• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

It's out in just over 12 hours but I have an exam so I won't get my hands on it for 26 hours :(

I should get off GAF and study

I'm willing to go that far and I haven't even played the game yet. RDR is so boring to play after you play through it once

I've played through RDR at least 5 times. Undead Nightmare at least 3. I love that game, it's one of my favorite games I've ever played. It's only as boring as you let it be.

Effect

Not sure if PSN charges tax for Pennsylvania. But to answer your second question; yes.

edit: if tax is an issue, you can always pick up a PSN card then buy the game. The purchase of the card is nontaxable.
Thanks

Was thinking of doing that but the cards/codes are sold in either $50 or $20 though. Trying to not have any money left over. Tax isn't really a huge issue but if I can get away with not having to pay it then great.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, my PS3 copy from amazon is 'shipping now' -- too late to change to digital :p Hope I don't end up slapping myself if they announce a PS4 version in January or something. I'm sure it'll happen.

Cheddahz

Banned
I've played through RDR at least 5 times. Undead Nightmare at least 3. I love that game, it's one of my favorite games I've ever played. It's only as boring as you let it be.

The first time I played, which was at launch, I thought the experience was amazing. I recently tried to replay it and it didn't click with me again. I'm not denying that it is a bad game, but I just thought it was one of those experiences that was special the first time around

I ordered a copy of GTAV on the MS Store yesterday and my copy is still in process, should I be worried?

TheContact

Well, my PS3 copy from amazon is 'shipping now' -- too late to change to digital :p Hope I don't end up slapping myself if they announce a PS4 version in January or something. I'm sure it'll happen.

Since you got physical you could always trade in your ps3 version for the ps4 one.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Can't decide, do I have a big sleep when I get home from work in 8hrs and go to the Midnight Launch and pay $109AUD rrp or....

Wait till after work tomorrow and pick it up on the way home and pay $89AUD or....

Use my PSN credit on my UK account to buy when I get home for $75AUD (UK rrp) and risk a very slow download, massive install and have it unlocked when I get home? (not a big fan of buying digitally).

There's pretty much nothing worthwhile left to do once you beat all the main and side missions in RDR. Gta V however, has an immense amount (in comparison) of fully, fleshed out activities that should keep it interesting far longer. Then there's Gta Online. Replaying games over and over is boring as hell.

DukeBobby

anyone have a stream?

JtZNRqL.gif

I want to say that gunplay is different from max Payne 3,its more simplistic and definitely not as fluid and spectacular. Sorry to disappoint some of you.

page3-03aguoz.jpg

That's kinda disappointing. Max Payne 3 has the best shooting of any game this entire goddamn generation. But if it's close, it's acceptable.

The first time I played, which was at launch, I thought the experience was amazing. I recently tried to replay it and it didn't click with me again. I'm not denying that it is a bad game, but I just thought it was one of those experiences that was special the first time around

I ordered a copy of GTAV on the MS Store yesterday and my copy is still in process, should I be worried?

I ordered a copy from MS store a few weeks ago. I got an E-Mail, guaranteeing that I get it on release day. Though, I don't think so, as I live in Hawaii. Just not gonna happen. I also preordered the CE from Gamestop. So I'll go pick up my copy from there and then using the copy that MS will eventually send to play with my wife. If I can convince her to play it online with me that is.

d00d3n

With ideal user conditions (uncapped 100mbit internet) it took me 7 hours to download the game via PSN. Feels weird to have to deal with stuff like this. What is the bottleneck? Sony too cheap to buy appropriate servers and bandwidth for releases like this? PS3 too slow to process fast downloads? And whatever the reason is, the lack of preloading in the us is baffling.

There's pretty much nothing worthwhile left to do once you beat all the main and side missions in RDR. Gta V however, has an immense amount (in comparison) of fully, fleshed out activities that should keep it interesting far longer. Then there's Gta Online. Replaying games over and over is boring as hell.

Hunting was fun. Hunting online was even more fun. Using teamwork so that you could knife a bear or mountain lion was so much fun. There was plenty to do, you just have to use your imagination and creativity to accomplish it.

tumblr_lydp8gedyx1qgjw27o1_r1_500.gif

Krusader

Neo Member
Can't decide, do I have a big sleep when I get home from work in 8hrs and go to the Midnight Launch and pay $109AUD rrp or....

Wait till after work tomorrow and pick it up on the way home and pay $89AUD or....

Use my PSN credit on my UK account to buy when I get home for $75AUD (UK rrp) and risk a very slow download, massive install and have it unlocked when I get home? (not a big fan of buying digitally).

Depends. Were you planning on doing the midnight release already?

I guess it comes down to whether or not you want to save $20/$34 bucks at the cost of time till you can play the game.

Personally, I am picking my copy up at lunch time on Tuesday, Target is being useful and has the game marked at $79. So through price matching and the gift voucher I got for my birthday, I'm only going to pay about $10 through JB hifi for my copy.

Bsigg12

if I pre-order from the microsoft store website right now will I still get it tuesday? anyone know?

only shipping is "free shipping"

You should be good. On the site is says preorder by 9/15 for release day delivery. I ordered it there and got free next day air.

Yeah I noticed that when they released that website.

Lifestalker? Very subtle

*LifeInvader. Though instead of a "Like" or "Follow" the option is "Stalk".

Will walmart have this at midnight? Not sure how much I want to go to a gamestop midnight launch, especially since I heard some people mention they wanted people to line up at 10PM or something.

They should, See if your WM is listed: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51358/gtav-midnight-launch-locator.html

If it's close by you should stop in tomorrow and pick up one of their pre-order cards as people who do are "VIPS" (lol) and get priority for the game and checking out.

Time to be worried would be if it's Tuesday and hasn't shipped yet. ;)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
About to take off from my house to buy a brand new PS3.

If it gets announced for PC or PS4 that's cool. But I've seen some things in the streams and I need this.

About to take off from my house to buy a brand new PS3.

If it gets announced for PC or PS4 that's cool. But I've seen some things in the streams and I need this.

Wait! Don't do it now! There's a GTA V PS3 500GB bundle being released Tuesday for $269.99!

Right, thanks

:)

But I do also miss how Rockstar handled the satire in GTA III and VC, felt the same with the bashing it over our heads direction they took from GTA:SA onward.

Gangxxter

Another complaint I have is the satire. I just wish it was a little more subtle than in your face, "HOHOHO LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE OBVIOUSLY MAKING FUN OF". Just a minor issue, even though the humor is mostly on point.
To be fair, R*'s humor has never been subtle:

Golf.jpg

Mothman91

Didn't even know there were walmarts that weren't open 24/7! But yes, ours are open 24 hours or at least the ones I know of. Will I have to ask them to go into the back or what?

To get the game? Hopefully not, lol. I'm sure you and some people will be there. Most people go to Gamestop but a bit of people will head to Walmart to avoid Gamestop and it's massive line. They usually have boxes of the game behind their desk and just wait for midnight to just give 'em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom