• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

Nethaniah

I would argue that the Houser brothers' 3D series that we have today started as a PS2 exclusive.

You'd be wrong, otherwise why go back to the top-down style in the form of the GBA / DS games? Cause that is still a part of this series.

Hell, Gta 3 still had the top-down camera as an option.

Dmented

Banned
Besides, there's something else I don't get.

PC gamers claim that they will get the PC version "because it will undoubtedly be the superior version".

But then we get "There's no reason the PC version shouldn't release at the same time as the PS4/XBone versions".

If the PC version will be the "ultimate version", doesn't it make sense that it will need some more time to polish it to it's very best? Why all the bitching, then?

PC gamer's motto seems to be "It's worth the wait as long as you get to play the best version". Well then PC gamers, just suck it up and wait, then.

It will be the best version because of the things you can do on PC, not because of how long it takes for it to be polished.

Get your head out of your ass.

Sentenza

On a side note, after reading some replies I have to wonder what kind of clueless, gullible tool one person must be to find acceptable as an excuse something like "lack of resources and manpower" when it comes from a company like Rockstar, which has twice the money of God.

dreamfall

I'm a chump.

Hey, me too!

Yeah, I'll be spending most of the next couple years playing this on PC when it arrives- but I'm excited to see what it looks like on console, and spend some time trying out Remote Play (if it's included!), and just driving around.

The delay hurts, but it's coming. And I hope it's optimized!

I think some people here are failing to realize that the PC platform hasn't seen ANY GTA V release at all. It's not "just a 2 month delay". It's a 16 month gap from the initial release last year. Consoles got preferential treatment twice, and the same game got released on consoles twice while it's still missing on PC.

If you can't see why PC gamers are feeling slighted over this I really don't know what to tell you. Then again it's pretty clear some in this thread just want to smugly troll instead.

Wil348

I agree, anyone who buys this is a CHUMP!

Yeah, because screw the people who just want to enjoy the game even though it's the developer who delayed it for PC, screw them all!

No but seriously, if you're going to direct your rage at anyone, direct it at Rockstar. Even then, they are obviously delaying it for a reason. Whether that reason is bug fixing, polishing, if even priorities elsewhere, there's a reason for it. They aren't doing this to deliberately upset PC users.

Fjordson

Read my former post.

You can change the gameplay style all you want, does not make it a different series.
I saw the edit, does not change the simple fact in my original post.

Obviously it's technically all one series, c'mon man :lol I'm saying that there are two distinct eras of GTA, with the current one clearly starting when the Houser brothers and Leslie Benzies took over for GTA III.

I see this PC delay as simply being about them crunching to get this port ready for the new consoles. Look at how late they announced the console release date.

Obviously they see the consoles as the big money maker this holiday, and the PC version will come later, giving them time to finish it.

Now if the PC version comes out in January and is crap, then they deserve some blowback.

Zomba13

"See! We go through the effort of making a PC version but no one buys it! We don't know why. Let's not bother in the future."

Fuck right off with that PC release date.

Wil348

I see this PC delay as simply being about them crunching to get this port ready for the new consoles. Look at how late they announced the console release date.

Obviously they see the consoles as the big money maker this holiday, and the PC version will come later, giving them time to finish it.

Now if the PC version comes out in January and is shitty, then they deserve some hate.

From a business standpoint it's absolutely essential that they get the console versions out by Christmas, because they're the ones that are going to sell better. So I can understand them potentially moving resources to the PS4/XB1 versions and then starting back up fully on the PC version once they have gone gold.

Unless the port does end up shitty, they don't deserve any hate.

IMACOMPUTA

This thread is on planet crybaby.

We all know they are staggering the release because they don't want to have to fix broken GTA:eek: on 3 platforms at the same time.

PJV3

Sweet, I didn't bother with the last gen version so it will be nice to play this over the Christmas period.

There are ways to handle being upset that are dignified and mature.

That's true. Some of the reactions are pretty...unsavory. But on the other hand I think it's important to know that for PC gamers it's not only a 2 month delay. Quite a bit of hyperbole but there's also a lot of people saying PC gamers shouldn't feel upset at all, and that I definitely disagree with.

nullpoynter

I hate how devs intentionally hold back the pc version sometimes so the consoles don't look bad by comparison.

Who says they are intentionally holding it back? Maybe there were some game breaking bugs that need to be fixed. Maybe they need more time for polishing. Would you rather see them delay all versions until they are all ready? Either way, there's no need to jump to conclusions because no one really knows why the PC version is being delayed.

SugarDave

A little disappointed by the PC version delay. I had hoped it would be one of the first games I get to play on my new PC. No big deal though, there's plenty of other games and I have played it through already so...

Still looking forward to it though.

MUnited83

For you.
Who says they are intentionally holding it back? Maybe there were some game breaking bugs that need to be fixed. Maybe they need more time for polishing. Would you rather see them delay all versions until they are all ready? Either way, there's no need to jump to conclusions because no one really knows why the PC version is being delayed.

Lol @polishing and fixing bugs. The delay is there to bait double dippers.

delta25

Banned
On a side note, after reading some replies I have to wonder what kind of clueless, gullible tool one person must be to find acceptable as an excuse something like "lack of resources and manpower" when it comes from a company like Rockstar, which has twice the money of God.

Maybe the lack of manpower has something to do with Rockstar shifting all of its resources over to the next Red Dead.

One can dream, right?

Actually, R* delayed Episodes of Liberty City on PC because the console version wasn't ready. The logic from them was "it just wouldn't be fair".

Sweet! Only 2 months away! :)

Hmmm I don't think Rockstar said today if the PS4 version will have any exclusive content the Xbox One version won't have (immediately or ever). Anyone know?

I hate how devs intentionally hold back the pc version sometimes so the consoles don't look bad by comparison.

For that to happen the decision makers at Rockstar would have to be console warriors. So according to you, they're putting their love of the new consoles ahead of their desire to make money. Think about that.

Raptomex

I really get the vibe the PC version is being held back due to Online. I almost guarantee it. With the clusterfuck of issues we had at launch they're probably running into issues with that port. I don't really play Online but it seems to be big with them.

The Argus

I'm more excited for this than any other Fall release, even though I've already put a couple hundred hours into it on the PS3. I plan on making all the choices I didn't make on my first and only play through.

With Destiny getting the reviews it is, is this year going to be another GTA vs The Last Of Us for GOTY?

Omega

Banned
There are ways to handle being upset that are dignified and mature.

You mean like a 5000 post thread that stood around for a week about Tomb Raider?

Or maybe it was that thread for seemingly two weeks about Destiny parity.?

Or that thread with how Xbox fanboys cried when Sony got exclusive Destiny content?

so sorry we're not as mature as console gamers. Maybe we should only complain about shitty games and worthless dlc

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, because screw the people who just want to enjoy the game even though it's the developer who delayed it for PC, screw them all!

No but seriously, if you're going to direct your rage at anyone, direct it at Rockstar. Even then, they are obviously delaying it for a reason. Whether that reason is bug fixing, polishing, if even priorities elsewhere, there's a reason for it. They aren't doing this to deliberately upset PC users.

I'm a chump.

Probably should have put "/s" at the end of my post.

My last post was a really bad joke...

Rembrandt

Banned
Fuck all this PC bullshit, we get to play GTAV again in two months! I'm so excited. It'll be a year since I've played, so it'll be like the first time again.

Card Boy

Banned
You mean like a 5000 post thread that stood around for a week about Tomb Raider?

Or maybe it was that thread for seemingly two weeks about Destiny parity.?

Or that thread with how Xbox fanboys cried when Sony got exclusive Destiny content?

so sorry we're not as mature as console gamers. Maybe we should only complain about shitty games and worthless dlc

Tell us how you really feel.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Just waiting to grab this on PS4 day 1. Surprised they put so much effort into it from everything they have said its not just a simple uprez.

Top Bottom