• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games announces Decima Engine (Death Stranding, Horizon, Killzone)

Audioboxer

I mean outside of ND GG are technical wizards as well. Not surprised Kojima chose them.

Such a shame all the work on the engine they done at Konami had to totally get left behind.

lol at Cerny jabbing Konami. Sony knows Konami ain't making anything good in the future confirmed.

Sony own the IP
Sony own the engine.

The only "proof" of a PC version was some moderator on the PlayStation EU forums saying it might come to PC after the Kojima x Sony announcement last year.

This thing is locked down tighter then North Korea.

Even after the Sony deal he said it would come out on PC too.
I think he also said during the MGS 5 developement, that he dislices platform exclusives.

SarusGray

LxmYABf.png

From that same link.

Anyone else still believes it's fully PS4 exclusive?

I don't.

JP

That all sounded like a pretty intimate setup between all parties. I'm such a fan of Kojima and it's really good to see him happy, comfortable and feeling positive about what he's doing.

I'd love to see the faces of which ever Konami board members treated the way they did when Death Stranding finally releases and they tart to understand what a men they made.

Elandyll

Banned
I don't think it necessarily means a PC version is "impossible", but I wouldn't expect it any time soon tbh.
Like 1yr + away maybe.

LostDonkey

So is it the same engine as Horizon or just based on the same code.

And why not go with the Uncharted 4 engine?

Maybe the open world Horizon pull is better for his vision.

LxmYABf.png

From that same link.

Anyone else still believes it's fully PS4 exclusive?

Sony owns the copyright for the game. If Kojima Productions own it I would still totally be on the "its coming to PC later" train but not now we know Sony owns it.

It could maybe still happen but I have doubts. We will have years to wait and see and I am sure someone will ask someone at Sony eventually.

Originally I thought it was a 1 game deal where Kojima could then make the 2nd game mutiplatform if he chose but that cant happen now sony owns it.

Maybe the deal changed?

Must be pretty nice to be Kojima right now.

He can literally make whatever the fuck he wants because everyone is willing to throw any amount of money at him to make it happen.

JP

So is it the same engine as Horizon or just based on the same code.

And why not go with the Uncharted 4 engine?

Maybe the open world Horizon pull is better for his vision.
The same engine, both studios are actually building the engine now and improvements by either team goes back into the code and is available to both teams.

Death Stranding is practically 1st party.

SIE funding and publishing.
Cerny (PS4 lead architect) is the Technical Producer.
Guerrilla Games engine.
SIE visual arts studio doing all motion capture work.

PC release was mentioned at the project inception (prior to choosing engine, going on a worldwide trip) but I'm not so sure anymore.

Agreed.

Herman Hulst of Guerilla Games and Mark Cerny are also at the Death Stranding panel talking about working with Kojima.

What a combo.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sony are probably getting plenty of the money from the PC release(all of it?) in addition to the PS4 version with their level of investment.

JP

Could my lifelong dreams of a Hideo Kojima Marble Madness game actually be possible after all these years of waiting?

I didn't actually have a dream of Hideo Kojima Marble Madness game but now that I've though of it...

Tripolygon

Banned
Just because the engine is owned by Sony doesn't mean it can't come on PC. Sony also owns engines that have been used for PC, Xbox360 and Xbox One games.

I wonder if Sony is doing some behind-the-scenes deals with the actors signing on. I'm sure they're getting paid regardless, but there might be some "if you do this, we'll give you a part in __ Sony Pictures film".

Belakor

Banned
Doesn't mean it's still PS4 exclusive.All I can say is that they truly wanted PS4 Pro to shine and promote PS4 regardless of a PC version,so that's with they allied with Guerilla which have greatly optimized engines for Playstation

I still bet it's gonna be a timed exclusive

Loudninja

Cerny even just said that on the tech side things turned into more of a collaboration than they thought. I bet that's true for much of the project. It was initially thought to be more of a partnership, but as Sony has given him free reign to all of their resources it's grown to far closer to an in-house first party project than predicted.
Yeah this is all updated stuff we got today.

Sony owns the Death Stranding IP, but there could be a deal between Kojima and them, so that later on a PC Version is coming.

maybe that was one of the requirements to get Kojima on board. And i mean, its not like Sony won't profit from a PC Version

Top Bottom