• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

Nabs

I'm almost positive Steam does it. At least I thought i read that from some indie dev.

You'd be wrong. Publishers have to add discounts (regular and daily deal) to their games for them to get a sale. Then it's up to Steam to decide if they get on the front page (Daily, Flash, Community). If they'd like to skip the sale, they could just skip it. Or they could simply discount it 15-25% and make a boatload of cash.

lordkosc

so the rumor of pc delay was right,

fits in line with what i said, milk it on ps4/bone then pc later

Pretty much, my friend who has it on PS3 admitted to me he is getting it again for his PS4 , and then again on PC for the epic mods.

Rockstar has found a way to get people to triple dip on their games!

Rembrandt

Banned
You'd be wrong. Publishers have to add discounts (regular and daily deal) to their games for them to get a sale. Then it's up to Steam to decide if they get on the front page (Daily, Flash, Community). If they'd like to skip the sale, they could just skip it. Or they could simply discount it 15-25% and make a boatload of cash.

You're right. Idk why I thought they got to pick and choose. I still don't see why they throw themselves right in the middle of. It would be easier to maximize sales by just waiting until it's after. Although a discount of 15% would probably move a lot of copies, but I'm assuming Rockstar is thinking it'll sell a lot sale or not.

UnrealEck

Sheesh, it's a delay and you guys are gonna buy it on sale for $5-10? Couldn't it possibly be that they're trying to miss the winter sales and make money? Then turn around and complain when the next Rockstar game doesn't have a PC release?
The winter sales aren't in November.
What puzzles me is how people can't seem to see why people are a bit pissed off about Rockstar and PC.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Personally, I cannot wait to finally be able to give this a try. I can't think of a single Rockstar game I've played and disliked, but I purposely avoided Grand Theft Auto V because I had a gut feeling that it was going to come to the "next-gen" consoles eventually. I am glad to see that my assumption was correct : D

Rembrandt

Banned
The winter sales aren't in November.
What puzzles me is how people can't seem to see why people are a bit pissed off about Rockstar and PC.

They start a month after the current gen launch. that's still a pretty small timeframe. I could see lots of people holding off because they think it would be on sale the following month. I can absolutely see why; I just don't think holding off for a sale to buy the game in retaliation is the best plan.

I have changed my mind, i am not even going to support Rockstar with this bs of delaying PC. I just pre-ordered the Witcher 3 instead. They are not getting my money. Way to many games i want in 2015 and i am not about to reward R* for screwing pc gamers over with a lame Ubisoft excuse.

Absinthe

Man, I'm so glad the PC got delayed, there was already too much for me to play this fall.

Now I have something waiting for me in January

hlhbk

I don't know if my wallet or my wife is ready for both Halo MC collection and GTA V on consoles in a 2 week span. LOL

Hip Hop

Pretty much, my friend who has it on PS3 admitted to me he is getting it again for his PS4 , and then again on PC for the epic mods.

Rockstar has found a way to get people to triple dip on their games!

I guess I'll be triple dipping too for the Xbox One.

But I'll wait for a Black Friday sale on it. Then just sell/trade it when the PC version is out. I can probably get my money back on it too. It'll hold it's value.

The Argus

Comparisons

KIHNDtC.gif

J2lMCBq.gif

pJuWTMl.gif

Yooo7Or.gif

cPfeDBq.gif

Wow. Now this is a remaster, or whatever you want to call it. Just look at the clothes, the hair, the vines on Michael's house.

Also it's sad to see some PC elitists in this topic threaten pirating the game for what they perceive is only malice from Rockstar, not just continue tuning of the game for various configs. They're a business and obviously the console releases will sell more based on the history of the franchise so those get the most attention. But it's still nice that they're at least trying to avoid the GTA IV PC port fiasco and finally being at least a little open with the PC community on the status.

jcm

I don't wanna hear no bitching when the game gets pirated to hell, they only have themselves to blame. I'll patiently wait for for the pc version knowing there's a lot of things to play in between but this is bullshit.

I know, they should totally expect people to steal their game if the don't offer it for sale quickly enough to suit you. They have no right to complain about people stealing their shit. After all, the two month delay has massively inconvenienced you.

Well I'm not surprised about the PC version, PC version is not the priority. I'm sure the PS4 and XBO version will still outsell the PC version when it comes out.

devonodev

I'll be waiting for PC, it's annoying I have faith it'll be a good port.
Believe.
Resons for delaying it could include: optimisation, spreading out sales, getting people to triple dip, and reducing piracy by making people buy a console version if they're desperate.

