• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT6 have much less prize cars .. microtransactions effect ?

That bonus isn't worth $150.

This is how they get you though, making something that's a decent pre-order bonus seem exceptional. $150 value!

With as many cars as they have, that "$150 value" is just a drop in the bucket; an enticement that leads to more people buying the game; an enticement that leads to more potential purchases of microtransactions.

I also cancelled my pre-order. Played the shit out of GT5 for about 5 months; last stopped playing late winter/early Spring 2011 after my PS3 fried from doing too much B-Spec lol.

I want the series to do well, I just hope the people buying the game are avoiding these MTs. I already know of a bunch of people spending money in Forza and NBA2K. I don't know anyone in my group of friends who bought GT6 though. We'll see what happens with GT7.

You miss the point. If they were trying to bilk gamers out of their cash by forcing MT, they wouldn't have given away so many valuable cars. IMO, the uber expensive cars in GT6 are still not worth getting either through hard work or paying money. They are the classics and they are still outperformed by cheaper and newer vehicles.

I have GT6. I am not going to purchase any MT. But at the same token. I don't need to. I play to win and advance, and so far that has given me a healthy stable of cars and I haven't really had to pay for any vehicles outside of the prius, the 86 and a kart or two. Even after purchasing my fave vehicle the GTR, I have like 400k worth of credits and I haven't started on the national A yet. Keep in mind though I completed EVERYTHING in the earlier classes and all the goodwill races I was invited to. Gold in all of them.

Jezbollah

So excluding OP's B-Spec cars (which will be patched into GT6 at a later date from what I read) his list has 60 GT5 cars vs WarMacheen's list of 46.

Why shouldn't he have included B Spec? It is a normal mode of the game in 5. Just because it will be integrated in 6 doesn't mean it didn't give those prize cars in 5. Perfectly valid to include it.

How is it valid? It inflates the GT5 number where GT6's can't be raised because it isn't going to separate the different Spec's.

Also many on GTplanet have complained that GT6 has fewer events overall than GT5, which is another big factor in why there aren't as many prize cars.

That bonus isn't worth $150.

This is how they get you though, making something that's a decent pre-order bonus seem exceptional. $150 value!

With as many cars as they have, that "$150 value" is just a drop in the bucket; an enticement that leads to more people buying the game; an enticement that leads to more potential purchases of microtransactions.

I also cancelled my pre-order. Played the shit out of GT5 for about 5 months; last stopped playing late winter/early Spring 2011 after my PS3 fried from doing too much B-Spec lol.

I want the series to do well, I just hope the people buying the game are avoiding these MTs. I already know of a bunch of people spending money in Forza and NBA2K. I don't know anyone in my group of friends who bought GT6 though. We'll see what happens with GT7.

Is it "worth" $150? No, of course not. But if they were really trying to sell microtransactions, they wouldn't give out that many cars worth that many credits as a preorder bonus.

Not to mention, while there are 1,200 cars in GT6, nobody needs to own them all, that's just ridiculous. I don't need to own 20 different GT-Rs, the one that came with the Gamestop preorder is enough. Nor do I feel the need to own a majority of the cars available in the game. My parents drive a Pontiac Vibe, I don't want to own that in GT6.

Why shouldn't he have included B Spec? It is a normal mode of the game in 5. Just because it will be integrated in 6 doesn't mean it didn't give those prize cars in 5. Perfectly valid to include it.

Because it will probably include prize cars when it is integrated into GT6 soon?

Dead Man

How is it valid? It inflates the GT5 number where GT6's can't be raised because it isn't going to separate the different Spec's.

Also many on GTplanet have complained that GT6 has fewer events overall than GT5, which is another big factor in why there aren't as many prize cars.

