• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I personally think it's despicable to blame people for not voting for Hillary (or whoever, really) or, in the case of YouTubers, to blame them for avoiding talking politics, but to each their own I guess.

Ethan's video is still a bit pointless and hypocritical - i.e. saying both candidates are awful, which, mind you, I agree with, is still a political opinion, so... -, but at least I can agree with his overarching point: much like celebrities, YouTubers shouldn't use YouTube as a platform for political talk because they don't know better than anyone else. Casey goes even further than that by shaming people and other YouTubers like a self-righteous prick.

Fame and exposure give you power and influence, but they don't give you wisdom, and in that, Ethan is right.

Btw from outside of the US both candidates do appear incredibly crazy and/or unlikeable assholes. We had a very similar situation here in France with Sarkozy vs Royal, where people were wondering which was the lesser evil. One seemed nasty, the other idiotic, and both overly ambitious, but even they don't seem as awful as the two clowns you guys have, so I can see why people would say you shouldn't vote for either. Wouldn't like to be in your shoes, honestly, but that's besides the point.

Tubie

I personally think it's despicable to blame people for not voting for Hillary (or whoever, really) or, in the case of YouTubers, to blame them for avoiding talking politics, but to each their own I guess.

Ethan's video is still a bit pointless and hypocritical - i.e. saying both candidates are awful, which, mind you, I agree with, is still a political opinion, so... -, but at least I can agree with his overarching point: much like celebrities, YouTubers shouldn't use YouTube as a platform for political talk because they don't know better than anyone else. Casey goes even further than that by shaming people and other YouTubers like a self-righteous prick.

Fame and exposure give you power and influence, but they don't give you wisdom, and in that, Ethan is right.

Btw from outside of the US both candidates do appear incredibly crazy and/or unlikeable assholes. We had a very similar situation here in France with Sarkozy vs Royal, where people were wondering which was the lesser evil. One seemed nasty, the other idiotic, and both overly ambitious, but even they don't seem as awful as the two clowns you guys have, so I can see why people would say you shouldn't vote for either. Wouldn't like to be in your shoes, honestly, but that's besides the point.

One of our candidates is probably the most qualified candidate the US has ever had for President, the other is a far right racist/xenophobe/bigot that wants to ban an entire religion from entering the US, among many many other bad things about him.

I'm sorry but no, they are not equally bad, not even close. Also, Hillary is neither idiotic or nasty like the candidates you used as an example, so that one doesn't work here at all (well kinda, since Trump is both those things lol).

Zemm

That's his worst video imo, some may have been unfunny or whatever but this one is just wow. He's talking complete and utter shit.

The comments on the Casey Neistat resoponse video and Joey Salads exposing video goes to show what kind of community H3H3 have cultivated with their bullshit pandering. This "both sides" shit is stupid and harmful.

depths20XX

The comments on the Casey Neistat resoponse video and Joey Salads exposing video goes to show what kind of community H3H3 have cultivated with their bullshit pandering. This "both sides" shit is stupid and harmful.

I just looked at the youtube comments on his Joey Salads video and most of them seem to be about calling Joey out for being exposed from what I see. Why are you using youtube comments as some sort of metric anyways? They're the diarrhea of commentary.

y2dvd

Lol YT comments are a cesspool for even the most innocent of videos.

Zemm

From his worst to one of his best videos. I love how happy and excited Ethan was in this video, also he kind of suits a tache.

Can the debate be an ambush ass beating? Can someone just pound Joey Salads into the concrete for real this time?

Seriously, fuck Joey Salads. (looking forward to the video)

kaskade

Good job Ethan. I'm glad he got some glory about being right about the black lives matter one. That was some grade A ass blasting. I saw that one posted on my facebook once or twice.

Joey finally got his salad ass munched. His thoroughly munched salad ass can how be relegated to the dumpster behind the salad bar. iDubbbz can later munch the remains of his rotted fuzzy salad ass for those crispy edgelord views.

