• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V confirmed 30fps 1080p on both Xbox One and Playstation 4 (read post #217)

PS4 has frame rate issues likely because they spent more time working on the Xbox One version.
PS4 also maintains a constant v sync and 1080p while doing it, too.

Lighting differences? Looks like Raymaker's trolling worked on someone.

The PS4 got the better end of the deal with that game. I don't know what you're talking about.

How is resolution better than framerate ?

People expected 60 in a console open world game? Not going to happen on these CPUs. And before someone says MGS5, I mean an actual open world. Not an open tiny island.

doc-rivers.gif

Well, there's a chance that both versions are upscaled 1080p... Lately, the PS Blog has been using "native" in most of their game announcements. Even Rocksmith has "1080p native" mentioned.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
People expected 60 in a console open world game? Not going to happen on these CPUs. And before someone says MGS5, I mean an actual open world. Not an open tiny island.

The Phantom Pain is big. It also looks pretty last-gen like Ground Zeroes.

I'm deathly serious. Look at the evidence.

Assassins Creed Unity - 900/30 on both consoles, even though one has a benchmarked power difference of nearly 50% in its favour.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Inexplicably has frame-rate and lighting issues that aren't in the X1 version, even though there's a 50% power difference in the PS4 favour

And now this, Sure, it's a PS marketed game, but it's clear that MS got to R* in some way. Probably has something to do with that $50m loan MS gave them all those years ago.

I think it's because both MS and Rockstar company heads are actually reptilians from a far away planet near the draco constellation...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Is this a new record for number of people thinking Miles is serious?
I think so.

For everyone's edification going forward, Miles is *not* serious and you are being trolled. An action that he will be ceasing forthwith, isn't that so?

Carry on with the bleating and turd throwing

How is resolution better than framerate ?

Short split second drops during intense fights is not that big of a deal. Historically, those have not been much of an issue for me when the frame rate is already that high.

However, non native 1080p is quite obvious.

Sorry, but its never as simple as just "resolution vs. framerate"
You have to weigh the degree to which the frames drop to which there is a resolution difference.

And yeah, the developers did not need to drop the resolution for this game. It's fine.

omonimo

Banned
To move away from conspiracy theories...

Im happy with this. Less happy than 60 but I'm sure it will be stable if they're pushing full 1080p.
After Halo remastered, I wouldn't take 1080p how full 1080p. Congratulations to R if they achieved this with a decent fps, on xone.
But the hardware not help.

Spazznid

3840 X 2160 resolution

Pretty sure I'll be getting mine to 8K. or at least 6K with some AA. Sorry, but almost every game "Supports" 4K. Whether or not the UI scales, you can still run most every game at whatever resolution you can force on your screen.

shandy706

I'll admit I fully expected 900p on the X1. I just want a solid 30fps.

I also admit I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that 1080p is just "output", however..until they clarify something different on their OFFICIAL site...I'll remain optimistically surprised.

....continue on....

I doubt Xbox One is 1080p...IGN is unreliable.

That link goes to R*'s site.

I think so.

For everyone's edification going forward, Miles is *not* serious and you are being trolled. An action that he will be ceasing forthwith, isn't that so?

Carry on with the bleating and turd throwing

Will this be something moderated going forward in all cases? It's a common form of humor here as you know.

Wizman23

Banned

Yeah this one always cracks me up. There will never be an open world 60 FPS game on the PS4/XB1 this generation. It might not happen next gen either

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Pretty sure I'll be getting mine to 8K. or at least 6K with some AA. Sorry, but almost every game "Supports" 4K. Whether or not the UI scales, you can still run most every game at whatever resolution you can force on your screen.

All I want is screenshots, mmkay?

AmyS

4K on PC? WTF does that even mean?

4K is Ultra HD with 3840 x 2160 pixels. 4K ( or 2160p ) is four times the resolution of 1080p.

In a nutshell, 4 times sharper than Full HD.

In the case of Grand Theft Auto V for PC coming January 27th 2015, it would mean for those who have powerful enough gaming PCs, GTAV can be run at 4K resolution.

The Llama

On a serious note, its early in the gen and if the Xbox One can keep a solid 30fps for this, I'm excited to see what it and the PS4 can do in 2-3 years. Gives me a little hope.

Top Bottom