• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

Moosichu

Can't Polyphony just, use Driveclubs audio? It's so good and authentic. I really hope their pride hasn't stopped them from communicating with Evo studios.

Yeah the issue with the game at this point aren't the graphics (but they are definitely nothing too impressive for the most part) but the racing just looks bad. The only hope is that the live network spectator view makes everything way more janky then it actually is. But if they didn't step up the physics considerably from GT6 it would be a huge disappointment.

There have been enough slides, spins, collisions and drift for speed footage shown this stream for it to eliminate jank as the off physics. Having not played GT6 in a while, I would find it very difficult to tell this apart from GT6. There is no way in hell that was the case with GT4 and Prologue.

This is all horrible to watch, the game really does look pretty awful the more I see of it. PD just ain't been able to adapt to modern technology, as someone said in another thread this really does seem like GT Port. The cars looks lovely and as though they've been done from scratch, everything else seems lifted from GT6.

Kaz ain't given a fuck the past decade and damn does it show, he's easily the most incompetent of the big devs out there, useless dude really needs to get lost and have someone who cares take over.

3 fucking years and this is what they have to show? Fuck, Kaz doesn't even have the excuse of the PS3 holding him back, how is this game not able to hold 60fps?

This is surprisingly entertaining. Far better than I was anticipating. I assume damage is off to prevent getting beaten up by overly aggressive competitors? ...But it's probably just not there, lol. It's GT. I should know better.

Looks way better in motion here, but god there's so much to do. Basic effects most notably.

Are you the damage control team?

Yeah everyone was freaking about the treewall in the trailer. And while it's not a good look, I found it pretty unlikely that the game would end up looking like that.

That's because the game we see is a completly #new_bluid !!

i'm still not joking

Damn this thread reminds me of the Drive Club thread. People mocked the unfinished product saying they wouldn't not hit the reveal and saying Forza, Need For Speed, ect.. looked better and with each iteration of build it got better. I don't understand how someone who has watched the dev cycle play out over the years and proclaim an unfinished product....

I think this scene about sums up my feeling on how this is looking right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-FMvt83fA

I mean, perhaps it's due to the poor image quality of the steam, but Forza 6, and especially Driveclub currently seem to blow this out of the water visually. The photo mode looks awesome, but is this even a proper GT game? I mean, being this late to the party, if this doesn't have the feature set to compete in the current market (400+ cars, lots of tracks, full career mode, fully featured online), it's going to be a bit too little, too late.

Gameplay looks great though, I'm sure it will be a solid game otherwise.

Alo0oy

Banned
I can't believe Sony wouldn't ask better of these fuckers. I remember interviews before GT5 where they had microphones behind and inside exhaust pipes and they still came out sounding like Dysons. There's simply no distinction between cars. Given their slow output, how is it acceptable to be so far now behind the competition, who actually deliver on exiting, realistic simulation with brilliantly authentic sounding cars without that same fucking tyre screech that I've heard since 1997? So, so lame. I'm finished with GT.

Because GT sells better than every other racing game combined? That's what Sony cares about, once GT stops being one of the biggest gaming brands in the world, they might do something, they don't care about the people complaining on the internet.

Although my complaint is the lack of standard cars, I don't want this premium only shit, standards was what was unique about GT. I also feel like the "Pokemon" aspect of GT is what makes so big.

Damn this thread reminds me of the Drive Club thread. People mocked the unfinished product saying they wouldn't not hit the reveal and saying Forza, Need For Speed, ect.. looked better and with each iteration of build it got better. I don't understand how someone who has watched the dev cycle play out over the years and proclaim an unfinished product....

Maybe because some people already rode this train before with Polyphony.

I think it's safe to say the majority of this game won't look that different by November.

The commentary made it sound like that can simply can happen, c'mon lol, that was intentional. He picked up second place and bumped the person out of the pursuit. That's where games and irl races differ.

Crayon

Because GT sells better than every other racing game combined? That's what Sony cares about, once GT stops being one of the biggest gaming brands in the world, they might do something, they don't care about the people complaining on the internet.

Although my complaint is the lack of standard cars, I don't want this premium only shit, standards was what was unique about GT.

Truth be told, the absence of all my old 90's whips is the biggest letdown for me.

Let's not remake history , when driveclub was in a playble state at events , it was already way beyond what was showed here.
People here can't see the leap in generation from GT6 to GT sports , it's that simple.

Loris146

I think it's safe to say the majority of this game won't look that different by November.

5p4o1j5f2hw3pgy827kft6ask.jpg

Still far from what i was expecting but still...

Lima

Although my complaint is the lack of standard cars, I don't want this premium only shit, standards was what was unique about GT. I also feel like the "Pokemon" aspect of GT is what makes so big.

I don't even know what I'm reading here. Might be diarrhea in text form or something.

DevilFox

Wow at this thread. What is this backlash, does the game suck or it's the usual "GT is shit because reasons" madness? I've just watched the gameplay trailer and I haven't seen anything that bad.

Although my complaint is the lack of standard cars, I don't want this premium only shit, standards was what was unique about GT.

Eh, I agree that standard cars (upgraded to premium) would be great but old standard cars in 2016 would be like a sentence to death.

Morzak

There have been enough slides, spins, collisions and drift for speed footage shown this stream for it to eliminate jank as the off physics. Having not played GT6 in a while, I would find it very difficult to tell this apart from GT6. There is no way in hell that was the case with GT4 and Prologue.

Yeah I'm not expecting that most of it is from the spectator mode. But if they didn't improve the physics significantly I don't see a reason to get it and it would probably fall right into the window where I will buy a PS4 /Neo. It really seems extremely disappointing and the graphics are the least of it.

terrible

Banned
Let's not remake history , when driveclub was in a playble state at events , it was already way beyond what was showed here.
People here can't see the leap in generation from GT6 to GT sports , it's that simple.

It's a blurry 720P stream. Direct footage probably looks way cleaner. Visually speaking it looks pretty good right now I think though I've only seen replay footage. No clue how it looks in-game.

Top Bottom