• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had it on pre order but cancelled a few days ago, I still have yet to finish GR1 and doubt I will before this game releases. I still have Yakuza 0 on pre order, ironically I'd rather play the START of something new :(

I do own GR1 digitally, even bought it when it went on sale (didn't it go on PS+ recently too?) and played a few hours and it seems fun but wasn't the kind of game that really demanded I finish ASAP, just kinda felt... nice, but nothing amazing.

LotusHD

Banned
I got it pre-ordered on Amazon and I'm really excited to play the game. The only thing I found wierd is the lack of a Collectors Edition.

That is pretty weird. Shame, it's the one of the few Collectors Edition I'd be interested in depending on what it was, and I literally never buy such things lol

I really enjoyed the first game at launch though after sitting on it for 1-4 years I wasn't so keen on it being as good as I felt it was back when it had the position of being Vita's most exciting and fresh exclusive title.

I'll definitely pick up Gravity Rush 2 but I'm not all that keen on getting it at launch, and the way the prices of The Last Guardian, Dead Rising 4 and Tearway fell pretty quickly after launch suggests I should wait a couple of weeks...

Just looking at videos of the game it looks awkward to play, and the camera seems messy. I've tried liking this game, but I really haven't seen anything appealing about it. Music in the first game is nice though.

Superplay videos of the first game show how to actually play it. The game doesn't explain everything you can do with the controls so most people just point and gravity kick their way through.

Lucent

Eventually. Kinda wanna support it Day 1 but I have too much to play.

My situation. So I'm limiting myself to one must play title a month. Getting RE7 this month. Next is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Not sure on March. Then Persona 5.

For the record, I'm not getting Yakuza on day 1 either. I hate not supporting games and feeling like part of the problem on why all we get is shooters and stuff, but I just hope enough people can carry my weight. Lol

pswii60

First game is less than a tenner on PSN now (UK).

I'm not paying full price (sorry) but I'll definitely buy the sequel (not sorry). When it hits £20-30.

Already preordered and payed off! 48 bucks on Amazon! The first game was a huge surprise for me on the Vita and I loved every second of it. Oddly enough I bought the Remastered version on the PS4 but I haven't gotten around to play the game yet!

Either way 2 is already in the bag. Can't wait. Also Kat is best cat. And girl.

Producer

Later in the year when its like $10

combat doesnt seem all that improved but ive only played the first fight from the demo

Sadly the pricing has been quite rough in the pre-order period. Definitely won't do the game any favours :( I have mine pre-ordered on shopto for £42, hoping it drops before release, usually get PS4 games around £37 off there, that's what I have Ni-Oh locked in it.

Yeah everywhere i've seen it's been around 45. Oh well, still getting it.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I will eventually. I played the demo and the game is very beautiful and I love the art style, but the controls are so awkward.

ianpm31

I really enjoyed the first game at launch though after sitting on it for 1-4 years I wasn't so keen on it being as good as I felt it was back when it had the position of being Vita's most exciting and fresh exclusive title.

I'll definitely pick up Gravity Rush 2 but I'm not all that keen on getting it at launch, and the way the prices of The Last Guardian, Dead Rising 4 and Tearway fell pretty quickly after launch suggests I should wait a couple of weeks...

Sometimes it's good to support games like this at full price. A few ppl on here calling it DOA because it's niche. Well if that's the case then all niche franchises are mostly DOA and how are we suppose to show the publishers this is what he want more of if people won't buy it until it bombs?

LotusHD

Banned
My situation. So I'm limiting myself to one must play title a month. Getting RE7 this month. Next is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Not sure on March. Then Persona 5.

For the record, I'm not getting Yakuza on day 1 either. I hate not supporting games and feeling like part of the problem on why all we get is shooters and stuff, but I just hope enough people can carry my weight. Lol

Yea I feel like, it kinda sucks when so many games you're interested in are coming out one after another. But if you look at it from another perspective, while you're busying playing the games you want the most, before long the other games begin to drop in price, thereby saving you money in the long-term. So what I'm saying is....
Gravity Rush 2 should be your March game ;D

Already preordered and payed off! 48 bucks on Amazon! The first game was a huge surprise for me on the Vita and I loved every second of it. Oddly enough I bought the Remastered version on the PS4 but I haven't gotten around to play the game yet!

Either way 2 is already in the bag. Can't wait. Also Kat is best cat. And girl.

Got mine for $40 myself, quite excited

farisr

I intend to buy it if I like Remastered (which is sitting on my shelf, along with 5 other games waiting to be played).

Clipse

GR: Remastered is still in my backlog. Hopefully this will be on sale whenever I get around to finishing the first game.

LotusHD

Banned

wapplew

First game (hell, very like second game too) have a lot of flaws, but when it shine, it shine the brightest.
11 days!

No. The demo feels so much more sluggish than the remaster of GR1, since the frame rate is half of its predecessor when nothing is going on. It plays like ass during the big combat segments due to the slowdown.

Shoeless

I'm getting the game digitally on day one, though I haven't put in the pre-order yet. I'll do that a few days from release when the pre-load has kicked in. Not much point in pre-ordering before that.

Wingus

Eventually, but not day 1 and when it's cheaper.

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, Tales of Berseria and Yakuza 0 are much higher priority games this month for me.

DarkestHour

Banned
All that color in the game made them have to put it at 30 fps.

Yes it does lol

Did you try turning off the motion controls? Or was it just an issue all around?

No. The demo feels so much more sluggish than the remaster of GR1, since the frame rate is half of its predecessor when nothing is going on. It plays like ass during the big combat segments due to the slowdown.

Yikes. I was hoping it was just a bad Youtubr vid that made it seem this way. Will pass unless it is on a real good sale. Ill still try the demo as I may enjoy it enough to forgive the low frame rate.

Sometimes it's good to support games like this at full price. A few ppl on here calling it DOA because it's niche. Well if that's the case then all niche franchises are mostly DOA and how are we suppose to show the publishers this is what he want more of if people won't buy it until it bombs?

Of course it is, but if I had the choice of paying half the price after two weeks I'm going to take it up. And since it's published by a large publisher I'm less willing to buy it early just to support it.

The exception is if I can get it for a price I pay for other "niche" first party games at launch - I got Pokken Tournament, TMS: FE and Paper Mario Color Splash for under £35 each. And I know those games aren't going to fall in value - all three of them have actually retained their value since launch.

Gravity Rush is currently £46 -- even at indie retailers -- so I won't be pre-ordering it to receive on launch day. I think in the case of those Wii U first party exclusives Nintendo realised the games weren't going to sale at full price, so the wholesale price was significantly less than what Sony wants for Gravity Rush 2. I haven't paid over £35 for a Wii U game in ages, or £30 for a 3DS/Vita game.

LotusHD

Banned
Yikes. I was hoping it was just a bad Youtubr vid that made it seem this way. Will pass unless it is on a real good sale. Ill still try the demo as I may enjoy it enough to forgive the low frame rate.

Well the demo is from an old E3 build, and they said they've improved considerably since then. But yea, try out the demo, then wait for reviews before making a final decision.

Ennosuke

It was the first vita game I played and it was fantastic :) Of course I will buy the second game on release day.

Weiss

Banned
Day 1, probably.

Ideally I want to but I don't know if I have the money to spend 90$ on a game right now.

solarus

The first game played terribly, was boring and had nothing going for it besides the art style and the people behind it.

Ninjimbo

After playing the demo, I don't think so. Maybe at a budget price. I expected something much faster than I originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom