• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

Relax with the hyperbole. Test footage from a game several years away (using a few features of Unreal Engine familiar to professional animators) is a different topic of discussion from products completely produced and playable today. Deniz is doing great work, but they still have to actually make the game...

I mean isn’t it saying something that an AA dev can do that and even in a testing phase and there’s nothing on that level from companies with 100x more money and man power?

CamHostage

I mean isn’t it saying something that an AA dev can do that and even in a testing phase and there’s nothing on that level from companies with 100x more money and man power?

Not really.

You can find all kinds of high-quality animation tests out there, much of it from professional developers; there's also great rundowns and tests of some of the newer animation blending techniques coming into practice. Project Deniz is showing how all of this can be done well, but they're not showing the rest of the world how to do the job.

What's really nice, though, about what Ethanol Games is doing in their Deniz project is smart use of secondary animation with gift movement from the physical representation of for example the hair. Her hair is portraying the action as well as anything the character is personally doing in these animation movements, flying wildly as she runs or turns and throwing hard as she slams into the wall. In conjunction with the well-coordination and exaggerated audio, the character's stress is well portrayed in this animation test.

I like this work a lot, I'm just not lighting up a torch over this to join some rabble against what the pros have been doing in their work.

Last edited:

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
The Matrix Awakens demo, Marvel 1943 and Hellblade 2 say differently. Look at the Marble and Cars demo by Nvidia on a 4090…CGI quality realtime graphics aren’t hard to achieve with nanite and luman like technology…

Also to the second part of your post, This is where new compression methods, tools and bigger hard drives come in. Also the industry higher ups need to stop being greedy. There is plenty of money to fund these projects, it’s the higher ups that don’t want to lose a bonus paycheck.
So a demo, a game we’ve only seen snippets of gameplay from in a trailer (which itself was mostly in engine cut scenes) and a game which has been dramatically downgraded since it’s reveal trailer.

1943 does look great. It will look better than most games because like Hellblade II it’s fairly linear much like The Order. It also wasn’t me being disappointed with it. It was the usual suspects who want real time CGI on a 12tflop graphics chip.

The amusing thing to me is if we could wipe some of their minds for just a moment. Then let them out in the open World stages from FFVII Rebirth (graphics mode of course) and told them it was running on UE5 with Nanite/Lumen I bet they’d believe you. It’s an astonishing looking game and one of a number of current gen games I think are stunning. I’ve sung the praises of Rift Apart, Horizon 2, Returnal, Ragnorok, GT7, Spider-Man 2, AC Valhalla, Plague Tale 2 and Forza Horizon 5 in here before. I more than appreciate what we have even the cross gen games look phenomenal on current gen. Am I a little let down because like the others I thought we’d get closer to lower budget CGI?… sure but my point was I got over it and I’m just enjoying games. The consoles are what they are so until 2028 when PS6 launches we’re stuck with them :p

Last edited:
Not really.

You can find all kinds of high-quality animation tests out there, much of it from professional developers; there's also great rundowns and tests of some of the newer animation blending techniques coming into practice. Project Deniz is showing how all of this can be done well, but they're not showing the rest of the world how to do the job.

What's really nice, though, about what Ethanol Games is doing in their Deniz project is smart use of secondary animation with gift movement from the physical representation of for example the hair. Her hair is portraying the action as well as anything the character is personally doing in these animation movements, flying wildly as she runs or turns and throwing hard as she slams into the wall. In conjunction with the well-coordination and exaggerated audio, the character's stress is well portrayed in this animation test.

I like this work a lot, I'm just not lighting up a torch over this to join some rabble against what the pros have been doing in their work.
I’m genuinely uniformed in this arena so I will defer to you on it. It just seems to me that if a small group can do something like this - an AAAA team should be able to put out a game with similar quality animation. Is the idea that these techniques are only recently coming into use and we’ll be seeing stuff like this in the next few years from the bigger developers?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I’m genuinely uniformed in this arena so I will defer to you on it. It just seems to me that if a small group can do something like this - an AAAA team should be able to put out a game with similar quality animation. Is the idea that these techniques are only recently coming into use and we’ll be seeing stuff like this in the next few years from the bigger developers?
I can promise you rockstar and naughty dog are working this right now. They just don’t tweet about it. Stuff like this is coming but like always animations are prioritized by a handful of studios. Look for the next AC to have some next Gen animations. Their AC teams used to take pride in their animation work.

