• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, the UI really does look great, I didn't really look in there during the demo.

And yes, I've got mine preordered :) in terms of console games, I've finished the last guardian (sob) and pretty much just fussing around in FFXV's end game so I'm all clear for GR2! Can't wait, the first definitely has to be one of my most played vita games.

Yep, day one. Anyone seen it for a decent price in the UK? It's £46 on Amazon and i doubt it's gonna be stocked in the supermarkets.

fastmower

Thank you for putting so much effort into this thread. I just finished Gravity Rush Remastered and it was such an excellent game that was full of surprises! The scope and mystery of the world seriously blew my mind. Gravity Rush 2 is such a gift to us.

novabolt

I feel sorry for this game, DOA on lock. Also, with the way games drop in price quickly, I only have to wait two weeks before I can get it for £20.

danmaku

I don't think I will, I have the first game and I think it's quite boring. Great art direction, but everything else is meh. A big problem for me is that everything in the city looks the same, so there's zero incentive to exploring, and the missions are standard stuff. The strenght of the game should be the gravity shifting mechanic but I can't say I found it interesting to play with.

Yep, day one. Anyone seen it for a decent price in the UK? It's £46 on Amazon and i doubt it's gonna be stocked in the supermarkets.

Sadly the pricing has been quite rough in the pre-order period. Definitely won't do the game any favours :( I have mine pre-ordered on shopto for £42, hoping it drops before release, usually get PS4 games around £37 off there, that's what I have Ni-Oh locked in it.

I bought the first one on Ps4 earlier last year and haven't made it very far. I really like most everything about it (music, atmosphere, art, flying) but the mission structure is so boring and terrible that it brings those good elements down a bit for me sadly. Everytime I boot the game I just want to spend my time playing something more fun and engaging.

I hope the sequel is more varied in this aspect.

Jocund

That's a great write-up of GR1/2, Lotus. Really well done. Great image/text synergy too. I already have my copy ordered but if I hadn't, this post would've convinced me.

This game probably will fail at launch but I expect plenty of LTTP's a few months after.

Croash

Finishing GR Remastered tonight. Just went through the frustrating "Fire" sidequest :p

GR2's demo motivated me to play the first one which I've really enjoyed so far even with some unfortunate flaws, so count me in for the sequel!

jett

D-Member
I dunno, found the controls in the demo really awkward

Just looking at videos of the game it looks awkward to play, and the camera seems messy. I've tried liking this game, but I really haven't seen anything appealing about it. Music in the first game is nice though.

2San

No the first one (on PS4) got boring fast. While the core mechanic is interesting and Kat is charming, the game itself is a bore, very repetitive with no real difficulty. I quit halfway through. GR2 looks like more of the same.

Steiner

Banned
In the process of reviewing the game right now. Canceled my pre order when I realized review copy was coming through.

Played about six hours so far. Went back and placed my pre order again. This game deserves my money. That's all I'll say until embargo time is up. Just... Listen to the OP.

YES

The first one was really good, even if a bit unpolished. I feel that the concept was limited by it's hardware, now it can really shine.

I have it pre-ordered. Loved the original on Vita, but I feel a bit more hyped for Resident Evil 7 right now. I'm probably underestimating how much I'll enjoy GR2 once I settle into it and am just so far removed from playing GR1, week 1, that I can't remember how fun it was.

Of course. Me and like, 15 other people. :^)

At the same time, I really hope they wrap it up with this one because I don't think we're getting another. It was extremely dumb to have the entire final act of Gravity Rush 1 filled with sequel bait.

jobrro

Digitally preordered a while back. Got the first game for free* on PS Plus and was eagerly awaiting a sequel for a while. Game should be beautiful on the Pro.

firelogic

I had it pre-ordered but I cancelled it the other day because Yakuza 0 comes out 4 days later. I don't like to buy multiple games so closely together. So I'll pick up GR2 down the line when it gets cheaper.

LotusHD

Banned
Thank you for putting so much effort into this thread. I just finished Gravity Rush Remastered and it was such an excellent game that was full of surprises! The scope and mystery of the world seriously blew my mind. Gravity Rush 2 is such a gift to us.

It truly is, just 13 more days lol

That's a great write-up of GR1/2, Lotus. Really well done. Great image/text synergy too. I already have my copy ordered but if I hadn't, this post would've convinced me.

Haha, thanks.

Plan to. Any good preorder bonuses?

Pre-ordering from Amazon gives you a white version of her default outfit, as well as a digital soundtrack. Not sure what the other retailers do.

First game was one of my most disappointing games of the generation, so I will most likely skip this one.

This one will also drop in price rather quickly.

Tagyhag

I might get it later on, depends on the reviews and looking at some more videos.

I loved the art style of the first but the game did nothing for me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Of course. The original (well, the remaster) is one of my biggest "holy shit, this is good" revelations in the last few years. Can't wait to get back into that world.

I got it pre-ordered on Amazon and I'm really excited to play the game. The only thing I found wierd is the lack of a Collectors Edition.

D-Man

Got both this and Yakuza 0 preordered and ready to go. I can't wait to see where the story goes after GR1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom