• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Full Graphics Options Revealed

Jonbo298

I went from waiting for a winter sale to pre-ordering. >.<

I committed that sin too. I swore off all Pre ordering after the disastrous year that was 2014. But Rockstar's extreme confidence in GTA V running well on systems like mine and knowing who handled bringing it to PC made me give them a chance and pulled the trigger a few days ago. I'm still extremely way of any pre-ordering and holding up my decision not to do it, with very few exceptions.

knitoe

Steam got me by the balls. I waiting until now hoping for a discount, even 5-10%, but nope, paid the $60 for that version.

I opted for the steam version after seeing these downloading issues with everyone else.

I guess I'll just buy one less game in the next few months to cover the difference.

I opted for the steam version after seeing these downloading issues with everyone else.

I guess I'll just buy one less game in the next few months to cover the difference.

There isn't anything wrong with it. Some of us just chose not to. Although, you're right about the downloading, heh. I'm going anywhere from 6.4kb/s to 4 mb/s.

LilJoka

There isn't anything wrong with it. Some of us just chose not to. Although, you're right about the downloading, heh. I'm going anywhere from 6.4kb/s to 4 mb/s.

I would have expected a solid speed by today. The morning after the preload released in the UK, I downloaded the last 40GB at 4MB/s constant from RSC.

Armaly

I would have expected a solid speed by today. The morning after the preload released in the UK, I downloaded the last 40GB at 4MB/s constant from RSC.

Wouldn't the speeds be the worst at this time though? It's super close to release and it's a weekend so most people have time to go on the computer and dl.

No, but paying more money for absolutely no good reason is.

Eh, I wouldn't call the convenience Steam provides in consolidating and updating all your games across multiple machines with a single login "no good reason".

I just don't mind launching games from different launchers. Which means that convenience isn't worth as much to me as saving $13 on my triple dip.

styl3s

If an i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz and a GTX 660 2GB can get 60fps @ 1080p on high.

I can definitely go very high (or ultra, whatever you want to call it) with my i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz and a GTX Titan SC @ 1440p.

Suck it Qassim.

NhZxogA.gif

I hope :|
So my i5 4690k won't bottle neck me running this on very high/ultra? I assume my 980 and 8gb ram is enough but i still worry about my i5. I have a i7 3770k sitting in this x51 i bought couple years back but im always afraid i will break it trying to get it out.

finalflame

Eh, I wouldn't call the convenience Steam provides in consolidating and updating all your games across multiple machines with a single login "no good reason".

I just don't mind launching games from different launchers. Which means that convenience isn't worth as much to me as saving $13 on my triple dip.

Triple dipping as well and went for it at 50% off on Nuuvem ($30).

I agree Steam is great, I have over 200 games on my Steam account. However, with the type of DRM GTA V uses, you still have to login to Rockstar Social Club to access the game, friends, multiplayer, etc. Just wasn't worth it to me, personally.

If the Steam version used Steam DRM in lieu of Rockstar Social Club, I'd have gladly payed the full $60.

UnrealEck

I'm thinking of getting a 970 and replacing it with the next nVidia card (980 Ti?) in probably just a few months.
I wish the new card would come sooner.

SliChillax

I had this game on PS3/PS4. Not sure whether I should get it again or not. Never did play GTA online though so not sure if it's worth it.

If you have a powerful enough PC to enjoy the advantages then it's a no brainer.

Save some money, get an MSI 970. Mines been nothing but stellar

Why MSI? Didn't those have lot's of issues? I had the Gigabyte and it was stellar but I got it refunded because of the 3.5Gb. Added 80 pounds and got a 980 and it has served me quite well, well worth the added extra.

MJLord

Why MSI? Didn't those have lot's of issues? I had the Gigabyte and it was stellar but I got it refunded because of the 3.5Gb. Added 80 pounds and got a 980 and it has served me quite well, well worth the added extra.

I'm not sure about issues, mines been brilliant but that's just me xD. The 980 hasn't got much on the 970. I guess the RAM thing is a big deal though I had forgotten about that.

styl3s

On and off since the first day. The first two nights I only spent 30 minutes or so downloading and I didn't leave my PC on overnight. Last night I did and it only reached 48GB, but since waking up it has failed twice at the last hurdle. I comes up with a message saying 'verifying...' (I can't remember the exact text as it came and went in a split second), but I wouldn't be surprised if it was failing because it can't 'see' enough free space to unpack the game on release day (I'd only have 34GB free with it fully downloaded). After trying again it resumes at 44GB of 55GB, which I don't get. I gave up and I'm now downloading it, without user interaction, on my laptop in the hope I can move across the files and finish the installation on release day.
I got up to like 50gb today and it lost connection to some weird screen then resumed at like 10gb and i about throw my computer out the window. It's at 38.27gb right now so hopefully it finishes in the next 5 hours before i go to bed. I hate this installer, it takes me literally an hour to download 40-50gb games through origin/steam and even bnet.

LilJoka

I'm not sure about issues, mines been brilliant but that's just me xD. The 980 hasn't got much on the 970. I guess the RAM thing is a big deal though I had forgotten about that.

Yeah I have the MSI Gamer 970, and it's amazing. Custom bios taken it to 1560mhz core 3950mhz memory. Extremely quiet. Some games I can run without the fan even on. Peaks at 69c.

Downloaded mine in a 2.5 hour period. In fact my entire bandwidth was fully saturated the entire time. Then again it was after midnight when I did this.

prophecy0

I'm thinking of getting a 970 and replacing it with the next nVidia card (980 Ti?) in probably just a few months.
I wish the new card would come sooner.

I'm in the process of doing this now. I currently have 2x 680s (2GB) in SLI. SLI compatibility issues are driving me crazy, so I ordered a 970 to hold me over until the 980Ti or AMD 300 series.

finalflame

Did you just take that screenshot? The game unlocks in 39 hours (well, 38 hours and 50 minutes).

Nah, the time for his post was a few hours earlier today. The time will be the same for everyone; 4pm PST, 7pm EST, 12a London.

Can't wait. Have my exit interview at work at 3:30pm PST (start a new job Tuesday), and will be heading straight home to play some glorious GTA V on PC.

ThomasCro

I have a dilemma, if anyone can help me figure this out.

I want to play with mouse and keyboard for precision aiming, but I want pressure sensitive acceleration in vehicles.

Do you think that an ok version would be to have a steering wheel with pedals plugged in and then just switch to them when I'm in a car; or having just the pedals for acceleration; or having a 360 controller on the table that I would grab when I get into a car?

Does anyone have a similar setup for any other games?

Seanspeed

Banned
I have a dilemma, if anyone can help me figure this out.

I want to play with mouse and keyboard for precision aiming, but I want pressure sensitive acceleration in vehicles.

Do you think that an ok version would be to have a steering wheel with pedals plugged in and then just switch to them when I'm in a car; or having just the pedals for acceleration; or having a 360 controller on the table that I would grab when I get into a car?

Does anyone have a similar setup for any other games?
I asked about this earlier, too. Apparently GTAIV allowed you to alternate between 360 pad and kb/m on the fly, so hopefully that should be do-able again. That's my plan.

Ha, just noticed they have MSAA options for reflections. I guess as long as I keep the game at 1080p with 2x or no MSAA and some other settings toned down, VRAM usage should be fine for a 2GB card.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I asked about this earlier, too. Apparently GTAIV allowed you to alternate between 360 pad and kb/m on the fly, so hopefully that should be do-able again. That's my plan.

This is my style though for GTA5 my ds4 and with ds4windows tweaks will be doing the lifting.

Odd glitch about GTA4 certain copies required you to a controller or disable cores to finish the final chase mission at certain points.

This is very doable and instant so it's not necessarily switching you can have both active. dead serious I plan on reconfiguring my whole left side of the pad for driving and aiming with the mouse some of them early missions and we all know a certain one involving a boat will be infinitely than using one setup vs two.

I don't mind the style best of both universes.

I've played quite a bit of the PS4 version, but I'm kind of on the fence as whether to continue with playing on the PS4 or go for the PC. I have an i5 3570k at 4.2ghz with 2 670 cards. I really hope that I can get 1080p/60fps with that set-up with similar or better graphics than the PS4 version.

Denton

Actually in the readme of GTA5 they state flat out that controller and mouse/KB are switchable on the fly during gameplay.

LilJoka

I've played quite a bit of the PS4 version, but I'm kind of on the fence as whether to continue with playing on the PS4 or go for the PC. I have an i5 3570k at 4.2ghz with 2 670 cards. I really hope that I can get 1080p/60fps with that set-up with similar or better graphics than the PS4 version.

Should run very well I think. You could easily overclock the CPU and GPU more.

Top Bottom