So far this Gen, we have mostly had devs who don’t care about third person animations. At least the ones creating next Gen only games like Ubisoft massive, respawn, insomniac, Bethesda, capcom and remedy.

Lethal01

I’m genuinely uniformed in this arena so I will defer to you on it. It just seems to me that if a small group can do something like this - an AAAA team should be able to put out a game with similar quality animation.

The point is mostly that ofcourse you are going to see this in a small game/techdemo from a tiny team/dude that is focused on implementing nothing but this system long before you see it in a full game that has to also make a thousand other things and gameplay systems and has to make this work well together with their game design and other tech that may take priority because.

So again no its not super impresssive to see one guy doing it and says nothing about the AAAAAAA devs who choose not to or have not implemented it yet.

Last edited:

CamHostage

I am not a developer, somebody experienced can get into the why's of what's gong in here, but...

This level of blending tech is relatively new, yes. (And sadly you usually can't just upgrade a game mid-production to take advantage of new stuff; it'd be nice if features of a dev tool was plug-and-play, but pro stuff is annoyingly finicky in the middle of progress.) You've seen its evolution over time in Ubi and other products, but animation flow and training is a flourishing territory.

But also, the game still has to be made. Pro developers, they're not meaning to "lie to you" when showing a preview of a game; they can technically do that at a demo level (usually). But game development is fluid, and not everything that works in a demo translates to a final product. Sometimes cutbacks are forced for hardware limitations (which is frustrating when remasters then don't "put back" the demo assets,) but also often the actual gameplay needs to change to be fun. What's looking good in a demo may be bad to control or functional for only certain scenarios.

I wish game development was more linear, so that every preview of a game was a slice of the real game done up to that point, but tech doesn't work out that smoothly. Demos are almost their own thing, often made on the quick with broken tools and a ton of tricks to hide what's not actually there. Bubblegum and duct tape, they say.

The makers of Deniz Project are clearly very skilled (also it's not just the tech doing work here, they are employing smart animation craft as well.) I hope this game turns out great. But lets set a time capsule to continue this conversation: pull this thread up in 2-5 years when the game is out and let me know if you still think it shows up the professional competition out at the same time. We may both be surprised by what it does and does not pull off...

Last edited:

CamHostage

...of course you are going to see this in a small game/techdemo from a tiny team/dude that is focused on implementing nothing but this system long before you see it in a full game that has to also make a thousand other things and gameplay systems and has to make this work well together with their game design and other tech that may take priority because.

Funny thing to me was that even indie/homemade dev makers are a little slow (or careful? busy?) these days.

When UE5 early access came out, that was the first time pretty much everybody got their hands on it; even MS's test pilot team at The Coalition only got UE5 six months beforehand.

So when I saw the headstart indies got, I figured we'd see a ton of quickie game promoted as being made on UE5. I thought we'd see Flappy Birds flying over Matrix City Sample, or Asteroids with Quixel rocks, or MetaHuman Chess or all that shovelware crap, only this time it would be amazingly good-looking crap running on next-gen Unreal.

Didn't happen. There were two minigames in the first months made with UE5 early access (Market of Light and Low Light Combat, showing off Nanite and Lumen respectively,) but then, not much else until recently.

It's like everybody making games wants to make them big potential hits, which is good if you hate shovelware, but it's weird that the bottom didn't really show up.

Even today, how many of us still have never played a UE5 game? Probably some people, given how few even many indie games have used it so far.

Last edited:

xxDeadlockxx

Neo Member
One always has the impression that the most used engine is the Unreal Engine and sometimes one misses seeing more games with other engines that are worth it. I speak obviously leaving aside the proprietary engines that are only used by the companies that have created them.

I know that the Unity engine is very widely used but really, and probably due to my ignorance, I start to think about AA or AAA games with this engine, the truth is that there are not many of them.

Thanks to the Pass I am currently playing Kona 2 and although it is not even an AA, the game is marveling me with its finish. Not that it's anything that will blow your mind by any means, but I find it much better than a large number of games I've played in this generation.

