• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 4th year gift,
Level 40 scroll, 5 Tele to friend, a new dye gift like 3rd year, birthday card(5k Karma), 2 BD boosters, and new mail carrier plus choose from 5 city theme back peice, race city, LA not included...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Got 4th year gift,
Level 40 scroll, 5 Tele to friend, a new dye gift like 3rd year, birthday card(5k Karma), 2 BD boosters, and new mail carrier plus choose from 5 city theme back peice, race city, LA not included...
Cool I got dozens who would hit 4 soon!

Taffer

So far today I've had a chat tab rename itself, saw a guild hall NPC that changed their name to ((387300)) and best of all there was a Risen in Orr that was fighting a guild gathering banner. Bloodstone madness I reckon.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So it's best to go with precision for an engi that relies on conditions? The firearms spec favors precision, and helps with conditions so I was wondering.

Would like to join the GAF guild if there's space available.

My user id is error.6940

But I don't know if the guild is based on a different world from mine and if that could prevent me from joining.

I bought 3 character slots so I can make more characters to ignore. Woop

I hope they don't give out ugly backpacks for 4 years.

wait what are cats for

They appear in your home instance after you feed them and do cat stuff (i.e. nothing). They bring you dead birds and chase around snowballs. There's no achievement or reward associated with it, it's just a fun easter egg.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
on one hand the new CE is easy to do, on the other hand... you can only do it once per day :/

I bought 3 character slots so I can make more characters to ignore. Woop

I hope they don't give out ugly backpacks for 4 years.

They appear in your home instance after you feed them and do cat stuff (i.e. nothing). They bring you dead birds and chase around snowballs. There's no achievement or reward associated with it, it's just a fun easter egg.

hahahaha, I guess I won't bother with it, but that bolded part makes my sides go ballistic!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So I'm doing vanilla content left and right until I can afford Heart of Thorns (thank god for dat free tier), so I'm doing shit in Silverwastes, it's a good deal of fun so far, but all the *good* loot I get is for the wrong class and the stuff I get that works on my Ranger is just low level trash :(.

So I'm doing vanilla content left and right until I can afford Heart of Thorns (thank god for dat free tier), so I'm doing shit in Silverwastes, it's a good deal of fun so far, but all the *good* loot I get is for the wrong class and the stuff I get that works on my Ranger is just low level trash :(.

You probably have a fair amount of karma if you're max level and farming Silverwastes, have you seen the temple armor in Orr? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor You can buy a full exotic set for about 252k karma.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GAF Guild one question. Are there still mission runs on sunday at 3 PM or is this not happening anymore?
Makeups on Sundays are always a bit tentative due to availability of people to run/help. But if you mention in here in advance on a given weekend that you need them I will do whatever possible to be there or find somebody who can assist.

Can you not make the Saturday night 9pm runs?

Quenk

Makeups on Sundays are always a bit tentative due to availability of people to run/help. But if you mention in here in advance on a given weekend that you need them I will do whatever possible to be there or find somebody who can assist.

Can you not make the Saturday night 9pm runs?

He's in Europe so 9pm eastern is 3am his time.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guild Wars 2 really isn't the sort of game where you expect "good loot" to drop for your class. Yes, you can hope that maybe you'll get a neat exotic skin that you can unlock in your wardrobe or something along those lines, but you'll mostly be salvaging your incoming drops. Then with the mats you gather, either crafting what you want to have or (more likely) refining/selling the materials and buying what you really want off of the trading post.

Lots of people actually take the champ bags from silverwastes or similar events and specifically open them on a mid level character to salvage for the mid-tier materials.

Yeah I've taken to salvaging all the stuff I get in the wastes for karma and material, I've raised it from 4 to 45% in 2 days and got a full stock of mythril and plenty of higher tier materials as well. Just haven't been paying much attention to crafting and now I have to go around and get lower tier materials to advance. I kind of had the feeling this was the case so I got a fancy bow a couple days ago. So basically plan ahead of time for what kind of gear you want, find the most efficient way to farm materials/whatevers to get you there as fast as possible. Gotcha, that actually makes it more fun :)

You probably have a fair amount of karma if you're max level and farming Silverwastes, have you seen the temple armor in Orr? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor You can buy a full exotic set for about 252k karma.

Oh, so Karma has some cool use, every vendor so far has been kinda meh, I'll check it out, thanks. Loving the Silverwastes, anyway, it's a fun diversion, are there more large-scale event areas like that in the expansion pack? I guess I should check out the WvW stuff as well.

françois

Oh, so Karma has some cool use, every vendor so far has been kinda meh, I'll check it out, thanks. Loving the Silverwastes, anyway, it's a fun diversion, are there more large-scale event areas like that in the expansion pack? I guess I should check out the WvW stuff as well.

All expansion maps have the these map wide events. Dragon's stand is pretty much one big event, the others have seperate event chains that culminate in one big event.

All four maps in the expac have their own large-scale map wide group events. Unlike Silverwastes though, they're on a timer, so it's harder to pop in whenever. Still good fun and very cool to see the first time, especially Dragon's Stand.

I think the original idea behind the gameplay of the Silverwastes was to emulate WvW in PvE (guarding forts, upgrading them, etc), so yeah you might like WvW too.

Matty8787

So... I have not played in over 2 years.. Worth coming back? I have a lvl 72 ranger but would consider starting over.. I also do not have HoTS yet..

PatDH

So... I have not played in over 2 years.. Worth coming back? I have a lvl 72 ranger but would consider starting over.. I also do not have HoTS yet..

I just restarted playing a few days ago. Have a lv. 80 Ranger from when I played at launch but started a new character, a Norn Warrior, & am really enjoying it so far.

Holding off on buying HoT for now. Definitely worth coming back & seeing if you enjoy it :)

Matty8787

I just restarted playing a few days ago. Have a lv. 80 Ranger from when I played at launch but started a new character, a Norn Warrior, & am really enjoying it so far.

Holding off on buying HoT for now. Definitely worth coming back & seeing if you enjoy it :)

Ok cool I tthink I will start again too.

I take it most of you guys are NA server?

spiritfox

Is it ok to freely talk about the latest LS episode now?

Anyway, do you think we'll see a new zone next episode?
We've pretty much covered the current map, plus the end of the episode points to new happenings elsewhere. Or maybe we'll start going more underground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom