve my SR.

I feel no pressure to win online races, but I want to get clear run, and the matchmaking to similar time trial run ensure that I always have someone in front and behind me, so it didn't feel like I'm playing on my own just like in other racing game when I was sometimes left behind by large margin.

There’s online races in the arcade section. With a list that you can categorize into race types. You can either create races yourself or join others.

witness

This is my issue, I could never be around in time for a race to start. I also don't want to join a random lobby either. Bummer because I'm excited to try Sport mode but the hoops you have to jump through are really dumb.

WoolyNinja

This is my issue, I could never be around in time for a race to start. I also don't want to join a random lobby either. Bummer because I'm excited to try Sport mode but the hoops you have to jump through are really dumb.

I don't understand - so neither a quick race or a race you have to wait 10 minutes for work? What do you want, a 2 1/2 minute wait time between races?

E: That came across a bit wrong - I'm seriously wondering what you're looking for

dracula_x

pretty good soundtrack, even DANGER is here :)

cOzDkIl.png

also:

0Ukm4xY.png

Top Bottom