• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

c0Zm1c

Who'd have thought the game would end up being ready to ship on two different platforms at the same time, but not the third, hmm. Hmm? Hmm...

LCGeek

formerly sane
It's like buying a Wii U, and then complaining about the lack of third party support.

Except it's not.

reality is that most GTA game and addons have shown up on the pc within a reasonable amount of time. Why you likened a situation involving nintendo to the pc platform is beyond me. Nintendo has only enjoyed a few gta titles and rockstar basically wants nothing to do with them.

I hope in the new versions you can drive and blowup/derail trains and trams.

Probably wont happen though but I expect PC modding to do it.

There's an event that lets you do that... Not the story mission, but one of the repeatable activities spawns a unique train that can be destroyed. But yeah, wish the regular spawning trains were more like San Andreas.

There's an event that lets you do that... Not the story mission, but one of the repeatable activities spawns a unique train that can be destroyed. But yeah, wish the regular spawning trains were more like San Andreas.

You would think that if trains can be destroyed like in that mission they could enable it for freeroam aswell. Weird.

I think it's a memory thing. As you said, if the art asset is there, then why not use it. I suppose because it takes less memory to have a static non-destructible that operates linearly as a constant in the game world than to have one has to be dynamic and processed non-linearly. Same reason the game lacks interiors, garages are separate zones loaded into out-of-world, switching characters in free roam has loading times and can freeze the game, or the game often only spawns 3-4 car types at once or your last car or nearby cars de-spawn so fast. Not enough to memory to have so much dynamic art processed at once.

New version should improve all these areas. I wouldn't be surprised to see the destructible train in it, and even with improved destruction from the new damage model.

They haven't said anything about resolution on the new consoles, right?

I'm going to be pissed if it's not 1080p on the PS4. The fact that they haven't said anything has me expecting the worst.

Cubed

I think some are cautious because Watch Dogs was 900p/30fps on PS4.

I believe Rockstar will get to 1080/30 on PS4 (likely 900/30 on XB1), but I understand the hesitation.

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if there will be some sort of upgrade program. For example, a $30 download if you had it on XB1 or PS4. Or would this be bad for business/improbable?

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if there will be some sort of upgrade program. For example, a $30 download if you had it on XB1 or PS4. Or would this be bad for business/improbable?
Probably not going to happen. But I bet there will be some great black Friday sales where it will be a loss leader.

Fjordson

They haven't said anything about resolution on the new consoles, right?

I'm going to be pissed if it's not 1080p on the PS4. The fact that they haven't said anything has me expecting the worst.
I'd say there's a good chance of 1080p.

Wouldn't really take their silence about it as a good or bad omen, though. For years R* has been more secretive than most about their games. Even with small details like that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder who's willing to bet this game will be more technically impressive than watch dogs, while running at 1080p on PS4 to boot....

-raises hand-

I hope the increased LOD allows the cars to have higher top speeds. I always felt that the cars maxed out too soon, as if there was a cap set on the speed because the game couldn't keep up if they were allowed to go any faster.

mocoworm

How do you think achievements/trophies will work?

I already have all the online cheevs. Will they all pop agian at once as soon as I get my profile transferred?

Personally, I hope they have all new cheevs.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I already have all the online cheevs. Will they all pop agian at once as soon as I get my profile transferred?

Personally I am hoping they completely do away with online achievements and make it single player needed to complete platinum.

Also remove the horrible stunt jump and helicopter under the bridge trophies. I hated those so much.

Alienous

Where have you heard that? In their recent post on the Playstation blog they said "increased resolution", and I immediately got suspicious.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had a reply.

The trailer footage, direct feed from a PS4, is direct feed 1080p.

I guess it isn't a confirmation, though.

EDIT:
I just checked, the images taken from the PS4 version are also 1080p.

eso76

I hope the increased LOD allows the cars to have higher top speeds. I always felt that the cars maxed out too soon, as if there was a cap set on the speed because the game couldn't keep up if they were allowed to go any faster.

So they can be modded to go as fast as the jets in the game ??
I don't think so (could be wrong) so streaming must not be the issue.

Besides I think cars are already going too fast in the game, but that's because I like looking at every detail in the environment

Nzyme32

But PC does need polishing it's been proven that the PC version is still getting updates. Just yesterday an entire depot was pushed on SteamDB
http://steamdb.info/sub/36424/history/

That doesn't really say anything as we don't know what is in it.
They might just have split language to depot, so it can be optional download instead of downloading all languages.

True. Although randomly a couple of weeks ago Rockstar started messing with San Andreas for the first time since it launched way back when. They briefly forgot to password protect it and some of SteamGAF briefly got to test it and it has actual improvements including xinput with working triggers finally. So maybe something could go on with the others too

TCRS

Banned
glad I waited, I mean it was kind of obvious that they are going to release it for the new gen as well. looking forward to it. but I'm cautious with my hype because of GTA IV. I bought that super expensive special edition for that one and it was lame (the game, the bag and the box etc were great).

IMACOMPUTA

glad I waited, I mean it was kind of obvious that they are going to release it for the new gen as well. looking forward to it. but I'm cautious with my hype because of GTA IV. I bought that super expensive special edition for that one and it was lame (the game, the bag and the box etc were great).
GTA V is a major improvement on GTA IV in almost every way.

There's no way this will run at 60fps on the consoles...no way at all. 1080p is a given though

It's possible. Infamous First Light is open world and it ran pretty close to 60fps at 1080p. It might be unlikely with GTAV since the PS4/XB1 are still relatively new and developers are still learning how to optimize but it is entirely possible.

I hope at least all the online trophies pop. Farming to 100 took me a while ;)

Don't care about single player trophies I'll gladly do all of those again.

It would be great if they also added a couple other small things like new hairstyles, beards, clothes and taunts.Be it online or in solo.

Anything that would make it so your characters feels more unique when online, or just having more options while in solo.

True. Although randomly a couple of weeks ago Rockstar started messing with San Andreas for the first time since it launched way back when. They briefly forgot to password protect it and some of SteamGAF briefly got to test it and it has actual improvements including xinput with working triggers finally. So maybe something could go on with the others too

Wait, SA has controller support on PC?

Nzyme32

Wait, SA has controller support on PC?

The new beta does, but they locked it with a password about 20mins after they put it up, which is standard practise for the beta depots or whatever people test out. Not sure when/if they will actually put the update out but it definitely works and exists

forrest

formerly nacire
Called it. Take2 and rockstar have gone at this with full business mentality. Avoid canibilisation of sales via the PC and maximise the console sales. Inevitably a fair few will end up getting both. I'm perfectly fine waiting anyway

Case and point

His extra sale can be my lost sale. I'm just not supporting these kind of practices anymore. This will be the first GTA I pass on.

Rembrandt

Banned
It's possible. Infamous First Light is open world and it ran pretty close to 60fps at 1080p. It might be unlikely with GTAV since the PS4/XB1 are still relatively new and developers are still learning how to optimize but it is entirely possible.

Infamous's open world isn't comparable to GTAV's, though.

The new beta does, but they locked it with a password about 20mins after they put it up, which is standard practise for the beta depots or whatever people test out. Not sure when/if they will actually put the update out but it definitely works and exists

Is there no way I can get it? Been waiting a long time to play the older GTA games with controller support!

Fjordson

It would be great if they also added a couple other small things like new hairstyles, beards, clothes and taunts.Be it online or in solo.

Anything that would make it so your characters feels more unique when online, or just having more options while in solo.
I remember someone in the official thread pointing out new cosmetic items in some of the screens and trailers, so I'm sure there will be some new stuff for at least the single-player.

If it has a new beard model for Trevor, equip-able holdall shoulder bags for roleplaying free roam heists, more modifications for the SUVs especially the Ranger Rovers (Gallivanter Ballers) on par with the Gwagens (Dubstas), and new and improved gun models and sounds, I'll be pretty satisfied. It it has new crime activities, new repeatable crime missions like the smuggling runs, and new properties, then I'll be ecstatic. If they still sneak in free roam/online heists, then... /takemymoney.gif

I'm still playing GTA V every day. As Trevor, CEO of Trevor Philips Industries, last night I drove around on a dirt bike wearing a tank top and wayfarers a la A Place Beyond The Pines holding up gas stations. Then, I cruised around the Grand Senora desert in a Baller dressed bespokely in a tan suit like the drug kingpin from Michael Mann's Miami Vice, complete with the beard and receding hair, just start small random fights with roaming Lost bikers. Then, I grabbed one of my highway speeders from the garage to head back into the LS, and I started a huge 25 NPC shootout between Vagos gang members and police, and I spent probably 45 minutes running through the south LS projects, jumping fences and using various yards for cover. To take a break, I through on my jean jacket and jumped on the rare chopper bike and spent 20 minutes or so with the music and HUD turned off and just cruising the highway. And, to end, I replayed a mission, which I like to do at least once a play session, and I went with Blitz Play since GTA V is so full of Michael Mann's Heat references, including everything from Lester and his house and even its East LS location being completely based on Kelso and his house and location, or Trevor even having the exact same clown tattoo (the exact same tattoo was used on an Aryan Brotherhood thug in Mann's Miami Vice, too, for the trivia-interested) as Heat's Waingro .

Tonight, I'll likely try start a Ballas versus Vagos gang war again, and maybe go steal truck trailers from Fort Zancudo with an army semi-truck. Maybe start a 4-Star police alert and go have shootouts in the subway... I haven't done that very much and it's probably one of the coolest and most detailed locations in the game that is almost completely unutilized. Either that or Chumash. Actually, maybe I'll find a truck with a boat trailer to steal, and take that out Chumash boat ramp, launch it, and go explore. I spent most of my time free roaming the Chiliad wilderness and Grand Senora desert.

Get Trevor to give Michael and Franklin a call to hangout, dress them all up in masks and combat gear, get a stolen armoured police van, and get the Vagos, Ballas, and cops involved, and you got a pretty big shootout... war... started.

Get Trevor to give Michael and Franklin a call to hangout, dress them all up in masks and combat gear, get a stolen armoured police van, and get the Vagos, Ballas, and cops involved, and you got a pretty big shootout... war... started.

I didn't even know that was possible. Whenever the cops arrive when I'm hanging out with one of the other protagonists, they leave me hanging the moment they can.

I remember someone in the official thread pointing out new cosmetic items in some of the screens and trailers, so I'm sure there will be some new stuff for at least the single-player.

That's good to read! Hope they went full on with it and added a good chunk of new stuff then!

Top Bottom