The color and lighting palette helps to achieve "quite photorealistic" moments. And everything related to the climatic effects of snow is the best I have seen. How the grooves are left when walking through it, the footprints, how they are covered again after a while by the falling snow.

SlimySnake

Here we go. UE5.4 performance improvements video. Still watching. Will update the results later but i am very interested to see how their claims of doubling UE5 performance thanks to engine optimizations results in video games and CPU bound demos like the matrix.

• Massive 45% improvement on PC's best CPU 7800x3D going from 5.0 to 5.4.
  • Console CPU (XSX CPU from China) sees a 60% improvement while walking, 80% while flying.
  • Big Upgrades to Reflections and Emissive Lighting in Lumens. Reflections can now display more colors and materials. Emissive lighting has better GI coverage.
  • Shader compilation has improved on PC thanks to the auto UE5 shader compilation feature. But it's still not good enough and devs still need a shader compilation step to iron out the remaining stutters.

I think we all need to stop worrying about UE5 performance going forward. Of course, the GPUs are still not strong enough for 1440p 60 fps, but those sub 20s fps drops while driving in the matrix demo are now gone.

Last edited:

RavionUHD

Some RE4 Remake screen in 4K Ultrawide with DLDSR:

FgKTQEV.jpeg

Bj0qMeD.jpeg

43EWMl7.jpeg

Ju8DlTp.jpeg

TkRqZhI.jpeg

LXIS4nO.jpeg

Game looks great!

Audiophile

I really hope next gen hardware goes balls to the wall with RT acceleration hardware, whatever they gotta do to optimise it for every last drop to get Path Tracing viable in console games, both on the hardware side and the software side. The difference really is considerable and I expect it'd be far greater when implemented from the ground up. It'd be a shame for the industry to still be stuck on basic RT/Raster til ~2036.

Buggy Loop

Here we go. UE5.4 performance improvements video. Still watching. Will update the results later but i am very interested to see how their claims of doubling UE5 performance thanks to engine optimizations results in video games and CPU bound demos like the matrix.

• Console CPU (XSX CPU from China) sees a 60% improvement while walking, 80% while flying.
  • Big Upgrades to Reflections and Emissive Lighting in Lumens. Reflections can now display more colors and materials. Emissive lighting has better GI coverage.
  • Shader compilation has improved on PC thanks to the auto UE5 shader compilation feature. But it's still not good enough and devs still need a shader compilation step to iron out the remaining stutters.

I think we all need to stop worrying about UE5 performance going forward. Of course, the GPUs are still not strong enough for 1440p 60 fps, but those sub 20s fps drops while driving in the matrix demo are now gone.

Just in time so that the games taking advantage of it are ready for next gen consoles :lollipop_neutral:

Lethal01

Yeah, been using the latest version for non work related stuff since they announced it. Solid improvements all around.

Digital foundry reminded me that I was really curious about how the matrix city would look on the RTX DI branch of UE. But I don't wanna dip my toe in that rabbit hole and get distracted

DanielG165

I wound up getting bored with Forbidden West and have shelved it for the time being, and decided to venture back into Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I honestly forgot how good looking this game was, especially in the tombs/caves where you’ve got nothing but RT shadows, the warm lights lighting up different areas like a movie. The outside sections are a bit weaker, but damn this game looks incredible.

I’ll never forget how blown away I was by that first scene with Laura trapped in a tight cavern corridor, and the camera was right zoomed in right up on her face. That looked genuinely near life like at the time.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Very cool RT/reshade mod was done for Forbidden West. It ain't perfect, but starting around 4:10 in the jungle area, WOW! THIS IS HOW POWERFUL AND TRANSFORMATIVE RT SHADOWS CAN BE.
No more if the glowing foliage that plagues HFW and often makes it look extremely dated. Looks closer to that cinematic trailer. I expect this to be fully implemented in the next installment.

GymWolf

Very cool RT/reshade mod was done for Forbidden West. It ain't perfect, but starting around 4:10 in the jungle area, WOW! THIS IS HOW POWERFUL AND TRANSFORMATIVE RT SHADOWS CAN BE.
No more if the glowing foliage that plagues HFW and often makes it look extremely dated. Looks closer to that cinematic trailer. I expect this to be fully implemented in the next installment.

