• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

Solal

I'm getting a feeling that you guys weren't around when they announced GT6. Back then, everybody jumped on the sounds, as usual, and Kazunori said he was fully aware of this and that the sounds, by that stage, were just placeholders. He used this word - placeholders - a lot that year.

So, It's an inside joke, as the sounds by themselves, actually.

Oups! Sorry mate. Didn't get the joke.

Nice impressions from the GTPlanet guy. Now, hopefully they just improve the sound and special effects so the "racing" is a bit more exciting.

Still not sure this is for me though. I'm very much a casual fan, and just want to get my license, beat all the events and have a nice garage of pretty cars. I never plan to go online like at all, might have to wait until this is out for a while with some updates maybe or for GT7

Nice impressions from the GTPlanet guy. Now, hopefully they just improve the sound and special effects so the "racing" is a bit more exciting.

Still not sure this is for me though. I'm very much a casual fan, and just want to get my license, beat all the events and have a nice garage of pretty cars. I never plan to go online like at all, might have to wait until this is out for a while with some updates maybe or for GT7

I wouldn't trust them blindly because PD gonna PD eventually, but for what I understood, GT Sport is meant to be accessible to a wide range of skill levels, so childs and adults can enjoy it. Just mind you that seems like it won't have events per se and we know for sure that the game is heavily foccused on eSports and online competitions.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Really I'd almost be fine with no events if they had a competent "build an event" feature.

That makes good sense. If there was a good track and event creator and highly robust sharing and rating system, it would work quite well. Something at least akin to DriveClub's challenges.

I wouldn't trust them blindly because PD gonna PD eventually, but for what I understood, GT Sport is meant to be accessible to a wide range of skill levels, so childs and adults can enjoy it. Just mind you that seems like it won't have events per se and we know for sure that the game is heavily foccused on eSports and online competitions.
Hmm...I don’t want to race online against people though. I always played GT like a Car-RPG. You “level up” by beating the increasingly difficult Licenses, then you get to buy faster and faster cars and tune them up as you gain “experience” or credits in the GT world. And finally, you do the finally endurance race that takes forever to complete lol!

If none of the modes is going to evoke a sense of reward or completion, then yeah, I’m gonna have to wait until it’s updated.

magawolaz

GT Sport Audio Will Be Composed With ‘All New System’

Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed to GTPlanet that there will be an entirely new system of reworked audio in place for the launch of GT Sport.
Speaking of the build shown off to fans in the Copper Box Arena Kazunori stated:

“So the system is completely new. But the sound material is not completely changed to the new material. So I think when you listen to some of the cars now, there are some cars that sound really good, and some cars that don’t.”

GTPlanet’s own Jordan Greer felt that the Ferrari 458 Italia in particular sounded very nice with Yamauchi agreeing. He also pointed out that the Lotus Evora was another example of a car which sounded better under the new sound system being implemented on the road to release.

A little more at the link.

Bullshit, we were told exactly that for GT6, then we were told it'd come in a big enhancement DLC. I'll believe it when I actually hear it.

bud

gtplanet's coverage of this interview is fucking shameful. an entire post with just one quote consisting of three sentences.

Sebmugi

we can consider the fact that the car can make different sounds depending on its condition ..after shock or an off road, the gearbox or other elements could make other sounds .. ???

IKizzLE

we can consider the fact that the car can make different sounds depending on its condition ..after shock or an off road, the gearbox or other elements could make other sounds .. ???
Not a chance. I'm assuming that acceleration sounds will be slightly better but,

Sounds in different conditions
Sounds in tunnels
Aftershock
Turbo
Exhaust
Downshift
The actual metal parts within the car

Will all be 2 generations behind.

Mobius 1

Missed it. Was looking forward to more competitive racing.

edit - You can rewind the stream. That Nürb race was brilliant! The last turns felt as tense the the real 24h Rennen last weekend.

mrjoasD.jpg

New Nurburgring replay angle.

It's worth pointing out that Lamborghini has been added back into the upcoming Vision GT's. When they updated the new page they were initially missing.

Mokubba

What the hell? Has this updated Apex been confirmed for any other territory than Japan?

20160604-gtledt-02_1u7x93.jpg

So Salty.

I think only Asia got Apex for GT6 too but there was an English version so I might have to import.

Gran Turismo Sport Collector’s Edition includes an exclusive miniature model of the Mercedes-AMG GTS and a detailed car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital themselves

This is the description for the CE in Europe but I can't tell if that's Apex or not.

Not that I understood anything, but I think the japanese announcement event was SO much better than what was delivered in London. Car sound didn't seem entirely out of place from the chosen camera angles and the drivers put on a nice show. The tire squeal was annoying, but it needs to be overdone to give feedback to the player, I get that (maybe they could dial it down, in the replays and in spectator mode at least?!??).

But how did everyone got away with too early and too hard acceleration out of corners that lead to fishtailing on the Nordschleife?? Nobody really lost time from that.

nasanu

Banned
But how did everyone got away with too early and too hard acceleration out of corners that lead to fishtailing on the Nordschleife?? Nobody really lost time from that.

Remember what these replays are. They are designed to be broadcast to thousands. The data would be highly optimised and compacted and you can literally see the effects of this. It's like lag, and on top of that they wouldn't be running the full physics model either. Make sure you aren't watching any form of network replay before judging physics.

I played the game today (and got a word with Kaz :) ) the car movement I saw looked great, very natural, especially the spins. The way the cars move the in streams is nothing like it.

Randdalf

Remember what these replays are. They are designed to be broadcast to thousands. The data would be highly optimised and compacted and you can literally see the effects of this. It's like lag, and on top of that they wouldn't be running the full physics model either. Make sure you aren't watching any form of network replay before judging physics.

I played the game today (and got a word with Kaz :) ) the car movement I saw looked great, very natural, especially the spins. The way the cars move the in streams is nothing like it.

I doubt that. Nearly all games implement replays by storing the inputs of the players, and then literally replaying them from an initial game state. As a result, they would be using the full simulation model, as they would be essentially running the game again, just with recorded player inputs instead of real player inputs. They would be "broadcast" to the clients in much the same way as a normal multiplayer game would, except the client is not sending up any inputs to the server.

nasanu

Banned
I doubt that. Nearly all games implement replays by storing the inputs of the players, and then literally replaying them from an initial game state. As a result, they would be using the full simulation model, as they would be essentially running the game again, just with recorded player inputs instead of real player inputs. They would be "broadcast" to the clients in much the same way as a normal multiplayer game would, except the client is not sending up any inputs to the server.

Live replays... lol. A clue you are missing.

And yes, just like normal multiplayer where your opponents are NOT using the normal physics model. This is why cars can fly and do strange things when lag gets bad. In your world how do you explain flying cars, or cars sinking into the track when the full physics model is in use? Aliens?

Top Bottom