• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
for wood you just follow the farming path online guides have

for ore nodes just look up gw2efficiency, a single character run gave me 150+ iron and 150+ platinum

generally if you have chars with completed maps you'd have no trouble farming

I've been multilooting Tarir every so often, hoarding all the champ bags that I get from it and then opening those bags on a level 55 character. I have more linen, plat and and hardwood than I know what to do with x_X

Boss Doggie

I've been multilooting Tarir every so often, hoarding all the champ bags that I get from it and then opening those bags on a level 55 character. I have more linen, plat and and hardwood than I know what to do with x_X

ooo I didn't know the champ bag scales with whoever opens them

W0jwhWA.gif

ZYM7Hzl.gif

With regards from a certain Shaman who data-mines:O

That's the envoy staff from GW1. The legendary armor is called Envoy Armor, but we haven't seen any direct involvement with the envoys from GW1 yet and we don't know what the rest of the 2nd collection looks like, which gives me hope that the envoys will have a bigger role in the LS and the rest of the legendary armor collection...... but in my heart I know it will just be more gem store BS :(.

I believe the "scales with magic find" bags always provide level 80-ish gear so you don't have to bother saving those.

Yeah, the blue/green bags from HoT don't scale with level, they always give 80 gear. But the exotic rarity bags (Fallen Adventurer's Backpack, Heirloom Seed Pouch, Feather Lined Pouch, Noxious Seed Pod) will scale with level

Related useful tool: http://silverwastes.loltools.net/

Quenk

Third weekly Vale Guardian kill in a row that I gotten a reward specific to him.XD I got two of the minis, and now tonight I got the GS. Probably one of nicer weapons from the raid area.

Congrats! Personally I think the mushroom hammer and white mantle weapons are my favourites from the raid.

Wanderer5

Vale Guardian greatsword, Slothasor Mushroom hammer, and Matthias' Staff are probably my favorites, but the overall selection of weapons in raid doesn't look bad at all.

Also man the bloodstone visage looks cool, but...

Boss Doggie

wow, I thought the new events would be hard, but it was easy

lucked out on Moa though, that thing dies fast

Wanderer5

Pretty much got the new current event done right before the update came to make it better in terms of indicating if the spawn already happened and killed.:p

Also lol the sound effect for the visage was actually a bug.XD

Clearos

3 more creatures to go. Glad the Olympics are on during the 30 min break and mob killing for spawn.

On a side note. I have 3 of my friends returning to GW2 after a year+ hiatus. One is skilled ( I view that as looking at raid videos and able to adapt in a try or 2) and two that are in the middle with careless mistakes but otherwise can grasp concepts and strategies.

Skilled friend: Guardian/Engy
1 MoR: Ele
1 MoR: Rev (he refuses to be anything but support/heals and I thought druid would be too difficult)

I'm torn between Warrior and Necro for once i get them to T4 and raids. Warrior has PS and Necro can tank raids.
Are T4 fractals that big of a pain without a necro/mes for boon stripping?

*I already have a geared out Rev, Ele for raids so I rather just focus on a 3rd class and not try to do both.

Sorry for the poor grammar, English is my first language.

Are T4 fractals that big of a pain without a necro/mes for boon stripping?

YES :( Your guardian friend will have an awful time in T4 fractals until they change the boon thieves instability. Guards give a lot of retaliation and protection, which the mobs can steal on that instability. Retal will kill your low health party members very fast and protection on mobs is annoying af. Pugs will kick guardians out of their groups, it's that bad.

I wouldn't want to go into T4 fractals without a necro or a competent mesmer, tbh. The instabilities they introduced makes it basically mandatory. It was intended to encourage a different play style, but it just forces team comps to include certain classes (necro/mesmer) and exclude others (guardian).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey folks, I won't be home to host missions this Saturday 8/13, I am going to Boston for the weekend!

Will scope out if somebody else is available to lead.

Anet didn't want to refund the 2nd copper-fed salvage-o-matic so I could buy something else :-(

I bought 2 when they released cuz account bag slots weren't a thing.

2nd one has been on my warrior alt, so not used as much as on my main but it's been 3 years, which is main reason for why they denied the request.

Even asked if they would allow me to gift 2nd one to a guild member without refunding and they wouldn't do it.

I, again, apologize that you are unhappy with the outcome of this request, however we've already told you that we will not be offering you a refund, or anything similar to this. This includes other items of equal value, or offering to move it to another player/account. I understand the situation with the harvesting tools was different at that time, but I also said we generally do not offer the refunds. There have been many occasions where players requested refunds for issues like this, and we do not always accommodate those requests, this is going to be one of those instances.

:-( booo anet!!!

[MEOW] is considering offering Raid Wing 1 (Forsaken Thicket - Spirit Vale) teaching runs to raid newbies on Saturday nights each week going forward. We'd teach the encounters in detail and help with build suggestions and the like. We would generally be aiming to clear the full wing and grabbing as many achievements as we can on the way too.

Would anyone here be interested in attending? We would take at most two people along each week, planning for the same 9:00 PM EDT slot GAF usually reserves for guild missions, and you would need to reserve about two hours for it, just to be safe. Feel free to mention it to friends if you want to bring someone along with you.

The only rules we have are that you have to show up ready and on time, try your best, and have a good attitude. We will have a Discord channel, so you need to have it installed and running before we start. You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but all instructions we give will be via voice chat.

Please reserve a spot ahead of time if you are able! Quote this post and get the link hidden at the bottom in the email tags to our Discord channel. Leave us a message there with your GW2 account name, and we will work out which times we will be available for you to join. Thanks!

DrAg0nBoY

I would be interested. I do suck at the game and would try to bring my revenant. There are only two things. I am from Europe, so the time is 3 AM here and I would play on my shitty laptop, lol.

But if you would take someone like me with you and teach me, I would love to try it.

Also a question for all. How do you go about the map completition? I would like to try that on atleast one of my characters, but I just can't bring myself to do everyhing to get 100 % on a map. Any tips or tricks?

Quenk

I would be interested. I do suck at the game and would try to bring my revenant. There are only two things. I am from Europe, so the time is 3 AM here and I would play on my shitty laptop, lol.

But if you would take someone like me with you and teach me, I would love to try it.

Also a question for all. How do you go about the map completition? I would like to try that on atleast one of my characters, but I just can't bring myself to do everyhing to get 100 % on a map. Any tips or tricks?

As Levyne said, Netflix is great for it. I watched so many episodes while finishing up map completion. Another thing is to try to just do one map a day even if you are going to play more than that.

These maps are old and somewhat outdated but I found them useful for my second map completion: http://www.darkronins.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1456052

Wanderer5

I'll likely be interested in the newbie runs sometime, since it probably be nice checking out the raid area with a different (and more experience) group while I still have yet to seen a lot of the raid.:p Still learning Gorevsal at this point (my group thankfully came back to him and we finally made some progress), and for now only run PS Berserker.

Morokh

I found all the slivers by myself, accidentally stumbled on the crazed Moa doing a gathering run, and today I tried to go after the others ....

Even after reading Dulfy's page on the event I still don't have a clue how this thing is supposed to work ...

10/10 ! would play again !
/s

I would be interested.

I'll likely be interested in the newbie runs sometime, since it probably be nice checking out the raid area with a different (and more experience) group while I still have yet to seen a lot of the raid.

If you want to reserve a spot for raiding with us on Saturday, please quote this post and get the link for the Discord channel (hidden by the email tags), and leave a message for us there confirming that you will be available.

I'll add this link to my original post too.

I've been enjoying raids more and more as I'm beating them. I hate bosses like Gorseval while I like bosses like Slothasor. The main frustration is that it's good content with a high barrier to entry. It'll take beating one or two bosses to overcome that barrier.

Indignate

I read that thread when it first went up and it's funny how so many people doubted they would do anything since you don't spend direct money on it.

The storm bow is up there for the coolest design they've ever done to me. I just wish they did it for all the weapons as none of my mains use a bow.

spiritfox

The change so that you can't leave immediately after a PvP match is annoying.

Also no one told me that the new season has started lol.

Wanderer5

Lol so cause of the soulbound bug from this update, not only have they shut down the servers for the time being, but now they are going to do a roll back to prior to this morning's update.

Pro

Is anyone having trouble connecting? My account wouldn't login. Went for a password reset and the URL to reset your password times out as well. Seems like the GW account servers are jacked up right now.

spiritfox

Ah crap Gifts of Might and Magic are different from Gifts of Condensed Might and Magic. Ugh, time to spend more money.

That I don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom