• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has shipped 29m unit worldwide

CassSept

As much as I'll never understand GTA phenomenon, this is an absolutely amazing and mind-blowing record. These are absolutely ridiculous numbers, once additional SKUs launch this will easily be best-selling game of all time.

Since it outsold every Call of Duty and might even almost double one, prepare for new iterations of following:

Mafia

and a million others! Its literally the PS2 era again!

Hey, the first Mafia was amazing!

Tremendous game. Its only flaw in my eyes (besides the online being...well, imperfect to be charitable) is that it's too short. And it's fucking immense! Those sales will probably see a substantial boost from the holidays, too. Just incredible.

It was a system tie in everywhere but Japan, where it sold 3,712,130 and was the 2nd best selling game for Wii (1st was NSMBWii).

The difference is people aren't really buying consoles anymore, most of the large number Mario games, came out really early, when their respective console platforms were selling like crazy.

FStop7

Banned
Assuming 360 and PS3 are at a combined lifetime sales of 160 million that means there is 1 copy of GTA for every 5.5 consoles. That's so insane considering that's over 1 month vs. 7 years.

Vooduu

Let's hope all this money can produce a sequel with a better and longer story/campaign. GTA VI in Vice City.

Maybe a new IP?

Getting tired of the satire too. Rockstar has enough influence to really make a great crime drama.

lefantome

Imho it can easily aim to 50 millions lifetime if it's released on next gen consoles too and will have big expansions n the following 2 years.

FireCloud

I'm holding out for a PS4 version. It's been tough seeing most of my friends list playing the story and online.... must resist... must resist...

Highly deserved! It’s simply one of the best games of all time...

Yp4tAJ0.gif

E92 M3

The attention to detail in this game is immense and the game is beautiful. R* absolutely deserves it - gaming is amazing. Definitely can't wait for the DLC and I haven't been excited for DLC in a long time.

I could definitely see 50 million sells by the time GTA VI is released. it only needs to average 4 million copies sold every year assuming that VI is released in 5 years. I think it can easily do that if released on next gen. Wasn't GTA IV averaging 2 million copies a year for years 4-5?

CF22

GTA is my favorite game series by far, I don't think I'd still be playing video games if GTA wasn't around. Congratulations to Rockstar, now bring the game out on PS4 so I can go buy it again.

Top Bottom