• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

There is a reason to delay the PC version except for milking the userbase?

In an interview, Rockstar Producer Dan Houser said "The reason we're delaying it on PC is to hopefully get triple-dippers and to milk our userbase."

Actually, they said the opposite, that optimization on PC takes longer than consoles and they want to get it right. There was an interview posted like 20 pages ago that I can't find.

In an interview, Rockstar Producer Dan Houser said "The reason we're delaying it on PC is to hopefully get triple-dippers and to milk our userbase."

Actually, they said the opposite, that optimization on PC takes longer than consoles and they want to get it right. There was an interview posted like 20 pages ago that I can't find.

I'm fine with that. My PC plays modern games on max settings pretty well and GTAIV has always ran like shit. Optimize GTAV for as long as it takes, please.

UrbanRats

Was it an interview, or just the comment R* posted in their comments section?

I hope they add a custom playlist option.
Do you mean for music? Because the PS4 doesn't support saving music to your HDD yet, so how could that possibly work on PS4? Personally I would count it an epic fail on Sony's part if they don't have that feature up and running on their consoles before GTA V's release, because yeah it's crying out for custom music.

Loudninja

Do you mean for music? Because the PS4 doesn't support saving music to your HDD yet, so how could that possibly work on PS4? Personally I would count it an epic fail on Sony's part if they don't have that feature up and running on their consoles before GTA V's release, because yeah it's crying out for custom music.
I mean for the ingame music.

If there's just one Property based on Trevor Philips Industries and an additional garage in the Grand Senora Desert, then I'll be fully satisfied. I don't need other new Properties or Safehouses, however nice that would be. Free-roam Heists would just be icing on the cake at this point. Just let me do new Trevor Philips Industries repeatable missions, park more Ballers, Super Diamonds, Felons, and Saddlers out in Sandy Shore, and let me drive around the sandy dunes and oil fields first-person in a Dubsta wearing a RonOIL hat and listening to Gaslamp Killer's Nissim...

Kezen

Banned
I'm fine with that. My PC plays modern games on max settings pretty well and GTAIV has always ran like shit. Optimize GTAV for as long as it takes, please.

You don't seriously believe they are "optimizing", do you ?
As stated multiple times this is purely a business decision, Rockstar try to curb the piracy rate.

Simple as that.

Seanspeed

Banned
As stated multiple times this is purely a business decision, Rockstar try to curb the piracy rate.

Simple as that.
I really don't think its that simple, nor does this do much to curb piracy.

My guess is just that they are putting high priority on finishing up the console versions in the next couple months and after that, they will focus on getting the PC version as good as they can. So it does have something to do with 'optimization', but it doesn't necessarily mean PC is getting a bunch of extra effort compared to the console versions or anything.

psn

Simple as that.
I don't think so. Just days after the release the first cheats and trainers released, also working online. A working anti cheat tool might take some additional time and optimization for all the different hardware, OS etc etc. I don't want a second GTA IV release for PC TBH.

I could see it being part of optimization and porting only in the sense that they put 1-2 guys on the job while everyone else focuses on PS4/XB1 to get it out before December holiday season lol that's about it though. Even the advanced movie maker that is exclusive to the PC version... No reason to delay for that. They never delayed PS3 version for the map editor so I wouldn't buy that reason. I would believe if it wasn't optimized well yet but only because they're not trying very hard. They could probably have all 3 versions ready at a different date, such as mid December maybe. But if faced with all 3 versions in mid December vs consoles in Nov and PC in Jan, they'll always take the latter. Their shareholders would kill them if they didn't make that choice. Getting in store shelves before December is just too important.

Raptor

Fuck I cant wait for this, somedays I will pretend Im a maniac and kill as many animals in the game then have the police to chase as many stars as possible and go to the mountains and have an all out war there untill I can no longer sustain it and go to a airplane carefully hidden and go and crash at some lake or something, of course playing as that maniac dude whats the name?

Dabanton

Can't wait to play in a 32 person room online.

It's going to be chaos. I expect a lot of bounties will be made. I'll be collecting lots of them. I wonder if they'll allow 32 player races?

One great thing, at least we can have proper gang wars in free roam now.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'll be fearing the worst if we don't get any news this week. We should at least hear it's gone gold since it releases in 8 days.

Yeah, release is the 18th. You would think it would have gone gold by now though, not that I ever pay attention to when other games go gold so I could be wrong.

whiteape

Do we have Simpsonsday today?

neosimpsons.png

Top Bottom