• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
How soon do you earn trophies in the demo? I'd like to try it but I'm not certain I'll be buying the game. I don't like my trophy list cluttered with 1 or 2 trophies from games I may never play.

Codeblew

I think up to a certain point tomorrow morning (for the US folks)?

Bummer. I guess I will have to marathon it tonight.

BTW - Anybody feel free to add PSN: MidBoss. Always nice to have more times to try and beat.

How soon do you earn trophies in the demo? I'd like to try it but I'm not certain I'll be buying the game. I don't like my trophy list cluttered with 1 or 2 trophies from games I may never play.

I don't think I have gotten any trophies and I have played about 6 or 7 hours.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Posting today? I'm checking YT like every 30 mins.
GT Sport is the perfect game to sell HDR tv's.
Tomorrow. The processing time for 4K HDR videos is insanely long on YT. Will probably take all night!

The video is focused on the Pro presentation and HDR primarily with some light performance testing. Didn't get to dig into standard PS4 as getting the whole HDR thing to work right ate into production time but it worked and it's awesome!

ethomaz

Banned
What are you talking about regarding the demo ending tomorrow? Won't I be able to play it after tomorrow?
Well you can play the game after 4 days :p

It is a limited time trial to sell the game to everybody.

I thought it was a wonderful move.

According to some people on GT Planet the preorder cars can be bought for ingame credits. Am I missing something here? Why would you buy a SE when all cars can be unlocked? Is it just that those cars are available to use on day one?

Crayon

According to some people on GT Planet the preorder cars can be bought for ingame credits. Am I missing something here? Why would you buy a SE when all cars can be unlocked? Is it just that those cars are available to use on day one?

The 80 dollar one doesn't look like a very alluring deal at all. Base game for me.

ghibli99

Just finished a video on this game and it's the first one I've made entirely in HDR. I just can't get over how good the HDR implementation is here. Truly the best I've seen and it's not even close.
Looking forward to checking this out. And agreed on the HDR implementation; it's quite convincing!

benzy

Preorder cars just give you immediate access to them. Would have been a horrible decision to lock unique cars behind preorders.

So this is my first online ranked race.

And I've always been a bit apprehensive about playing racing games online. It's either full of elitist who will boot you out because you didn't take a turn perfectly, or assholes who think this game is bumper cars online.

But this was actually fun. I don't know why but how the game is designed, presented, and executed seems to bring out the best in people.

I actually want to get - better - at this game. I think Polyphony may be on to something here.

Btw I'm racing with most of the assists off, counter steering off, brake assist off, traction control is set to 1. I do have brake indicator and corner markers on though as I still need to memorize the courses.

And as I've said before, the dual shock works pretty well. But without a doubt I'll be shopping for a good wheel sooner than later. What's the official brand partner for this game? And is it good?

Newboi

Tomorrow. The processing time for 4K HDR videos is insanely long on YT. Will probably take all night!

The video is focused on the Pro presentation and HDR primarily with some light performance testing. Didn't get to dig into standard PS4 as getting the whole HDR thing to work right ate into production time but it worked and it's awesome!

So you didn't get to play the standard PS4 version at all? I was curious as to how Aliasing compared on PS4 Pro vs PS4.

I'm not sure what it is about GT:Sport, but the aliasing sticks out like a sore thumb at least on the standard PS4 version of the game. It's bad enough to be distracting for me. I'm surprised the team wasn't able to develop effective post process and temporal filters to combat the heavy aliasing. Seeing what DICE and Bethesda has accomplished with titles targeting 60fps, I'm surprised Polyphony Digital weren't able to accomplish more.

I wonder if the visual issues this game has stand out so much because the team was aiming for photo-realism with how they designed the game? Things like the aliasing, reflections, and 2D trees really stick out more than I expected them to.

I still don't get how people are getting that track down that low. My best time it a 44.9. And I don't see how I could be losing more than a second on that sharp turn at the end.

Any assists? What’s your setup? I turned everything but countersteer and ABS (weak) off and started going inside some of the suggested lines, braking less, and got more aggressive after that last sharp turn. Mid 44’s are typical with that setup.

So you didnj't get to play the standard PS4 version at all? I was curious as to how Aliasing compared on PS4 Pro vs PS4.

I'm not sure what it is about GT:Sport, but the aliasing sticks out like a sore thumb at least on the standard PS4 version of the game. It's bad enough to be distracting for me. I'm surprised the team wasn't able to develop effective post process and temporal filters to combat the heavy aliasing. Seeing what DICE and Bethesda has accomplished with titles targeting 60fps, I'm surprised Polyphony Digital weren't able to accomplish more.

I wonder if the visual issues this game has stand out so much because the team was aiming for photo-realism with how they designed the game? Things like the aliasing, reflections, and 2D trees really stick out more than I expected them to.

Is your TV overscanning?

That artificial zoom-in really fucks with image quality. Also, make sure your tv isn't on dynamic mode or anything like that. Even game mode blasts brightness, color, contrast, sharpness way too high.

You should be able to calibrate your tv even after your put it on game mode. If you can't, then you don't need to put it on game mode, but then specifically turn off lag causing effects individually so that you can get game mode like input lag without having to deal with it's calibration settings. (that's all game mode is really, it just forces off all that extra nonssense you should have off anyway)

Laziness? Wanting to get ahead?

The 80 dollar one doesn't look like a very alluring deal at all. Base game for me.

I canceled my limited edition order and will be going standard digital. No need to have extra credits and cars when all are regularly available through the game itself.

HDM

Are your savegames ok guys ?

It seems i've lost 3 lvl, half of my credits, 2000 miles, ingame achievements, etc.

Well you can play the game after 4 days :p

It is a limited time trial to sell the game to everybody.

I thought it was a wonderful move.

That doesn't work for many. It feels awfully rushed when it comes to quality control. I was on the fence after the closed beta and this doesn't help making a positive impression.

mojo2

Neo Member

It seems i've lost 3 lvl, half of my credits, 2000 miles, ingame achievements, etc.

Yeah, I can't save. 48 hours of this nightmare. Don't want to turn the game off and the frigging demo ends soon.

Hakkuei

Do I have to buy a gr.4 car in order to join that Interlagos race? I thought there was supposed to be a base car available from the start but there is nothing to select. It was the same with the karts earlier but it finally appeared when I tried at a later time, so I'm a bit confused.
Anyone?

I can't even buy a car anyway because my save keeps getting reset and I'm always poor

Really? This is one of the most polished games out there. If anything, it feels like they underestimated the amount of folks interested in the open beta/demo.

I can’t even get into the menus because it crashes. SP options aren’t even available when servers are offline. I am unable to test the demo with the T300. So one lap on one of the closed beta tracks with a controller will be all I will have done before this demo ends.

I can’t even get into the menus because it crashes. SP options aren’t even available when servers are offline. I am unable to test the demo with the T300. So one lap on one of the closed beta tracks with a controller will be all I will have done before this demo ends.

Damn, that sounds extremely unfortunate and displeasing. Have you tried reinstalling it? I haven’t had a single menu crash yet.

From what I read re: Arcade mode in the various official notifications/update bulletins, it will have offline availability in the full release. Thankfully.

That doesn't work for many. It feels awfully rushed when it comes to quality control. I was on the fence after the closed beta and this doesn't help making a positive impression.

The problem is, it's both a demo and a beta stress test. Bad combination. There should be no crashes in a demo because that presents something the opposite of polished. They made a bad choice in trying to combine them into one.

I can't even buy a car anyway because my save keeps getting reset and I'm always poor

You can't buy cars in the demo, you can only win them for completing challenges etc. Not sure about your Interlagos question, I had no problem entering the race.

IISANDERII

- deleted game save
- finished driver training
- finished missions
- sport mode time trial
- wait 15 min in menus

all these did not fix the issue
I deleted the game settings file, not my progress save file.
And then when booting up the game again, it asks if you want to prioritize frame rate or visual quality, I chose visual quality.

Three

The beta trial seems to crash (report a problem page) for me now if I select to receive my bonus for some achievement or go to 'my menu'. Any ideas? Is the beta over?

ty_hot

Anyone?

When I first launched the game I got a Gr4 car, this was before the game was playable. I think everybody got a Gr4. Maybe you lost it becvause you had problems with tour save game?

Damn, that sounds extremely unfortunate and displeasing. Have you tried reinstalling it? I haven’t had a single menu crash yet.

From what I read re: Arcade mode in the various official notifications/update bulletins, it will have offline availability in the full release. Thankfully.

Went to bed with 15 minuted to go on the download. I’m sure I will be too late to try it out after I come home from work tomorrow. I’ll try and muster some enthusiasm for the release. Have fun with it either way.

jayu26

wITyDPc_d.jpg

Look at the first qualifying time.

Now to games credit that dude was kicked out right after before even warm up.

Edit: Shit thats a bad image, will try to fix it later. Going out now. Anyway the time is 6.362 secs.

JJShadow

Any assists? What’s your setup? I turned everything but countersteer and ABS (weak) off and started going inside some of the suggested lines, braking less, and got more aggressive after that last sharp turn. Mid 44’s are typical with that setup.

Actually, the only point where you have to break (and very briefly) is in the right turn before the last chicane. Rest of the circuit is full throttle

I lost some of my cars and credits as well, and went from level 7 to level 3. Not really bothered as I was planning on starting from scratch once the full game is out

what gear do you take that specific corner in? do you go wide at the end? my fastest lap was when i took it in fourth gear and stayed on the inside.

4th gear definitely. I try to break as late as possible in a very aggresive way and then head into the inside and stay there full-throttle, use all the width of the track when exiting

Gurish

Just played it, not into racing and this is the first 60 fps racer I've played this gen so maybe Forza and others alike are the same from this perspective but visually it is very underwhelming on OG PS4, while car models are great, environments are straight out of PS3. All those gifs that people have been posting on here are really misleading, the game doesn't look nearly as good.

njs15

Love Interlagos, but I'm not going to risk racing it for the rest of the day. Seems impossible to get through the senna chicane without someone torpedo-ing you, which drops your SR and gives you a penalty. Twice now I've intentionally dropped to the back after being run into and focused on simply running clean sectors, but that wasn't even good enough to bring me out of an overall SR drop.

Tokyo Expressway with LMP1 cars is a blast, and if you can qualify high enough you should be able to escape the carnage.

jayu26

Just played it, not into racing and this is the first 60 fps racer I've played this gen so maybe Forza and others alike are the same from this perspective but visually it is very underwhelming on OG PS4, while car models are great, environments are straight out of PS3. All those gifs that people have been posting on here are really misleading, the game doesn't look nearly as good.
You need to go back and look at GT5/6.

Putty

Interlagos is a god tier track in both what PD have recreated but more importantly just how fantastic a track it is to drive...

How can something that is a direct representation of the game be misleading?

People aren't doctoring these images in a lab, and then putting them up here.

I can see the game running on my own TV and in no way does it look last-gen. In part or in whole.

Look, I hate to harp on common points but some of you guys really need to calibrate your tv. Overscan, dynamic, mode, etc. etc. really fucks up the image quality. Because there is really no other way why I could explain somebody saying the game's backdrops look last-gen outside of trolling, and I'm sure that's not your intent.

Top Bottom