• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo out on PS4 now! (2GB , PS+ Required)

Astarte

Okay lemme get this straight.

1. Register Honk Kong PSN
2. Buy Honk kong PSN cards
3. Purchase game on HK account. Set account to primary.
4. Play HK game on US account and hopefully should have japanese/english dubs and english sub?

that should be all true right?

You don't even need to set the account to primary. Just buy it, download it, go to your main account and enjoy. Just download the patch and you'll be able to have english everything.

Ferrio

Banned
You don't even need to set the account to primary. Just buy it, download it, go to your main account and enjoy. Just download the patch and you'll be able to have english everything.

My location will still show US and all that right? Damn, how many hours until HK release?

I'll need to get home before then.

edit: Also will I be screwed with future DLC?

Okay lemme get this straight.

1. Register Honk Kong PSN
2. Buy Honk kong PSN cards
3. Purchase game on HK account. Set account to primary.
4. Play HK game on US account and hopefully should have japanese/english dubs and english sub?

that should be all true right?
Yep! And get Elphelt for free.

Only downside is that you're going to have to buy HK DLC, but it's not too much of a problem.

Astarte

My location will still show US and all that right? Damn, how many hours until HK release?

I'll need to get home before then.

edit: Also will I be screwed with future DLC?

You'll be set as US because you'll be in the US and you'll have a US connection :V
Just a different game. Also yeah, you'll need to buy/download all the DLC with HK bucks

Volcynika

Blah. Thought it'd be up a bit later. I should be home in the next couple hours and finish up the thread and post it, sorry I'm a bit late on this guys and gals :(

Bob White

Worried about censorship on the HK version...

I'm thinking of just getting the JP version and biting the bullet for Elphelt when she's released. For some reason I'm thinking more things can go wrong with the HK version. But I could be wrong

Bob White

Any ETA on Elphelt on the store?

No idea sadly. Though someone else may no. Also, sorry to the people who know all this shit and are tired of the questions. I've been semi lurking and not really paying much attention. But now that I know the game has cross region play I'm in "I need this shit now" mode.

Can somebody confirm if the story mode of the japanese version is in english, please? That's like my most hyped game ever, I just need that bit of info to get down to business!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Completely ready to grab the HK version.

Tu101uk

Can somebody confirm if the story mode of the japanese version is in english, please? That's like my most hyped game ever, I just need that bit of info to get down to business!
Yes, English patch is confirmed with JP version, all voices and text in Story mode in English it seems.

That's great for me, might not need to get a European version now (unless it's for the PS4)...

Yes, English patch is confirmed with JP version, all voices and text in Story mode in English it seems.

That's great for me, might not need to get a European version now (unless it's for the PS4)...

Thanks a lot!
The game isn't even annonced here in europe, and I can barely wait two weeks for the us release! I'll grab some play-asia code!

SystemUser

I have never given Guilty Gear serious try. I have played a tiny bit of GG on the OG Xbox and BlazBlue last gen. I never learned to play them. I just saw random stuff frying off I didn't understand. When I heard people talk about GG it always sounded so technical. I like simple SF2 style games. I like the way SF4 plays and the nostalgia of it. I am a casual fighting game fan.

I am super embarrassed that I can't complete the tutorial. I can't do the number 47 clash and attack (or dash or air dash). I have been able to everything else preceding this, but I can't figure out the timing for this. I have completed the arcade mode with Ky Kiske. I just can't figure out this clash and attack timing.

I am not worried about being competitive in the game because I don't play fighting games online. I really like the style/tech of the graphics and there is enough of the game that I am able to play. I can complete the other moves that I have tried so far, but I am not sure if I will be quick enough to use them properly. I will be able to at least follow what is going on in GG videos now. The move set seems like it allows for really creative play, but it seems like it is sort of out of my league.

I am going to keep trying to learn to clash.

UPDATE: I was able to perform one once, but I didn't really see it. I can make the counter indicator flash for both players, but I think I fail to land an attack quickly enough.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You shouldn't really worry about clashes, they sorta just happen randomly in matches.

It can trigger danger time though which can lead to high damage combos

Gears

So I'm very new to GG, but I gotta say, Faust is probably the coolest fighting game character design I've seen in a while. I must play as him

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I'm very new to GG, but I gotta say, Faust is probably the coolest fighting game character design I've seen in a while. I must play as him

5Be0aUW.gif

SystemUser

Faust seems interesting, but Bedman, the bed mech, is my favorite that I have seen so far.

You shouldn't really worry about clashes, they sorta just happen randomly in matches.

It can trigger danger time though which can lead to high damage combos

It still bothers means that I haven't completed the tutorial. I think I have clocked over an hour in the game.

Is the demo still available now that the game has officially been released? I heard some great things so I went to download the demo (PS4, have PS+), but the only option I see on the store is to purchase the full game.

Dugna

Is the demo still available now that the game has officially been released? I heard some great things so I went to download the demo (PS4, have PS+), but the only option I see on the store is to purchase the full game.

timed demo and will never be put up again from what we all know.

Top Bottom