Boy if that shit is transformative do we even have a word in the dictionary to define the pathtracing mod in dogma2? :lollipop_squinting:

GymWolf

I haven't played HFW for a long time but in my memory it looks exactly like that.
I played it on pc recently and even if i can't say that it looks exactly the same, i would not use the word transformative to define that mod, the dogma2 pathtracing mod is transformative.

But tbf, rt shadows are probably the last thing i notice of the whole rt package except the self-shadowing in the face of the ingame characters (but that is not rt i think since days gone had it).

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Ass Creed Shadows to be shown in 2 days. lets fucking go.

What do we think it will look like?
1) Next Gen - Matrix caliber visuals
2) Next Gen-ish - Avatar quality visuals
3) Cross Gen-ish - Horizon FW
4) Last gen trash - GOW ragnorak
I played it on pc recently and even if i can't say that it looks exactly the same, i would not use the word transformative to define that mod, the dogma2 pathtracing mod is transformative.

But tbf, rt shadows are probably the last thing i notice of the whole rt package except the self-shadowing in the face of the ingame characters (but that is not rt i think since days gone had it).
These RT mods are faking it right? i dont think they do much and are just a reshade.

Luipadre

These RT mods are faking it right? i dont think they do much and are just a reshade.
No gameplay until June ubi showcase only CGI cinematics. Im not expecting a huge jump tbh.

Xtib81

I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. When's the last time an AC game pushed the enveloppe visually ? I'd say Unity and that's like a decade ago.. they do make amazing worlds though so it will look good but they're quite inconsistent. I'll go with 2 then, it can't look worse than Avatar so there's that.

GymWolf

I mean we all saw the pics and gifs of dogma2 rt mod and that was a big ass difference, not sure what these mods do tbh.

Gonna be safe and say spider man 2 ish levels of next Gen. I wanna be hyped as I used to be a biiiig fan of the series and there is a precedent for assassins creed games being graphical beasts. But I don’t know. Modern Ubisoft gives me pause.

There does seem to be more of an endeavor to make this game an event though so fingers crossed.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
This is why weak hardware isn’t “Next Gen”. Series S was a horrible idea…
It’s not “weak” hardware though in terms of a $300 console that launched in 2020.

Series S has a great CPU and SSD. The issue was the memory amount. They should not have compromised on the amount to hit that price point. They should have even went to 12GB and added $50 to the MSRP. But even as it is games that run on Series X at dynamic 2160p should be run at dynamic 1440p or 1080p on Series S. The exact same game but at a lower resolution. There are no compromises to the fundamental geometry or World design outside of specific games like BG3 which has a split screen mode with a lot of physics simulations (a game far from the norm). Some games require other downgrades to shadows or texture resolution due to the lower amount of RAM but in general they’re Series X games at lower resolutions. IMO It’s a fine budget console for the price.

Switch 2 games will look very similar to Series S when docked outside of Digital Foundry 400% zoom comparisons mainly due to it leveraging DLSS.

In 2024 you can regularly get a Series S for £200 in the UK. That’s an incredible deal and foot in the door to Game Pass for lower income families / more casual consumers. But it’s not selling and that’s on MS to market it much, much better. I’ve not seen a specific Series S advert ever in the UK be it in print, on a bus, on a billboard or on tv whereas PS5 and Switch are EVERYWHERE. They should be marketing the fuck out of this console mainly because a lot of casuals still find PS5 to be too expensive. “Come buy a £200 Series S and you can play all your favourite PS4 games at better graphics / resolution / frame rate and you will get access to all the Series/PS5 only next gen games and the latest CoD on day one with your included one month Game Pass subscription”.

Not hard is it? The UK still has a soft spot for Xbox due to the 360 CoD days as well as Halo, Gears and Forza being very popular here. Series S price isn’t the issue it’s that most casuals don’t even know it exists or if they do they’re not sure what the fuck it is considering there are other consoles still being sold called Xbox One S. It’s a bit of a Wii U situation lol.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I like the art style from The Invincible, here on PC in 4K Ultrawide with DLDSR, it is simple, but still good looking.
The game is pretty cheap and currently on sale (20 euro), it offers around 6 hours playtime and has a interesting story.
Yesterday I finished Kona 2 and, as I said before, it is a game that for many moments I loved the atmosphere it conveys. It's no wonder, but it certainly sometimes seems like it has a better finish than many games that have at least triple its budget.

Two really good looking games. Smaller games too which proves that you dont necessarily need thousands of devs and hundreds of millions of dollars to get decent graphics.

That said, there are too many screenshots and my page failed to load a couple of times when quoting. so please keep that in mind.

SlimySnake

No gameplay until June ubi showcase only CGI cinematics. Im not expecting a huge jump tbh.
Bummer. Why publishers still do this is beyond me. Gameplay trailers will never live up to CG stuff.
I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. When's the last time an AC game pushed the enveloppe visually ?
Origins. Some of the best looking cities in a game. It came out after Horizon when i was convinced nothing would ever impress me like horizon and it proved me wrong as soon as i got to alexandria. cyrprus and other bigger cities were just as impressive.
Gonna be safe and say spider man 2 ish levels of next Gen. I wanna be hyped as I used to be a biiiig fan of the series and there is a precedent for assassins creed games being graphical beasts. But I don’t know. Modern Ubisoft gives me pause.

There does seem to be more of an endeavor to make this game an event though so fingers crossed.
Keep in mind the rumors suggested a very physics driven game with lots of destruction amidst base building elements. I think if they have bothered to upgrade that aspect of their engine, the visuals will get a boost as well. Also this game has been in dev since 2018 when they shipped Odyssey. The studio has done nothing since. And ubisoft typically puts a thousand or two devs on each game. Insomniac also shipped Spiderman 1 in 2018, but then made Miles, Ratchet, and Spiderman 2 in a span of five years while also working on wolverine. thats 500 devs, working on 4 games in 5 years. AC is at least 1000 devs working on 1 game in 6 years. Even Avatar which had been in dev at massive for 6 years shared some of its 850 devs with star wars. Insomniac just spreads themselves too thin.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
“diMiNishINg ReTUrnS”
There is a large part of the market that would watch the Mario CGI movie then play Mario Odyssey at 4k or Rift Apart on PS5 directly after it and say there's not much difference.

The huge stand out differences are in the details that we notice like the overall quality and precision of lighting along with the shadows and reflections it creates then the way hair and clothing behaves in motion. We have very good character models, large Worlds, decent animation, decent textures and RT when the consoles catch up that can do really good RTGI, RTAO and RT Reflections. Considering developers have to render their scene in 16ms to hit 60fps it's incredible what they achieve (unless you go into real scrutiny) versus the massive computing time and effort that goes into pre rendered CGI.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
How fucked are we with my dude helmet being the new head of playstation on a scale that goes from we are royally fucked to we are definitely fucked??
He's going to greenlight some crazy expensive blockbusters. And maybe push Decima engine on more studios. Kojima will certainly be happy. He was the one who greenlit Physint, so we could get more projects like that from other highly acclaimed studios.

BUT, he will also greenlight more GAAS trash than any other PlayStation guy ever did.

hlm666

starting around 15 mins it's not all roses and sunshine, that is some pretty noticeable image degradation especially the road it looks like the water in ark. I hope it's a bug or something and not cut backs for performance because it looks horrible.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Nintendo has been making Zelda games for what 30 years? Not particularly creative. Their plot is also razor thin but Nintendo has never cared about decent writing. Just rehash what works and put on a new coat of paint.
There is more imagination and creativity in one of Ultra Hands moves than there is in the entire current AAA market combined.

What Nintendo achieved on a 393gflop GPU, a 2012 budget phone CPU and 3gb of slow ass ram is absolutely crazy. An absolutely ginormous World with no obvious loading times full of almost uncountable physics interactions and possibilities. Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are two of the greatest games ever made. Horizon feels completely false and dated in comparison although I did play through both games and enjoy them for what they were (Sony's take on an Ubisoft style open World adventure game same as Ghost of Tsushima which I also enjoyed).

SlimySnake

How fucked are w with my dude helmet being the new head of playstation on a scale that goes from we are royally fucked to we are really royally fucked??
i dont think it will matter much. the devs will continue to make games you like. Naughty Dog straight up rejected his GaaS push. Or maybe it was jimbo's gaas push and Herman let them do whatever they want.

