• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport PS4 Pro details

In more straight-up terms, this will be the first Gran Turismo that will be able to accurately mimic the distinctive red found on Ferraris. If you've ever been to an F1 race you might have noticed the slightly strange orange glow to the older Ferraris, a trick used so that when shown on standard TVs they look more like the red traditionally associated with the marque.

Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 Pro employs BT2020 colour space, which allows it to reflect a wider range of colours. "Ferrari's red was a colour that was outside the colour space up until now," said Yamauchi. "With Gran Turismo Sport on Pro, the red of the Ferrari is accurately represented. All the McLaren cars, the colour is outside of the colour space that's been represented in the past."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-gran-turismo-to-accurately-show-ferrari-red

We will see what they deliver. PD's output has been lacklustre this last decade so they need to get back on track and make GT great again!

They are going up against a Scorpio FM7 too next year most likely, so comparisons will obviously be made. I hope Kaz has at least the fundamentals in place this time.

cooldawn

You'll get downsampling, like every Ps4 pro game that doesn't have any specific 1080p mode.

I swear sony need to market this more, because people don't seem to be getting it.

Absolutely nothing? You'll get the 1800p rendered game downsampled to 1080p, same as a lot of other Pro enhanced games. Horizon Zero Dawn is the same as an example.
Yes...that's a given. What about other stuff like a visual upgrade of sorts?

It's not really a full detailing of how it'll take advantage of the Pro. We probably won't see a full breakdown until closer to release. But at the very least we'll get supersampling which will benefit the image quality greatly.
I hope there's more. I really do.

So Polyphony Digital can present what they're achieving on PS4 Pro approximately 12 months ahead of release,

Meanwhile at EA/Dice..........

dezzy8

If the tires still screech I'm not buying. I wish they would get whoever directed the sound in NFS Shift. Those games sound so good.

theWB27

The camera change naturally will change the dynamic of how the car sounds. If you're in the car or sitting on the hood it will be quite intense, but if youre several feet away outside the car there will be more dissipation.

That's not the point. I'm saying I don't see how a camera change would make it sound like other racers that have great sound if it isn't great overall.

That's not the point. I'm saying I don't see how a camera change would make it sound like other racers that have great sound if it isn't great overall.

That's because other games use pre-recorded audio samples and sound pretty much the same everywhere. It's a less realistic approach than what we have in Sports now.

Unknown?

If the tires still screech I'm not buying. I wish they would get whoever directed the sound in NFS Shift. Those games sound so good.

Tires screech in real life, have you never heard a car lose traction? Or are you saying if they use the same sound samples? It's hard to tell with the amount of shit posting in these threads.

rakanishu

Banned
Ok?

They said it right there 1800p checkerboard ,not sure what you are talking about.

No one mention native 4k.

GfGxADK.jpg

Neo 007

・Brightness range 100 times higher than the current camera standard.

How the fuck is that going to benefit ANYONE today?
.....these guys.....FUCK!!!!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think people arguing about checkerboard 4k and native 4k are gonna be hard pressed to tell the difference. Every impression of people who have seen it have said as such.

Latimer

Banned
I think people arguing about checkerboard 4k and native 4k are gonna be hard pressed to tell the difference. Every impression of people who have seen it have said as such.

There have been comparison shots of Rise of the Tomb Raider, checkerboard 4k vs native 4k and there was definitely a difference.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

While I agree, this is checkerboard 1800p so there probably will be a noticeable difference compared to either 4K option.

rakanishu

Banned
There have been comparison shots of Rise of the Tomb Raider, checkerboard 4k vs native 4k and there was definitely a difference.

Yes.

If checkerboarding wasn't noticeable, Nvidia would have been all over that shit in 2006. The PC marked went beyond 1080p years ago, so you'd think someone would have thought of cheesing it before Sony/AMD

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Those were mostly from the PS Meeting footage. In the recent patch notes it said that that it further improved the image quality of the 4K mode.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

The difference was pc ultra settings vs in development footage using console settings. Native 4K is going to look better obviously but that Tomb Raider comparison was especially unfavorable.

Top Bottom