The amount of times Salads had to think before answering was so god damn cringey. Good on Ethan for doing this but it was somehow so damn hard for me to watch. Hila's laughing at the Black Lives Matter being fake was the icing on the cake.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'll be honest: despite my hatred for what Joey Salads did and my contempt for Trump, I can't completely hate the dude. He's still a notch above the likes of SoFlo Antonio, the CSGO scammers, Prank Invasion, Tai Lopez, Prank Invasion or Coby Persin in my book. He's the only one who's come on the show and admitted the fakery. Like Ethan says, he's probably not an evil guy, but he's gotta get his life in check. He sounds more dumb and misguided than hateful.

Let's just hope he's being genuine about changing the direction of his channel and this is not a case of "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Eh, other pranksters have admitted their fakes similarly when caught red handed. Sam Pepper has admitted to faking & that dude GradeA debated on drama alert has come clean too. As scummy as they were at least they weren't trying to position their crappy fake pranks as sociological research and bolstering harmful & racist attitudes.

He's shown little to no genuine remorse in the aftermath too. It's really hard to muster any sympathy for young salad head.

nynt9

The "As Ken Bone enjoys his 15 minutes, SJW's sift through his Reddit history in an attempt to ruin his life." post he shows on the video is from the gamergate subreddit btw. I was kinda ticked off by the "ethics" tag by it and looked it up, and yep. Ethan is perpetuating GG rhetoric.

The "As Ken Bone enjoys his 15 minutes, SJW's sift through his Reddit history in an attempt to ruin his life." post he shows on the video is from the gamergate subreddit btw. I was kinda ticked off by the "ethics" tag by it and looked it up, and yep. Ethan is perpetuating GG rhetoric.

That didn't take long.

His point still stands, no matter where it came from. I didn't even know about that connection.

ZoddGutts

Someone sounds like a SJW.

Ethan made some great points and it was a hilarious video but then again Ethan said SJW so all the new videos are trash and it's time to unsub until he makes fun of someone that doesn't remind me of myself.

Oreoleo

A huge grin came over my face when I got the notification for the new video, "Leave Ken Bone Alone!" and in an instant knew what the mustache was for. Everyone was saying he looked like a pedo, Pablo Escobar etc, but the truth was so much sweeter.

But I winced as soon as Ethan said SJW, knew it was just gonna stir the pot and get people's panties twisted for no reason.

And "Hugh Mungus Bone" was nothing short of inspired. I was rolling.

Dislike of Gawker-style Gizmodo posts is perpetuating GG.

2016, y'all. Please read "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" and get back to me if you're still supporting piling on a private citizen like he's running for president.

Nah dude it's the fact that he got the name of that Reddit post about SJWs *from* the gamergate subreddit that makes people think he's perpetuating GG shit.

Regardless of that it was a good video, I just hope he doesn't regularly cruise that subreddit for stuff to react to because it's not a great place to be.

EDIT: On second passthrough, that whole thing about an article claiming that he had called a rape victim "disgusting" wasn't actually from an article or from a journalist at all, it was from a comment he seemingly misread and misquoted from that same Kotaku in Action thread. The overall point of the video still stands, but do your homework Ethan jeez. Don't claim something was written by a journalist and deleted from a website when it's a comment on Reddit that you didn't copy down correctly.

Lulubop

I'll be honest: despite my hatred for what Joey Salads did and my contempt for Trump, I can't completely hate the dude. He's still a notch above the likes of SoFlo Antonio, the CSGO scammers, Prank Invasion, Tai Lopez, Prank Invasion or Coby Persin in my book. He's the only one who's come on the show and admitted the fakery. Like Ethan says, he's probably not an evil guy, but he's gotta get his life in check. He sounds more dumb and misguided than hateful.

Let's just hope he's being genuine about changing the direction of his channel and this is not a case of "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

The fuck is this? Joey is way worse than those guys as well.

Top Bottom