I am not a fan of the guy because he followed Phil Spencer's book when trying to fool PS fans into thinking porting one game like horizon wont open the door to other games or have games become day one releases. While he had greenlit several games behind the scenes. So hes a liar and thus cant be trusted. But Sony studios make a lot of money for these guys making single player games and he seems to have left them alone while going out and making deals with jade raymond, ex-bungie devs, bungie themselves, and other mp studios like helldivers 2 devs to make the gaas trash.

GG, SSM, ND, Insomniac (leaks showed no MP stuff in the pipeline) and Sucker Punch will continue making story driven games that push the bar graphically. Bend making GaaS is an outlier but he did greenlight an uncharted spinoff for them. It was bend themselves who bailed out of after a year and decided to make a GaaS game.

We will see what Bluepoint is working on but if he forces studios like Bluepoint and the Astrobot guys to make gaas trash like concord, marathon and that jade raymond game then yes, its time to worry.

But honestly, id rather have a creative type running Playstation then a fucking used car salesmen we see running these tech and entertainment companies nowadays. Even if hes a suit nowadays, he started off making killzone as a boundry pushing visual tour de force that would rival halo. he could never beat Halo but he at least tried and got the visuals part down eventually. It's guys like the Warner Bros CEO, Bobby Kotick, Phil Spencer, and that EA boss who simply have profits and spreadsheets on their minds who cause issues.

Last edited:

DanielG165

Origins and Odyssey. Both were and still are incredible looking games with some of the best vistas and draw distances in the open world space.
I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. When's the last time an AC game pushed the enveloppe visually ? I'd say Unity and that's like a decade ago.. they do make amazing worlds though so it will look good but they're quite inconsistent. I'll go with 2 then, it can't look worse than Avatar so there's that.

GymWolf

He's going to greenlight some crazy expensive blockbusters. And maybe push Decima engine on more studios. Kojima will certainly be happy. He was the one who greenlit Physint, so we could get more projects like that from other highly acclaimed studios.

BUT, he will also greenlight more GAAS trash than any other PlayStation guy ever did.
Definitely AND royally fucked it is then :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

i dont think it will matter much. the devs will continue to make games you like. Naughty Dog straight up rejected his GaaS push. Or maybe it was jimbo's gaas push and Herman let them do whatever they want.

I am not a fan of the guy because he followed Phil Spencer's book when trying to fool PS fans into thinking porting one game like horizon wont open the door to other games or have games become day one releases. While he had greenlit several games behind the scenes. So hes a liar and thus cant be trusted. But Sony studios make a lot of money for these guys making single player games and he seems to have left them alone while going out and making deals with jade raymond, ex-bungie devs, bungie themselves, and other mp studios like helldivers 2 devs to make the gaas trash.

GG, SSM, ND, Insomniac (leaks showed no MP stuff in the pipeline) and Sucker Punch will continue making story driven games that push the bar graphically. Bend making GaaS is an outlier but he did greenlight an uncharted spinoff for them that was bend themselves bailed out of after a year and decided to make a GaaS game.

We will see what Bluepoint is working on but if he forces studios like Bluepoint and the Astrobot guys to make gaas trash like concord, marathon and that jade raymond game then yes, its time to worry.

But honestly, id rather have a creative type running Playstation then a fucking used car salesmen we see running these tech and entertainment companies nowadays. Even if hes a suit nowadays, he started off making killzone as a boundry pushing visual tour de force that would rival halo. he could never beat Halo but he at least tried and got the visuals part down eventually. It's guys like the Warner Bros CEO, Bobby Kotick, Phil Spencer, and that EA boss who simply have profits and spreadsheets on their minds who cause issues.
Do we even know what is role was in the studio? He was not the writer, i don't think he was in charge of the gameplay so what is he? A game director? A graphic dude? Just the public face of guerrilla?

SlimySnake

Do we even know what is role was in the studio? He was not the writer, i don't think he was in charge of the gameplay so what is he? A game director? A graphic dude? Just the public face of guerrilla?
he was basically the studio head. GG were a nobody before he joined. He greenlit killzone and shellshock vietnam before hiring top tier talent to deliver on the kz2 CG promise. he has always been a big proponent of pushing graphics.

Top Bottom