All of these are perfectly reasonable things for a business to do, they don't just "hate pc players". It makes much more sense for them to delay PC version even if I am upset.

OmegaDL50

actual_1410520835.jpg

I know some of the cars in GT5 closely mimic other cars, but looks almost identical to the rear of a Lexus LFA, without the tri-exaust in the center

2012-lexus-lfa-rear-three-quarters-view2.jpg

Omega

Banned
Sheesh, it's a delay and you guys are gonna buy it on sale for $5-10? Couldn't it possibly be that they're trying to miss the winter sales and make money? Then turn around and complain when the next Rockstar game doesn't have a PC release?

well this
If they were trying to miss Winter Sales they could just, you know, not offer them on discount.

and it's GTA. one of the biggest franchises ever. If DayZ could top the sales charts during a sale event while offering no discount, GTA would easily do the same.

Rembrandt

Banned
Someone needs to do a comparison between this and those bullshots they released before the original release.

oh yeah, I can't wait for that. I think these might look ever better.

well this

and it's GTA. one of the biggest franchises ever. If DayZ could top the sales charts during a sale event while offering no discount, GTA would easily do the same.

True, but why even risk it? Just wait until it's over and take no risk, especially since with this version, they only have to worry about piracy on the PC vs all three consoles last gen. I'm not saying every pirated copy is a lost sale, but let's be absolutely realistic here, a lot of pirates are interested in titles and never pay. This will easily be the best selling game on 360/PS3/PS4/XB1 and one of the most pirated titles on PC while probably not even coming close to half of next-gen sales combined.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Not for nothing but its weird to see PC gamers like this. Like this is how it feels when PC gamers are shouting "Master Race" all the time. Its annoying. So I understand it pisses you off that its been delayed for 2 months just like that phrase pissed me off.
No one worth taking seriously uses that phrase unironically. And the reaction isn't weird at all. If the PS4 and One ports got delayed then the people buying it on the consoles wouldn't exactly be thrilled about it either. Staggered releases and timed exclusives are always dumb from a consumer perspective.

I'm wondering if they could actually lose revenue from a staggered launch, even if it's a small amount. Some PC gamers that would buy the game due to the massive hype of the initial launch may not be interested during the quieter PC launch in January. If they outnumber the triple dippers and would-be pirates that got impatient and paid for the current gen port then it's a net loss. But there's no way to know.

Messrs Housers are trying to get everyone to purchase their wares not once, not twice, but thrice? The nerve of these brigands and modern day highwaymen! I hope everyone with punishes them for this boldness by waiting until it is three pence in a summer sale before buying, if at all. Surely that will teach them some manners befitting of proper gentlemen.

Guess I am one of the few who is happy about the pc delay. I was planning to triple dip anyway and this game was a major reason for picking up my PS4. Now I have enough time to mess around with each version, great!

Dmented

Banned
Lol at some of the people in this thread. Really. Reverse the roles and you'd get the EXACT same responses. But I guess it comes with the territory when you're passionate with something.

Also to the people who're saying: "Oh well just pirate it!"

Yeah let's do that to make sure releases go from delays to nonexistent products. Good job.

Rembrandt

Banned
No one worth taking seriously uses that phrase unironically. And the reaction isn't weird at all. If the PS4 and One ports got delayed then the people buying it on the consoles wouldn't exactly be thrilled about it either. Staggered releases and timed exclusives are always dumb from a consumer perspective.

I'm wondering if they could actually lose revenue from a staggered launch, even if it's a small amount. Some PC gamers that would buy the game due to the massive hype of the initial launch may not be interested during the quieter PC launch in January. If they outnumber the triple dippers and would-be pirates that got impatient and paid for the current gen port then it's a net loss. But there's no way to know.

well yeah because rockstar has been primarily a console developer for at least a decade now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
well yeah because rockstar has been primarily a console developer for at least a decade now.
It's more like, "Well yeah, no one likes to wait an extra two months for the game they've been anticipating." Max Payne 3 shipped day and date with the consoles, so I'm not sure why they slid again.

Omega

Banned
oh yeah, I can't wait for that. I think these might look ever better.

True, but why even risk it? Just wait until it's over and take no risk, especially since with this version, they only have to worry about piracy on the PC vs all three consoles last gen. I'm not saying every pirated copy is a lost sale, but let's be absolutely realistic here, a lot of pirates are interested in titles and never pay. This will easily be the best selling game on 360/PS3/PS4/XB1 and one of the most pirated titles on PC while probably not even coming close to half of next-gen sales combined.

"herp derp pirates"

The game wouldn't get less sales if it was a simultaneous release on PC nor would it be pirated less. which i guess is somehow your point because I don't see how else "take no risks" and "pirates" plays into this other than apparently ever PC gamer is a pirate that is unworthy of glorious console games.

In the US Gamestop was offering a deal where you could turn in your PS3 version and get the PS4 version for $20.

Oh i see! - well, doubt the uk will get such a deal! Its £48 at amazon at the moment, but should get down to £40 by launch. Shame it is out the same day as far cry 4! I'm more excited about this!

Dr.Acula

Banned
Day 1! (January 27th)

Yeah, it's late, but so what? I live in Valve time. God knows people are going to be bitching when they say the PC version is buggy and needs patches anyway.

Check your privilege!

I know some of the cars in GT5 closely mimic other cars, but looks almost identical to the rear of a Lexus LFA, without the tri-exaust in the center.
There's quite a few cars, relative to other GTA or open world games, that are really close to their real counter parts. Both the new Turismo R and Zenterno from DLC are pretty darn close to LaFerraris and Elementos (and it even has the option of a Veneno style wing). The Lampadati Felon is almost exactly the same as a Jaguar XF-R. There's a lot of obvious or easy ones.. I mean, of course a Dominator, Gauntlet, and Dominator are all very close to Viper, Challenger, and Mustang... I think it's easier to 'get away' with that for non-licensing games. Saddler and Granger looking almos exactly like a Ford Superduty or Chevy Suburban? Again, of course they do. But a Jag XF or a LaFerrari are pretty unique so it's nice to see them try get away with such obvious unlicensed copies. I think the Gwagen (and especially the 6x6 Gwagen) are the most patently-ripped off ones but because the 6x6 was DLC, probably not worth it for Mercedes to make a big deal out of it. Game has got pretty great cars, though, I gotta say. I never really play GTA for 'real life' cars... but I find myself treating GTA V like a Need For Speed sometimes... the sound and feel of Dewbauchees is pretty unique in an Aston Martin sort of way. The Banshee feels different than any other car, just as you'd expect from an oversteering beast like a Viper. Dubsta feels just as shitty-Jeep-handling as you'd expect from a Gwagen. Et cetera. I mean, it 'aint Forza or Gran Turismo but it's a lot closer to a decent Need for Speed game than past GTAs for cars.

Messrs Housers are trying to get everyone to purchase their wares not once, not twice, but thrice? The nerve of these brigands and modern day highwaymen! I hope everyone with punishes them for this boldness by waiting until it is three pence in a summer sale before buying, if at all. Surely that will teach them some manners befitting of proper gentlemen.
I read this, with your name and avatar somehow merged into a Mediator from Final Fantasy Tactics, written by Alexander Smith, and dressed sort of like a mix between a Mediator, Judge, and a decker, delivering this speech atop a box along a dirt road full of merchants with wagons and squires with leather armour and swords weary from a bad crop and foreign wars in desperate need of a boogieman, a strawman upon to throw their foul tidings and ill will, and it brought me great joy.

actual_1410520835.jpg

I know some of the cars in GT5 closely mimic other cars, but looks almost identical to the rear of a Lexus LFA, without the tri-exaust in the center

2012-lexus-lfa-rear-three-quarters-view2.jpg

No, this is the gta version of the Ferrari Italia. Was already in the.main game and has nothing to do with the ugly Lexus. :p

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
As long as the delay is for bug-fixing and optimsation and the game runs like a dream on my PC then I'm happy to wait.

The problem however is this: will I have the fortitude to resist buying the PS4 version first?

Lol at some of the people in this thread. Really. Reverse the roles and you'd get the EXACT same responses. But I guess it comes with the territory when you're passionate with something.

Also to the people who're saying: "Oh well just pirate it!"

Yeah let's do that to make sure releases go from delays to nonexistent products. Good job.

We don't even need hypothetical role reversals. Console gamers lose their shit all the time at the slightest hint of disparity between console versions of the same games. Games, mind you, that are released at the same time across both platforms. Much bigger debates have been had on GAF over smaller platform disparities on consoles. Yet when it happens to the PC suddenly it's silly and overreacting. It's partly a lack of empathy and partly smug satisfaction seeing these reactions.

Cc23830

Been sat here patiently waiting since selling my ps3 to fund my day one ps4. Many evenings spent doubting myself, watching as my ps4 got more and more dusty with barely any play time. Then an announcement. A dream come true. Then rumours of a delay but alas, November I get to revisit my favourite city. Yeeeeeeeh!

Top Bottom