• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimes - Art Angels |OT| Out now! Welcome to REALiTi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Visions is alright, but only 2 or 3 tracks are really much good.

That said I am super excited for the new one. Everything sounds stellar so far.

Futureman

I kinda don't get the Halfaxa love on here. It's a little too sleepy/dreamy/atmospheric for me. No real strong standout tracks IMO. I LOVE Geidi Primes though. The songs on Geidi are mostly fun, catchy but still have the weird Grimes vibe to them. Visions is my favorite though... for people that only like 2-3 songs, that was me as well, but give it a few more listens and it grows.

Dascu

just 3 days!!! I'm beyond anxious and excited. To think we know literally nothing and heard nothing of 7 of the tracks....

Check out this great live vid of Kill V Maim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdxJBoFkvh8&feature=player_embedded
Loving this.

I kinda don't get the Halfaxa love on here. It's a little too sleepy/dreamy/atmospheric for me. No real strong standout tracks IMO. I LOVE Geidi Primes though. The songs on Geidi are mostly fun, catchy but still have the weird Grimes vibe to them. Visions is my favorite though... for people that only like 2-3 songs, that was me as well, but give it a few more listens and it grows.
Same, though I really enjoy Devon and Dream Fortress from Halfaxa.

Blader

Anyone know if she's touring with an opener? Really want to see her when she comes to Boston, but I have tickets for another show that same night too -- might be able to run from one to the other if she starts early enough. :lol

Anyone know if she's touring with an opener? Really want to see her when she comes to Boston, but I have tickets for another show that same night too -- might be able to run from one to the other if she starts early enough. :lol

Yeah, Nicole Dollanganger. Singer-songwriter type stuff from left field. She's Grimes' protégé in a way, the first signed artist on her label/collective called Eerie Organization. I skipped her too, but her bandcamp stuff sounds alright.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Listening now.

Laughing and not being normal - Thumbs up
California - Thumb Up
Scream - Thumbs Down
Flesh Without Blood - Thumbs Up
Belly of The Beat - Thumb Middle
Kill V. Main - Thumbs Up
Artangels - Thumbs Up
Easily - Thumbs Up
Pin - Thumb Up
Realiti - Not sure how I feel about the change yet. Gotta let it sink a bit more.
World Princess II - Thumb Middle
Venus Fly - Thumb Up
Life is a Vivid Dream - Thumb up
Butterfly - Thumb up.

I really enjoyed it.

zaryn

Thanks to this thread I've become obsessed with Grimes. Bought Visions and have it on constant repeat, and just preordered Art Angels. I will remain steadfast, and not listen to any leaks.

Slightly off-topic, but are there any other artists like Grimes I should also give a listen?

Partition

Banned
Slightly off-topic, but are there any other artists like Grimes I should also give a listen?

no one is really similar, but Crystal Castles, FKA Twigs, some of the earlier Bjork stuff comes to mind (I'm talking pre-Art Angels only >.>)

Thanks to this thread I've become obsessed with Grimes. Bought Visions and have it on constant repeat, and just preordered Art Angels. I will remain steadfast, and not listen to any leaks.

The first Purity Ring album is in the same realm, and then you have their 2nd album and Chvrches, which don't compare.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Man this is just a bad album. The sophomore slump is very real and very ugly. Yeesh.

I expected more, but instead I got a bunch of garbage.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Gettin chills a little bit listening to KvM. Might be my favorite song of the year. I don't think I want to listen to the rest of this leak tho, this audio quality is dumpster fire tier. This should not have even been released to the world. It's only 2 more days. Whoever uploaded this is actually a bad person IMO.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yes, lash her fourth album that leaked a few hours ago
I've already listened to it twice on the way to work. I definitely don't need to live with this one to see the artistic merit to it.

There isn't any. A shame Since Visions is a great record. This is just... Banal and uninspired.

FartOfWar

Banned
fall-off-bike-o.gif

Vitanimus

I've already listened to it twice on the way to work. I definitely don't need to live with this one to see the artistic merit to it.

There isn't any. A shame Since Visions is a great record. This is just... Banal and uninspired.

a mess, you're the type of fan that inspired flesh without blood

Sai-kun

Banned
omfgggggggggg

VENUSF LLY

enD ME QUEEN

i was bopping and dancing in my chair holy shittttt song of the fucking year

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pre ordered. Fuck it. I'm sold on the 3 songs I've heard and all these alleged "Grimes fans" turncoating on this shit is pushing my hype meter thru the roof.

Sucker was amazing btw, and I definitely get that vibe off FwB and KvM for sure.

Fjordson

It's alright I guess. Need to listen to it a few more times, but I don't like it nearly as much as Visions so far.

LiQuid!

I keep talking myself out of listening to the whole leak but I'm still listening to Kill V Maim and the new version of Realiti on repeat like all damn day even tho the audio quality on these files is crushing my soul.

I accidentally caught the first ten seconds of World Princess pt II and almost cried a little. This album is going to be my jam so bad.

People calling it generic pop really haven't heard a generic pop song in a long time

Pretty much. This album is along the same lines as Sucker and My Night, My Time. Unique pop albums that don't follow the typical generic pop formula.

This album slays. If this is what she's known for "selling out" then I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom