• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V (New-Gen) Snapmatic / Photo thread

dc89

U0NtGQJ010CYnefeXQ8PGA_0_0.jpg

OpUmXqgbFkSLuf7msFkLCw_0_0.jpg

mnfylmc5ikekM4O1EZTDMA_0_0.jpg

74_RN5sHvUKqMAJWbI3LmA_0_0.jpg

3fAJqZcuq06A1Y4PQQJtCw_0_0.jpg

rocK`

Banned
hnnngh. holding out for the PC version to replay (but avoid finishing the story, I raced through it on PS3 because I was so tired of the loading).

Looking forward to the crazy online PC play.

Bushido

Neo Member
Just getting back to this game mostly for the photography.

Here's what I have so far.

All edited except for the zombie guy.

Thanks for looking.

nKJjFYd.jpg

KSFMsAI.jpg

1DP8Mul.jpg

FXVjhna.jpg

YL6gRU3.jpg

HuIw4qY.jpg

E8Ttvh9.jpg

Jac_Solar

can't even fathom how this game will look w/ the iCEnhancer mod if they can make gat iv look like this:

Real textures, or rather pictures (Textures with little depth, transparency, and has angled, pre-existing lighting and shading.) placed in the game like this can make the game look real in certain places, but it only seems to work well on relatively flat surfaces (Which, in turn, makes the reflections look realistic on the car.), and tends to highlight other issues with the graphics. It almost looks like a real picture was pasted onto the background.

As soon as you introduce somewhat complex geometry, animation and other graphical effects, it tends to fall apart. I think one of the main reasons why it worked so well with GTA IV is because of the simplistic geometry of the city, or specifically, the buildings.

First time stumbling into this thread, and I'm in awe. Viewing these on my phone earlier, I actually had to do a double take as some were just too good to be video game screenshots.

Wow. Just wow. Excellent work guys/gals.
(and to Rockstar* for nailing that lighting)

ScOULaris

Mine are nothing special, but I thought I'd share the few that I've taken when messing around in the PS4 version so far. All are taken from the social club website, so forgive the resolution.

mHMMt_uKV0mlnVVyMMwy-g_0_0.jpg

ANtNnQXvvUyY29NWcL_OjQ_0_0.jpg

sHzTgChMI0Sq9jKt_GlCKA_0_0.jpg

2ZQwtqBZZ0K34nNrgDeAsA_0_0.jpg

vejhHlv0yEuYed_ovu9RbQ_0_0.jpg

_qnkBizPJESHSZIfNq8mtA_0_0.jpg

wYx9inUYoUiesBIjboniaA_0_0.jpg

ScOULaris

Just started playing the PS4 version again, and I'm still floored by the lighting and detail in Los Santos. Best in class by a mile, IMO.

After I got done I just had to seek out this thread again. The shots in here are just ridiculous at times.

Top Bottom