So say that. Say this is why it has less prize cars. Not 'You shouldn't include those because it's not fair'. If there is another reason that is not micro transactions, present it and let people decide. The total number of prize cars being fewer is not in dispute, what is in question is the reason for that. If it is due to game design factors not influenced by financial considerations, explain that, don't pretend there is no shortfall,

I haven't had any issues with the grind, the race/licence structure or prize money totals in GT6. It was worse in GT5 IMO. Microtransactions don't really matter in GT6 at the moment because of the Vision GT exploit.

I do think that the prices are 50% too steep for the amount of credits they give you.

Dead Man

Because it will probably include prize cars when it is integrated into GT6 soon?

Probably not since apparently the system is back to how it was in 4. No separate B Spec events and you can switch in any race at any time. How it should have been all along.

They may provide them for doing a race all in B Spec, but I don't think there will be specific B Spec only races/events.

ItIsOkBro

What we need for this discussion to be useful is how many events per series in GT6.

In GT5 there were 9 events in each series and 6 series. You get 1 car for getting gold in each and another for getting gold in all, for 10 cars per series.
54 event totals 60 prize cars vs. GT6 ??? events totals 12 prize cars

In GT5 you get a car for bronze, silver, and gold for each license class. In GT6 it's only bronze and gold. Also, GT5 had an additional IC class license.
6 classes totals 18 prize cars vs. GT6 5 classes totals 10 prize cars

So excluding OP's B-Spec cars (which will be patched into GT6 at a later date from what I read) his list has 60 GT5 cars vs WarMacheen's list of 46.

He doesn't have a list of 46 cars. It is more like 31.

The goodwood race events are 1-5. You only win 1 car after you get golds in every time trail within the events. The other cars he mentions are the cars you need to get golds in.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Problem isn't that they give out less cars, the problem is that if you pay 60$ you shouldn't have to have this bullshit in the back of your mind.

Solal

We are at 60 against 31 give or take. But manby of GT6's cars require you to get gold...which means a lot of retrys... and a lot of failure. So not only are there twice less cars, but they are also harder to get (GT5 gave you cars even if you got bronze medal iirc)

Plus, GT5 gave you 50 cars at the start in arcade mode. Whereas GT6 gives you only 20: 2,5 times less.

Plus, no give/exchange cars anymore: so the only way of getting a car is to buy it.

I see a pattern here.

PS: And i don't see why we should not include B-spec btw... this was a way of winning cars in GT5. Why wouldn't it count? But anyway. Even without B-spec, i don't see how anyone could say that GT6 is more generous than GT5. As many did.

GTA isn't loaded with microtransactions like this game is.

1380632111278nq81.jpg

OPs list is a failure. There are way more free cars than that. Come back when you have actual facts.

GT6 is superior to GT5 in every way. Can't see how people who have actually played it can say otherwise, unless they have an agenda.

sublimit

Banned
Glad i haven't bought the game yet (first main GT that i haven't bought on day 1).There were some confirmations near release that nothing has changed from GT5's car progression but it appears my fears came true.It seems they have changed quite a lot (even without including B-spec from GT5) pushing people towards MT shit.

For your list, that includes side missions and special events. 31 cars to be won.
Op's list includes only A spec. 60 cars to be won. After you add in events and the fact that you receive gift cars for even hitting a certain amount of cars in your garage that is more than twice the cars you can receive. And that is before even talking about B spec.

Thank you for clarifying this,lots of defence force bullshit in this thread.

Gran Turismo needs to go back to the GT3 model. Tournaments and 4 prize cars per tournament that is repeatable with repeatable prize money.

GT5 pissed me off in that regard. It took those away.

turnbuckle

Wait, no B-Spec specific races? I loved using that mode to get cars and eventually to just get money while doing something else.

We're not including it because it's not a part of the game? That's silly.

I already thought the grind in GT5 was too much, but the prize cars and gifting really helped things out early on. Then B-Spec made the grind more manageable, especially for those super endurance races. Could just "set it and forget it" for several hours at a time and make bank.

--

I see that b-spec is getting added later. If you're able to get prize cars for that then it's not as bad as this thread made me believe. We'll see. Hate the moving targets, like you can't be critical of a game's design because sometime in the future things will get better. I remember one of the things in GT5 was waiting for game fixing patches. It wasn't fun. Driving was fun, unlocking things were fun. Tuning was fun. Waiting for promises of the future, not so much.

GT5 releases. Fans complain that the game gifts you too many cars.

GT6 releases. Fans complain that the game doesn't gift you enough cars.

Gamers.

Ploid 3.0

It seems like some reaching is going on.

Edit: On GTA not having microtransactions like this game, Rockstar went out of their way to nerf the rewards for missions so much that doing them over was a ton of wasted time. After about 3 patches the nerfed them globally so that you only got normal pay out the first time you did the mission or something. Then people went ahead and took advantage of that los santos customs glitch. I have no idea how the game is doing today but it's the worst f2p game I have played, and I played a ton of them on PC. Neverwinter is the closest but the grind isn't as bad as GTAO and I actually enjoyed leveling up in NWO.

turnbuckle

GT5 releases. Fans complain that the game gifts you too many cars.

GT6 releases. Fans complain that the game doesn't gift you enough cars.

Gamers.

Umm...different gamers then.

I can assure you most of the people complaining about one wasn't complaining about the other.

You're a gamer, right? Should the varied opinions of every single gamer be attributed to you?

Gamers say Xbox 360 is better than PS3

Gamers say PS4 is better than Xbox 1

gamers...how inconsistent of them....

I see that b-spec is getting added later. If you're able to get prize cars for that then it's not as bad as this thread made me believe. We'll see. Hate the moving targets, like you can't be critical of a game's design because sometime in the future things will get better. I remember one of the things in GT5 was waiting for game fixing patches. It wasn't fun. Driving was fun, unlocking things were fun. Tuning was fun. Waiting for promises of the future, not so much.

From an optimistic viewpoint, this is a good thing. PD is listening and will fix problems with the game. GT5 kept improving, it's likely GT6 will as well. It's far better than the alternative we often see with developers who crap out a rushed project and then never look back at it after release.

It feels like I've been able to get enough money doing the campaign to buy the cars I want to drive and also make progression easily. Also, there is no obnoxious prompts or messages that harass you or tell you that there are micro transactions in the game.
Yes to me this is the most important thing, I felt constantly harassed in Forza Horizon. In GT6 you'd never even know you could buy in game money unless you went to the GT store or whatever it's called, which is completely separate from where you go to buy cars.

otapnam

Other than the honda fit, brz and prius you afe required to buy I've only had to get one extra car, the bmw 507 because I wanted it for the classics race immediately. Im into national A now and have progresses with all the gifted cars, not really seeing the issue unless u really don't have the patience to go through the game

nib95

Banned
OP's list is wrong, but it's still definitely less. Hopefully the credit glitch doesn't get patched out, and then everyone stays happy. But fuck micro transactions and the negative effects they have on game design.

Waaghals

This is the problem with microtransactions; they will always affect gameplay.

GT6 is a well paced game and I enjoy it a lot.
However, it is obvious that they are giving away far fewer cars, even though the prize money remains the same.

I think that GT6 is a far better game than 5, but you can be certain that it was ever so slightly changed to facilitate the use of real money.
Probably not a lot, and probably with some internal resistance,
but it was still changed.

As this trend progresses we will see far fewer games that throws new content at the player. It is more lucrative to make the content slightly harder to access.
These games will still be good, but very slightly compromised compared to earlier games designs.

Doubt that. We'll see when the NPD drops, but I'm sure there will be many PS3/360 versions of games. People are still buying games for last gen systems, just not those with this microtransaction bullshit

It's clear that you haven't played Gran Turismo 6 and whilst you're basing some of your comments on the inaccurate OP, you're wrong! Why do you seem to hate it so much. GTA has the exact same micro transactions as GT6.

hamchan

OP's list is wrong, but it's still definitely less. Hopefully the credit glitch doesn't get patched out, and then everyone stays happy. But fuck micro transactions and the negative effects they have on game design.

Isn't it impossible to patch out?

They're giving away plenty of cars, and much faster than in GT5, in my experience. Not in the least because the goodwood festival gives out 5 for 15 races that average about 1 minute per run (how long it takes you to get gold may very), and the licence tests are far fewer events as well.

I won 22 cars since I started on Saturday and have probably about 8 hours of actual driving behind me and 36% of the game. I stupidly spent 150.000 on a car I didn't actually need (for an online race) and some upgrades, but still have about 1 million now and 153 or so stars.

There are a lot of shortcuts to getting the cars faster, and this is also the best way of going about it if you want credits fast (and don't want to use the merc glitch).

General rule for each section:
- earn enough stars to unlock licence test and missions (generally about 20 stars, which means about 7 races out of the very many more that you'd have to do to get all)
- earn gold in licence test and mission
- earn gold in the goodwood festival

You can use those cars to complete the other events, and these then win you more cars and unlock more goodwood events. I haven't had to buy a single car yet for the offline racing.

Solal

It's clear that you haven't played Gran Turismo 6 and whilst you're basing some of your comments on the inaccurate OP, you're wrong! Why do you seem to hate it so much. GTA has the exact same micro transactions as GT6.

I suggest you bring a correct list in the discussion, or even some facts. because right now, saying the OP is inaccurate is one thing, but would you say that you earn more cars in GT6 than in GT5? twice? Half? What's your take?

And what about the number of cars in arcade mode? inaccurate too?

And the lack of give/exchange cars option? inaccurate?

And this http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/body-rigidity-deteriorates-way-too-fast.292723/

Doesn't even make you doubt?

spwolf

lol

as solid said earlier, you can easily tell who never got to see GT6, let alone play.

People who have played GT6 know that microtransactions are locked away in single menu and not easy to see or access at all. If they wanted to "load" the game with them, they really did the opposite of what they should have.

To finish the game, you have to buy 4-5 cheap cars - rest of the cars you get through awards. A lot of the cars can also be played in arcade mode without having to purchase them, for time trials for instance.

turnbuckle

Hmm... yeah, I bet they haven't played the game yet either.....

Selective quotes to push my agenda (I guess):

I first noticed this on my Viper GTS 15th Anniversary '13. I fitted a rig bar (improved body rigidity) in the pit service area then went racing. Over a little time and quite a few short races I noticed the handling wasn't up to scratch. So I went back to the pit service area to be greeted with the message "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate". So I thought fair enough. I've done quite a few sprints with my Viper and thought nothing of it. Only cost 70,000 credits to sort it. The car has only done 325.9 miles.

Then I did a 2-3 hour grind for 2 Million credits and bought a Bentley Speed 8. Did the same thing, went to the pit area and changed oil, added a rig bar etc. and have done just 4 championships with it, 4

2x Dream Car, 1x Like The Wind & 1x GT World Championship.

It was during the 2nd Dream Car Championship (which was the 4th championship done) at Le Sarthe and then at the Nurb that I lost some handling. Quite alot of handling in fact at the Nurb to the point it was nearly undrivable. So I went back to the pit area and was greeted with the same message "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate" and I've only got 375.1 miles on the clock this time. This I wouldn't mind but at 500,000 sovs to restore it is pathetic. Especially when payouts are so low.

I am beginning to wonder if it's programmed this way so that I may be forced to buy some in-game credits for real cash to carry on enjoying the game?

At this rate, if there was an endurance in GT6 with over 300 miles it would cost more to run it than what I imagine the payout would be for completing it.

I hope this is fixed soon by an update or something because if it's not, It could be a game breaker for me. I ain't grinding for an hour and half at a time just to get another 300 miles out of a virtual car. It's meant to be a game for enjoyment not torture. Had enough of that in GT5 before the seasonals came out.

500,000 to 1,000,000 credits to restore rigidity on most racecars. $$$$

Just saw that my VGT also is not in tip-top condition anymore. But I almost fainted when I saw the restoration fee. I don't know if my Japanese version of the game has different units to the European and American versions, but I saw 50,000,000! Even if I have added an extra zero by mistake, I know the cost was half the value of the car, if you were to buy it.
Obviously mine is a gift car, but I was planning on buying another because I'm so obsessed with this car. I'm having second thoughts with these ridiculous running costs!!

Bump, Because I want the prices to be patched for this.
Sounds like you wouldnt even break even on the credits won from the races, after you pay the restore cost. geez 300 miles and an engine is barely worn in..
I will just continue to drive my beaters around, should be a bit easier on my credits lol. Bet it gets expensive fast if you are in on online GT3 league or the like.. I'll have to be careful where and when I use the expensive cars I suppose.

I used the R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition for some pre-race practice and for the GT Championship to unlock the Super License.

No outrageous crashes, knocked against a wall 2 x during race when AI tried pulling a pit maneuver.
Total mileage less than 400 Mi, Pit Service tells me Body Rigidity is starting to deteriorate.
Cost to fix; 500,000 credits!!!!!

2nd time this has happened.
1st time was for the SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition.
That cost about me about 250,000 credits.

Let's cut to the chase with all these jousting lists

What's the total, final number of cars you can get in GTA5 & GTA6 once you've unlocked everything, bought everything and defeated the secret wizard on level 5

spwolf

They're giving away plenty of cars, and much faster than in GT5, in my experience. Not in the least because the goodwood festival gives out 5 for 15 races that average about 1 minute per run (how long it takes you to get gold may very), and the licence tests are far fewer events as well.

I won 22 cars since I started on Saturday and have probably about 8 hours of actual driving behind me and 36% of the game. I stupidly spent 150.000 on a car I didn't actually need (for an online race) and some upgrades, but still have about 1 million now and 153 or so stars.

There are a lot of shortcuts to getting the cars faster, and this is also the best way of going about it if you want credits fast (and don't want to use the merc glitch).

General rule for each section:
- earn enough stars to unlock licence test and missions (generally about 20 stars, which means about 7 races out of the very many more that you'd have to do to get all)
- earn gold in licence test and mission
- earn gold in the goodwood festival

You can use those cars to complete the other events, and these then win you more cars and unlock more goodwood events. I haven't had to buy a single car yet for the offline racing.

obviously, first thing you are doing wrong is you are playing the game. You should be posting a link to some other thread on other forum as a proof how it is opposite of all that you wrote above :)

turnbuckle

lol

as solid said earlier, you can easily tell who never got to see GT6, let alone play.

Don't need to buy a game to criticize it. I've played GT1-2, 3 & 5. Why would I buy a game that implements something I'm strongly against?

People who have played GT6 know that microtransactions are locked away in single menu and not easy to see or access at all. If they wanted to "load" the game with them, they really did the opposite of what they should have.

Before the game was released I was told by a bunch of defenders that you couldn't buy credits from within the game at all. That the only way to purchase them was through the PSN store. Was that not right?

Either way, it's not as if the option being not readily apparent makes it invalid to complain about. Certainly not as disgusting as what Forza 5 does though.

obviously, first thing you are doing wrong is you are playing the game. You should be posting a link to some other thread on other forum as a proof how it is opposite of all that you wrote above :)

So are you saying all of those people are wrong?
I read on that forum that the credit limit was bumped to 50 million. I guess I need to buy the game, play it, and get to 50 million credits before being able to take them at face value as well?

It's not like GTplanet has an anti-GT bias....

spwolf

Hmm... yeah, I bet they haven't played the game yet either.....

Selective quotes to push my agenda (I guess):

i find it interesting that you didnt quote last post on that very same thread

1100 miles on gt300 rx7 body still mint ...... lol stay out 70mph cops/cruise lobbies and stay off the walls = body last long time

oh noes, you have to repair the car when you crash? while last week the outrage was how there is no damage modelling. Now there is too much?

Top Bottom