• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Full Graphics Options Revealed

Denton

The layout is the same as I remember it, but it’s like going from being short-sighted (or hungover) to having perfect vision: I’m impressed by how beautiful the lighting is, how the reflections look on cars at night, how convincing the weather effects are. This is exactly how I hoped the PC port would shape up. It makes me want to chuck my 780 in the bin and get 4K-ready immediately.

Fuck.

Why can't it be tuesday already? The game is already downloaded FFS !

riflen

Can't say I was particularly impressed with the TXAA in Far Cry 4 TBH...bad implementation or just how it is?

Awful implementation in my opinion. For some reason, when your character moves, the TXAA filters seem to be disabled.
If you stand still, then it behaves as normal and the image quality is very good on all components of the scene, moving or otherwise.

I wish it worked, but instead I play in a high resolution and force FXAA through Nvidia control panel.

shandy706

Man I'm looking forward to screenshotting this. I don't know when I'll get it down the road, as I'm not ready to double dip yet, but I can't wait to see if I can do 30fps @4k or 60fps @1440p downsampled with some AA too.

It sounds to me like a single 980 will be great with it.

SerTapTap

Pause game on focus loss.

Yisss, more games need this as an option. All games. Love playing with a controller on one monitor and poking around on the web with my KB/M on another.

Great set of options, bodes well for the port.

Well, 4k60fps is 8 times console performance just in terms of pushed pixels, never mind all the improved effects and LoD distance on top of that.

Obviously it's going to require serious hardware.

oh i know, the more money you throw at your pc the better performance you get. i didnt it mean it in a bad way, just a reaction to a wishlist put together on amazon but it is so out of my league to get a pc with those specs heh

Denton

By the way, this is one of those times I wish they would include "console" graphics preset, so I could simply select that and get identical (or close to) graphical settings as on PS4. That would be great starting point from which I could add or decrease detail until/as long I would achieve 60fps without drops.

Surprised there isn't a thread for the new screenshots already.

OzGXD3r.jpg

Xr6DQ0p.jpg

Any many more.

Nzyme32

Good read actually, DLC being released at the same time as consoles going forward is welcome news.

Some choice quotes:

“It is the overall experience that adds to that feeling,” explains the team. “With each iteration of the game we’ve been able to push the quality level of the effects that support the lighting, while the lighting itself hasn’t actually changed much since the PS3/Xbox 360 version.”

“All the effects that compose our lighting (reflection, ambient occlusion, skin and post effect) are higher quality and higher resolution (where settings permit), which gives the PC version a smoother and more nuanced picture.”

Also seems they changed their approach on PC to make it good, having the core team collaborating more closely with their PC devs from the start, which they started with Max Payne 3

“The PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is the result of a collaboration between the core Grand Theft Auto team and our lead PC developers from across all of Rockstar’s studios,” explains the Rockstar North team. “Over the past few years, we realised that in order to really improve our PC versions, the core games team had to work a lot more closely with our PC-focused developers.”

“We first put this into practise with Max Payne 3 and we were really happy with the results, so the same key group that worked on Grand Theft Auto V was much more involved in the development of the PC version this time around.

“[H]aving the original team on the PC title has made a huge difference to the final game, and both our PC focused devs and the GTA team have learnt a great deal from each other.”

Xpliskin

"We've seen GTA 5 running at 4k resolution at 60fps, and it's glorious."

The fact that that is possible at all this time round is definitely something that gives me hope for good performance

The wait has been redeemed.

Finally I can finish this game.

SerTapTap

By the way, this is one of those times I wish they would include "console" graphics preset, so I could simply select that and get identical (or close to) graphical settings as on PS4. That would be great starting point from which I could add or decrease detail until/as long I would achieve 60fps without drops.

I assumed that's what "normal" probably is

Really wish there was a benchmark download so I could test how it runs on my hardware before buying it. Sadly going to have to wait on this one

Nzyme32

I don't understand the need for that when they already have the option in place to automatically give you what they think will be good for your system's hardware, forming a good point to adjust settings to suit your needs.

Even if you wanted to find a specific console's settings - chances are you couldn't since a lot of the time the settings will not perfectly conform to any of the preset values they have available

UnrealEck

Those are some of the most comprehensive and diverse options I've seen in any PC game to date.
Looks as if you can even tell the game how much VRAM to use. The LOD setting is also pretty cool so you can set it to render crazy detail even when flying over the city.
If my GTX 960 can make this game look better than the PS4 version at 1080p (I'm going to assume that's very likely), I'm in for this version.

You'll likely be running a much better CPU too so it's possible.

Omikaru

I've been holding out on GTAV for a long time. Didn't even get it on PS3 back in 2013.

At this point I'm waiting on PC version performance. Settings seem comprehensive, but we'll just have to wait and see if it's a good port or not. If my GTX 960 can make this game look better than the PS4 version at 1080p (I'm going to assume that's very likely), I'm in for this version.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yet more awesome info:

Director Mode will allow us to stage elaborate scenes and control characters and animals, adjust weather and time of day on the fly, and trigger actions like gestures and dialogue phrases. Players will also be able to warp to different locations around the map and activate in-game cheats. Rockstar confirms animals, special pedestrians and heist crew members will unlock for use here as you progress through the single-player game.

from the IGN article.

Yet more awesome info:

Director Mode will allow us to stage elaborate scenes and control characters and animals, adjust weather and time of day on the fly, and trigger actions like gestures and dialogue phrases. Players will also be able to warp to different locations around the map and activate in-game cheats. Rockstar confirms animals, special pedestrians and heist crew members will unlock for use here as you progress through the single-player game.

from the IGN article.

I expect Youtube will be filled with tons of GTA V "machinima" soon after launch

thebloo

Yet more awesome info:

from the IGN article.

Holy crap. I've already had my fill on PS3 and I really don't want to give money to Rockstar after the whole "Heists on old gen" debacle. Aaand my PC would probably struggle to keep up with the game at decent settings. But I still want that.

-griffy-

Banned
Everyone worried about FOV options should be aware that the PS4 and XB1 versions have them for first person view, so there's no reason it would be missing in the PC version. It also isn't in graphics settings, which explains why it isn't in the OP.

RK9039

Yet more awesome info:

from the IGN article.

Omg.

Everyone worried about FOV options should be aware that the PS4 and XB1 versions have them for first person view, so there's no reason it would be missing in the PC version. It also isn't in graphics settings, which explains why it isn't in the OP.

yeah..they put it in the Controls settings for PS4/XB1

SerTapTap

Yet more awesome info:

from the IGN article.

WTF that's crazy and awesome. They should have revealed some of this stuff beforehand, the wait is pretty understanadble now.

Nzyme32

Yet more awesome info:

from the IGN article.

I'm totally going to turn the entire Los Santos into an animal city, and then go hunting screaming Jumani!

I wonder if the "special pedestrians" you can unlock for the Director Mode are characters from different Rockstar games

"Trevor meets John Marston & Jimmy Hopkins"...lol

Yet more awesome info:

from the IGN article.

oh cool, I didn't want to play any other games this year anyway

no chromatic aberration no buy

I don't know if PC is even powerful enough to handle chrome abs on top of all these graphics

I wonder if the "special pedestrians" you can unlock for the Director Mode are characters from different Rockstar games

"Trevor meets John Marston & Jimmy Hopkins"...lol

I believe there is a model for Nico Belic in the console version but its only accessible through hacks.

FLAguy954

When I get around to buying this, I'll try it out on 4K/30fps with my 290 and I'll let you all know how that goes.

Top Bottom