• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i could bail out before but they are discussing the ending right now.

It's sad because since the thread was made no story spoilers but now they discuss the ending UNTAGGED and i can't even imagine the outrage some people will have when they just want to see a live stream and BAM get their story spoiled out of the blue.
Luckily I saw the discussion about story spoilers and gameplay spoilers and bailed out as soon as duckroll said it fair game. I don't get how some dont see the difference.

Yawnier

Banned
So I never played any GTA4 dlc, and so I started Lost and Damned last night. Do you think that's a bad idea? I don't want to get burned out two days before GTA5 comes out. Should I just turn it off and wait for 5? HELP.

I tried fooling around in GTA IV (TLAD) today but I just couldn't and I stopped after 20 minutes or so. Its definitely tough to go back to after seeing how GTA V is going to be.

You would have to plow right through it very fast if you want to beat it before Tuesday though, TLAD took me about 7 or 8 hours to complete the main story in IIRC.

Well, breaking bad in a few hours and ill be going right to sleep after. It's really getting tough seeing everybody with their copies so I'm gonna call it quits on ot. Will play some new little kings story vita to tide me over till release. Still gotta decide if ill do midnight launch or not. Stay spoiler free everyone and see you guys on the other side:D

Maybe it's because 2013 has been tremendously busy for me but it seems like from delay to now has flown by.

The fact that we're getting GTA V in roughly a day is bizarre.

Would anyone like to know Setho's impressions? We were talking about it on steam. Non-story/non-gameplay related impressions at that. I know that some of you are very sensitive to it even being in someone else's hands. Needless to say, he has a lot of positivity towards it, more than I would have thought. I could post them. Mods that cool?

hlhbk

Would anyone like to know Setho's impressions? We were talking about it on steam. Non-story/non-gameplay related impressions at that. I know that some of you are very sensitive to it even being in someone else's hands. Needless to say, he has a lot of positivity towards it, more than I would have thought. I could post them. Mods that cool?

If they are non spoiler impressions I don't see the harm? I would love people to post non spoiler impressions about all of the game including the story.

Paskil

1OVXlYO.png

HNNGGGGGG

Heimbeck

Banned
I was half kidding haha, I beat and loved TBOGT when it came out, but tried to go back and finally do TLAD last weekend, and I just couldn't do it. Probably because of GTAV hype though.

Maybe it's too late.

I played through all of them recently and loved them all they all felt great to me, except the cover and shooting was a bit dodgy but everything else was great IMO.

Madness

If they are non spoiler impressions I don't see the harm? I would love people to post non spoiler impressions about all of the game including the story.

"Bans for anyone posting leaked images, links, spoiler text, whatever between now and the 17th." as per Bish.

There is a spoiler thread you know.

SJRB

Gold Member

Sethos' livestream was the best possible outcome for early livestreams, dude was a total gentleman. No story spoilers, much exploration and just checking out stuff. And obscene amount of animal killings and randomly stabbing people in the kidneys.

Made the wait these last few days more bearable. Sethos, if you're reading this, hats off to you good sir.

Prologue

Yes please.

Well I just finished Heat. You guys owe me an hour, because that's how long the movie needed shaved off before I could consider it great. So much unnecessary bullshit, most of it around the whiny wives/girlfriends and for people who are in the movie a whole 5 minutes before they either die or disappear.

I've watched it earlier this year and didn't love it either. Went in with high expectations (Pacino vs. DeNiro? How can it not be awesome?) but came out very disappointed.

Gaz_RB

Non specific impressions are a ok. Same with talking about graphics.

And while I'm on the top of the page: 360 and PS3 versions are almost identical, and run waaaay better than GTAIV. Please don't ask.

BoomBap

Neo Member
Amazon went from stating my package from "Shipping" and then back to "Not yet shipping" DON'T PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS AMAZON!!JEEZ!!

dandoolan

I suspect the handful of us Brits who's Amazon UK copies dispatched on the 14th may be receiving this a day early. Certainly looks that way from my Royal Mail tracking. Already at my local depot.

ieatzombies

Hi all. Really honored to get accepted on gaf. I've been following along in spirit, staying spoiler free and extremely hyped for gta! You all have really been helping calm the tension of this ferocious hype train. Looking forward to kickin it with everyone on gafstreet.

hlhbk

"Bans for anyone posting leaked images, links, spoiler text, whatever between now and the 17th." as per Bish.

There is a spoiler thread you know.

Again my post said I would love to hear impressions that don't include spoilers. Please read my post. Impressions can be written in ways that don't include spoilers.

DukeBobby

Hi all. Really honored to get accepted on gaf. I've been following along in spirit, staying spoiler free and extremely hyped for gta! You all have really been helping calm the tension of this ferocious hype train. Looking forward to kickin it with everyone on gafstreet.

Welcome!

Sethos' livestream was the best possible outcome for early livestreams, dude was a total gentleman. No story spoilers, much exploration and just checking out stuff. And obscene amount of animal killings and randomly stabbing people in the kidneys.

Made the wait these last few days more bearable. Sethos, if you're reading this, hats off to you good sir.

Yes please.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Well, here's his impressions of the 360 version. Literally no story or gameplay related spoilers at all, just more fuel for the hype-train.

Krappadizzle: So now that you've played it quite a bit, what are your overall impressions?
Sethos: I can't stress this enough; Best fucking game I have ever played in my entire life. No hyperbole, no weekend crush, it's batshit insane. It's like a 10/10 TPS in its own right, then you see it has vehicles, then the massive world, then you see it's one of the most beautiful games on consoles, then the distant light thingy / bokeh effect, the RDR weather and atmosphere
Sethos: It's like every single aspect and detail is the best of the best of the best, wrapped into one big ball.
Sethos: I even started to enjoy the driving, EXCEPT quads and bikes.

Krappadizzle: Wow. That's big coming from you.
Sethos: I haven't really played games that much lately but ... Just the sheer number of hours I streamed should tell you have addictive it was.
Sethos: I didn't eat friday because I was so hooked.
Sethos: Can't wait for people to get their hands on it
Sethos: This game deserves 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom