• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport will likely not feature traditional offline events

I could put up with the other things but if true I'm out. I have no interest in playing racing games online so there'd be nothing to really grip me.

xzeldax3

So this is going to be like the PSP game? The lack of a campaign mode really killed my motivation to keep playing. Doing arcade over and over gets boring quick.

What a disaster. I wonder where the dev time went.

By the time a game ships or even enters beta it's too late to say anything. I bet you also come to threads and tell people why whining about microtransactions is useless since they didn't do it before.

Wouldn't bet too much on that.

Also: people complain about microtransactions when they find out for sure that they're going to be in the game.

This is complaining about something we don't even know will be in the game or not, or what it will be replaced with.

HolySheep

Neo Member
Why would anyone pay 60 dollars for this? its seems like a prologue in disguise. Its like one step forward and a 100 steps back.

tioslash

lol Seems each time i browse the forum a new thread pops up saying "GT Sport won´t feature this". Hopefully it still features some cars and tracks.

GHG

Imagine if the servers are fucked up at launch...

You know they will be with them not doing a beta or anything.

HolySheep

Neo Member
I love gran turismo. But this just bullshit. What hell is going on in Sony japan studios? They spend this long with nothing to show for it? Their efficiency is dire.

Nabbis

This is complaining about something we don't even know will be in the game or not, or what it will be replaced with.

So? Since companies like to market their games as the second coming of Jesus then we consumers might as well call them out if there is something we don't like or don't have information about. There's zero reason from a consumers point of view to give a crap about anything aside from the product currently missing features that some of us want anyway.

Caayn

lol Seems each time i browse the forum a new thread pops up saying "GT Sport won´t feature this". Hopefully it still features some cars and tracks.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the game contains more photomode locations than actual tracks to race on.

Harmen

Man, this is most certainly not the GT game I was hoping for. After 5 and 6 I really hoped we would get a well-polished, full featured GT7. The series needs that big time I feel. But this? I have major doubts about this one. Let's hope it is fully VR compatible at least.

Kolx

I love gran turismo. But this just bullshit. What hell is going on in Sony japan studios? They spend this long with nothing to show for it? Their efficiency is dire.

Sony Japan is releasing TLG & GR2 plus helping with tons of other projects. It's just PD that are jokes. I believe this will be the last game where they can fuck around because sales are going to be AWFUL and Sony will be forced to step in and fix this shit.

Which makes me wonder what to expect in the way of improvements to the AI.

Gotta admit, that problem mostly goes away when you focus on the multiplayer.

You know they will be with them not doing a beta or anything.
Did that news ever get a thread? Are we going to have a trifecta here? ;p

Not having a beta sounds like a very bad idea.

Was anything officially stated about canceling the beta? Reasons why, maybe? Or was it just "nope"?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Cherry on top for those that would say this isn't GT7 so it's excusable.

“Thinking about it now, yeah, we could have called it Gran Turismo 7. But it’s got so many features, we wanted it to be different.” -Kaz

DavidDesu

At least all the AI you will be racing against will be actual real people.

Real people who mostly like to push you off the track, drive the wrong way round the track for lolz (seriously those are pretty lame lolz guys) or who are otherwise awful and a few people who drive like fucking robots that you can never beat. Yay.

I love GT of old. It had it's issues that we all wanted fixed but in every way PD are managing to "fix" these issues by either working around them or just nuking them from orbit. This game working well in VR is the only reason I'll be buying it. If that turns out to be another white elephant then they can go fuck themselves.

I'll wait for the people who make Assetto Corsa to bring out three games refining their experience before GT7 finally lands on PS5!

HolySheep

Neo Member
Sony Japan is releasing TLG & GR2 plus helping with tons of other projects. It's just PD that are jokes. I believe this will be the last game where they can fuck around because sales are going to be AWFUL and Sony will be forced to step in and fix this shit.

Yeah could be that they're occupied with helping other studioes. TLG is not the greatest example though. It's been in development since 2007( will probably be amazing though).

Hopefully PD will get their shit together. I will skip on this. The reveal has removed my hype and need for this gamy

HolySheep

Neo Member

“Thinking about it now, yeah, we could have called it Gran Turismo 7. But it’s got so many features, we wanted it to be different.” -Kaz

They will sink their brand if Gran turismo 7 is as gimped as this version. I am predicting really bad reviews. Removing features in gran turismo, will not go well with reviewers.

Jal

397LJim.jpg

The monthly online events weren't all against other players in previous GTs were they?

Did that news ever get a thread? Are we going to have a trifecta here? ;p

Not having a beta sounds like a very bad idea.

Was anything officially stated about canceling the beta? Reasons why, maybe? Or was it just "nope"?

Kaz said they weren't able to deliver the game on time with a beta inbetween,

Guymelef

GT Sport sound like a great combination of the most cancerigenous things in gaming today.
Game as service, eSports, etc...

It's disappointing news for me. Never liked racing games in general but I was somewhat interested in this game. But long time GT fans will like it nonthaless.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I don't care about playing offline, but this title seems more and more disappointing the more I learn about. Quick cash grab like GT5 Prologue. wth is PD doing? They used to be one of the good once, now they take years and years and the output isn't nearly as impressive as it should be. Seriously, fuck.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Is this real? What features are they talking about?

Raylan

Banned
I seriously don't know what the hell they're doing anymore.

They had ~2 1/2 years time to create something. And all we got is a 'GT Light' that looks like Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) remastered, without dynamic time or weather and without traditional offline events. Less cars, too.

What did K. Yamauchi do in the last 2 1/2 years? Looking at reallife cars and racing reallife races? Is that it?

If Sony gave the GT6 material to Bluepoint, we would get a GT6 Remaster with more cars + the same graphics GTS has (maybe even better). And a lot sooner, too.

Yep, Polyphony Digital lost it. Time to reboot the studio too (or replace Yamauchi with a new studio head). Dude doesn't know what the F### he's doing anymore.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
The value proposition of this game is ridiculous. There is no reason to get this game. Seriously, what does it offer that the competition doesn't do better?

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Campaign Mode:
Used to be called GT Mode.
This mode is split into 4 different sections ...
Beginners School
Circuit Experience
Mission Challenge
Racing Etiquette

10 events in beginner school
35 events circuit experience learn how to drive and master the tracks
62 events challenge (traditional single player GT experience )
10 events Racing etiquette

GT Sport PS4 gameplay - Everything You Need To Know
https://youtu.be/IxXBdVwiRaE?t=4m25s

Top Bottom