• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

DrKelpo

Banned
ok...seriously... there are obviously still some graphic and sound issues... but the track looks a lot better than in the trailer, doesn't it?

But that would mean, they knowingly put the inferior looking parts in the trailer despite the fact that they had better footage.

...I mean...what?

Is it me or I see aliasing everywhere ?.

J9n3cXX.png

ok...seriously... there are obviously still some graphic and sound issues... but the track looks a lot better than in the trailer, doesn't it?

But that would mean, they knowingly put the inferior looking parts in the trailer despite the fact that they had better footage.

...I mean...what?
Looks really good, however i can't shake the feeling of it being an Uprezzed GT6

...I mean...what?

Yeah, that's bizarre. And why show an awkward crash in the trailer when there is no damage modelling?

KOHIPEET

Hmm..
The whole thing seems...I don't know. Unpolished? (Except photo-mode. That looks dope.)

After all, this is like a side-quest right? So we're going to get a proper GT game after this.

Right?

Well, there's a reason most Japanese developers have abandoned the pretense of creating their own graphical engine.

I mean, this game just looks unbelievably poor.

You mean like Konami, Atlus, Namco, Tecmo Koei, From Software, Monolith Soft, Nintendo, Sony Japan or Platinum?

Also lol

JP

The sky box is attached far too close to the track, it moves far too much. There are actually a lot of things in this that just look very, very early as in effects that appear to be in their first iteration.

As much as I love these games I'm confused as to why they are showing something that is so early and is missing so many of the basic things that you would get in a first person game.

Hopefully there is enough time to get it where I want it though.

EDIT:
Ha, even things like tyre marks on the track, the dirt are missing. I just can't understand why they're showing this now.

terrible

Banned
Visually speaking this Nordschleife replay looks really good to me. I'd like to see what it's like while actually playing but I don't need the game to look any better than this at all.

The sounds though...

c0de

Compression totally blows out detail, unless you think it's a green untextured polygon.

Well, let's not pretend the picture puts a better light on the first impression at all. Yes, compression can make a difference but not that much.

Racing slicks still seem to be way off. Doesn't appear the tire model has changed at all between GT6 and this. Who cares about some more trees in the background? Nothing being shown indicates a PS4 is necessary at all for this game. Other games have released way better looking versions of the Ring since PD first raised the bar with GT4.

STEaMkb

... the VR support is only for GT Sport anounced. This is the reason why the graphics we see here are not as good as many thought because the VR and normal 3D version must be "on par".

The Virtual Reality version must have influenced their design approach. They could have developed a visually stunning game, free from constraint, and then produced a cut down version for VR, but they are designing both in tandem because Sony see the value in having a good VR racing title.

bombshell

Hmm, so in bonnet cam when there are no screeching the engine sounds are actually quite good. Turn down the screeching sounds for God's sake PD.

Crayon

Hmm..
The whole thing seems...I don't know. Unpolished? (Except photo-mode. That looks dope.)

After all, this is like a side-quest right? So we're going to get a proper GT game after this.

Right?

Nope. I think this is their attempt at getting a game out in a timely fashion.

The sky box is attached far too close to the track, it moves far too much. There are actually a lot of things in this that just look very, very early as in effects that appear to be in their first iteration.

I would love to watch the stream to know what the hell this means. That shouldn't be possible. Unless being drawn at a different fov to the rest of the game maybe?

KORNdoggy

The Virtual Reality version must have influenced their design approach. They could have developed a visually stunning game, free from constraint, and then produced a cut down version for VR, but they are designing both in tandem because Sony see the value in having a good VR racing title.

Tbh, if they can nail the sense of presence sat in these cars in VR, then i'll forgive them for having a bland Grass texture in the ring. Lol.

Tbh, i intend to be playing this in VR 100% of the time anyway.

I can't believe Sony wouldn't ask better of these fuckers. I remember interviews before GT5 where they had microphones behind and inside exhaust pipes and they still came out sounding like Dysons. There's simply no distinction between cars. Given their slow output, how is it acceptable to be so far now behind the competition, who actually deliver on exiting, realistic simulation with brilliantly authentic sounding cars without that same fucking tyre screech that I've heard since 1997? So, so lame. I'm finished with GT.

Putty

Well that's much better than the trailer....Foliage looks nice, trees look nice, smoke looks nice and stays on screen for a while, lighting is as nuts as ever.....bit more promising...

Volcane

The track in the Mazda race looked horrible - just so flat looking and awful buildings (I actually thought it looked worse than the Tokyo track in GT5). The Brands Hatch track looked better. Nuremburg track looked pretty good.

Horrible car engine sounds and tyre squealing.

Cars looked a bit weightless.

Not impressed with so far with GT's first foray on the PS4.

JP

I would love to watch the stream to know what the hell this means. That shouldn't be possible. Unless being drawn at a different fov to the rest of the game maybe?
I'm not sure how to explain it other than the perspective seems really off, clouds on the horizon almost look like they're attached to the track boundary as they move far too much for something that far away.

That's not the only weird thing in the stream, when I say weird I mean stuff that didn't seem to happen the other games.

Yeah, maybe, just maybe if they need to keep this visual for steady 60fps during VR I could understand (even though I think the framerate isn't that solid right now).

Still.... meh.

Morzak

Racing slicks still seem to be way off. Doesn't appear the tire model has changed at all between GT6 and this. Who cares about some more trees in the background? Nothing being shown indicates a PS4 is necessary at all for this game. Other games have released way better looking versions of the Ring since PD first raised the bar with GT4.

Yeah the issue with the game at this point aren't the graphics (but they are definitely nothing too impressive for the most part) but the racing just looks bad. The only hope is that the live network spectator view makes everything way more janky then it actually is. But if they didn't step up the physics considerably from GT6 it would be a huge disappointment.

Footos22

This is still a "beta" build. Its probably nothing like the actual final product.

Deja vu of driveclub first showing coming right back.

This is surprisingly entertaining. Far better than I was anticipating. I assume damage is off to prevent getting beaten up by overly aggressive competitors? ...But it's probably just not there, lol. It's GT. I should know better.

Looks way better in motion here, but god there's so much to do. Basic effects most notably.

Top Bottom