• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

i1WL1Wn.gif

―Ξ GAF-Hop Archive: OT0 † OT1 † OT2 † OT3 † OT4 † OT5 † OT6 † OT7 † OT8 † OT9 † OT10 † OT11 † OT12 Ξ―​

Cheddahz said:
Let's ask the question "What is GAF-Hop, really?" again. It's a community of hip-hop nuts that has somehow survived five years on a gaming forum and damn, we should be celebrating this achievement…..but all we'll do is bitch and moan about how Schoolboy Q is much more successful than your favorite underground rapper or we'll laugh our asses off at the every other day Danny Brown mental breakdown (in which he complains about not being successful or whatever) and shit, we'll discuss plans on how to "hack" Just Blaze's Motorola, just so we can get our hands on the long awaited Jay Electronica album and you know what? The diversity of topics and the numerous artists/albums that we are able to discuss on a daily basis is how GAF-Hop has survived for the last five years and personally speaking, I've only been a member of the community for a year now and I'm thankful that I have a community I give two shits about on this forum. Let's not fall apart like Maybach Music and let's make the next five years even better than last five years (and hell, we might actually be discussing Jay Electronica's album by then (lol no).

Resources
About half of the music and topics posted in here usually comes from the various blogs that the Hoppers frequent. The following links are those very sites.

✠ 2Dopeboyz ✠ The Fader ✠ Fake Shore Drive ✠ Nahright ✠ Complex ✠ Potholes In My Blog ✠ HipHopDX ✠ HipHopAddictz ✠ Pigeons & Planes

And the other half comes from the user's own digging. Artists use various sites to upload their own material for sale or for free. The following are the most well known resources and using the site's respective filters, you can find a lot of music out there.

Bandcamp ✠ Audiomack ✠ LiveMixtapes ✠ DJ Booth ✠ DatPiff

tumblr_n1eyxcy6H31qjed6xo1_400.gif

Are you a Newb?...Let a Friendly GAF-Hopper Pick Ten Random Albums for You

OTUJLi9.png

―Ξ Other Years:† 2010 † 2011 † 2012 † 2013 † Ξ―​

Nfsko.png
✟ Q4 ✟ Q3 ✟ Q2 ✟ Q1

3jwUSjV.png

MDTBF > CD > LR > GD > WTT >
mjcry1.png
>
dahell2.png

ATLiens > Aquemini

Supreme Clientele > OB4CL

Take Care > most of Jay's discography

GOAT is still Ghostface Killah

Count still aint shit

Rihanna will never surpass "We Found Love"

how dusty is 1980s rap tho

#factsonly

deli2000

the fuck man...

Clientele is way way better than Cuban Linx fam. Ghostface almost outdoes Raekwon on his own album.

Liquid Swords > Enter The Wu Tang > Supreme Clientele > Return To The 36 Chambers > Cuban Linx > Wu Tang Forever > All the other nonsense

JohnDoe

Banned
Clientele is way way better than Cuban Linx fam. Ghostface almost outdoes Raekwon on his own album.

Liquid Swords > Enter The Wu Tang > Supreme Clientele > Return To The 36 Chambers > Cuban Linx > Wu Tang Forever > All the other nonsense
Idk how that makes it worse than Supreme Clientele :p
But I'll be honest, SC and OB4CL are pretty close... I just always preferred OB4CL, mainly because of the classic RZA production and its atmosphere.

Courage

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
tumblr_n64tlbBYUS1qimi3zo1_500.gif

2. Late Registration
tumblr_n6ebgx7f1v1r1tezoo5_500.gif

3. Yeezus
tumblr_mod0yuvges1qzpy7ko1_500.gif

4. 808s & Heartbreak
tumblr_nhj3b0Delu1ripbvlo1_500.gif

5. The College Dropout
tumblr_n6ebgx7f1v1r1tezoo6_500.gif

6. Graduation
tumblr_mou052lcyL1qe9psdo1_500.gif

JohnDoe

Banned
Might as well do this shit:

LR > CD > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation > Yeezus

Real talk: MBDTF has amazing moments all over it but it's way too bloated at times and is very flawed (the awful mastering being its most glaring flaw).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Ironman > Supreme Clientele before we start getting into "nonsense" like some of Method Man, ODB and Inspectah Decks solo projects.

Nibel

I agree that the cross and flipped A kinda scream edgy hipster, but what do I know

"It's not about racism anymore, it's about fuccboiism" - Kanye West, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom