• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Ethan moving with the screen door and the drone fuckin' slayed me, holy shit. I also appreciated him making an enormous mess of the pool toys and how he'd stop to shush Hila every few seconds in the beginning only to then make a huge amount of noise.

One of my favorite skits in a long time, felt like something stupid my friends and I would do.

Edit: Son of a bitch I got top 'o th' page'd

Fat4all

Banned
Yesterday was Ethan & Hila's 4th Anniversary.

Culpbc1VIAAoFz8.jpg

Blessings of the Papa upon them.

Xux

I honestly haven't watched a lot of the reaction videos; I just hate watching people be awkward or obnoxious. I liked Ethan and Hila a lot so I'm happy if we get more vlogs and randomness.

I hear his point of view, but it doesn't change the fact I miss shit like Vape Naysh. The beanie video was a step in the right direction though.

I'll stick with Filthy Frank and JonTron for the content from this group of friends that I still enjoy.

They made a video venting similar frustrations on E&H a while back and I get where they're coming from but I liked it way better when the channels were separate. Goofy little charming E&H videos then every once and a while a more substantial, more thoroughly produced H3H3 vid. Splitting up the running jokes does suck but it seems mostly self imposed. Hundreds of thousands (nearly a million likely) of fans were subbed to both and people not catching a few references isn't the end of the world.

It was just cooler when every H3H3 upload felt special and I miss the dynamic of Hila behind the camera too. Either way I still enjoy the hell out of their content but a lot of these problems seem like they're way too inside their own heads.

BTM

It's impossible to please everyone. Some people like the older reaction style videos and others like the more oddball goofs and gaffs original videos. I'm glad they aren't becoming slaves to their own channel and making videos that make them happy.

Papa Bless

I hear his point of view, but it doesn't change the fact I miss shit like Vape Naysh. The beanie video was a step in the right direction though.

I'll stick with Filthy Frank and JonTron for the content from this group of friends that I still enjoy.

Well, going by the video we'd get more Vape Naysh videos instead of reaction videos. And that's weird considering most people hated the beanie video and thought of him as a sellout, but shit I loved it.

MUnited83

For you.
I get their reasons for it, but I enjoyed the reaction videos a lot more than the shit like trying 100 shirts, painting Ethan with gold paint and similar shit like that. It just isn't funny. I've been enjoying H3H3 less and less as those types of videos increased.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I get their reasons for it, but I enjoyed the reaction videos a lot more than the shit like trying 100 shirts, painting Ethan with gold paint and similar shit like that. It just isn't funny. I've been enjoying H3H3 less and less as those types of videos increased.

The 100 shirt was great! But I sorta agree about the other videos you mentioned.

I like when Ethan tries to create new characters. It doesn't always work, but I like when they find weird accoutrements for him to wear and make a silly character out of them. He started doing that after the success of Vape Naysh, but that particular type of videos was short-lived, sadly.

Biff

I like how these whiners have won the YouTube lottery, are pulling in hundreds of thousands of dollars, and can't bring themselves to work through the "pain", the "struggle" of making reaction videos that people like?

Seriously? If I was making $300k a year to make videos of me eating insects, I'd quit my job yesterday.

Boo fucking hoo. H3H3 completely sucks now. Vape Naysh and the 90s Boy Band were the peak.

And btw, the irony of apologizing about making shitty unfunny videos with yet another shitty unfunny video is so... delicious.

BTM

I like how these whiners have won the YouTube lottery, are pulling in hundreds of thousands of dollars, and can't bring themselves to work through the "pain", the "struggle" of making reaction videos that people like?

Seriously? If I was making $300k a year to make videos of me eating insects, I'd quit my job yesterday.

Boo fucking hoo. H3H3 completely sucks now. Vape Naysh and the 90s Boy Band were the peak.

And btw, the irony of apologizing about making shitty unfunny videos with yet another shitty unfunny video is so... delicious.

Why so angry? Sounds like you've never really been a fan in the first place and are just jealous of their success.

Biff

Why so angry? Sounds like you've never really been a fan in the first place and are just jealous of their success.
Nah, I used to really really like their stuff. Way before Vape Naysh. Then when VN hit my notification box, it was pretty easy to see this was pure genius.

I'm "angry" (not really angry, moreso rude than angry) because I despise seeing people waste an opportunity so many would kill for. Ethan and Hila moved from Israel to NYC to make their full-time YT career a reality. And after a year of grinding they actually "made it".

But when their viewership is at an all-time high, they fall back onto lazy videos, merge two channels because it was too much work, and then complain about how tough their lives are.

This is the time for them to kick it into high gear. Work 7 days a week, 12 hours days, grinding out content.

Oreoleo

Money isn't everything bub.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Goddamn, another "both sides are bad" video. Ethan really needs to stay out of this shit cus it's clear he has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

Sinfamy

Goddamn, another "both sides are bad" video. Ethan really needs to stay out of this shit cus it's clear he has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

You're proving his exact point.
Even he says he's got no clue what he's talking about, but neither do most YouTubers, and you shouldn't be taking political advise from them.
And yes, both sides are bad, the only objective measurement is which is better or worse on the issues YOU find valuable.
I value economic issues most, so to me they are both horrible pro-corporate parties that wouldn't disturb the status quo by fighting income inequality.
If you value social issues, you're definitely more in favor of the democratic party platform.
For conservative issues, and immigration, it's not hard to see why someone would support the GOP platform.

Trump is objectively incompetent, but that doesn't excuse ignoring the grievances of nearly half the country that is supporting him directly or indirectly by painting them as evil and your candidate as a saint.
Just have a rational discussion.

...how people should vote for a third candidate and you're telling me that's not him giving advice?
I don't think you paid attention.
He never suggested that, he said people shouldn't be demonized from voting third party, something that Casey is doing.
Unless you're dense enough to think he literally meant to write in Hugh Mungus

Einchy

You're proving his exact point.
Even he says he's got no clue what he's talking about, but neither do most YouTubers, and you shouldn't be taking political advise from them.

And his point is fucking idiotic.

This whole video is political advice from a person who has no clue what he is talking about. This whole video is trying to point both sides as bad and how people should vote for a third candidate and you're telling me that's not him giving advice?

I like the guy,big fan of H3H3 and I'm one of the top posters in this thread, but he really needs to stop trying to talk about these type of issues when he doesn't understand them.

He's been at this too long to play ignorant about how YouTube folk influence their audience. Would anybody be surprised if his fans scrawling Hugh Mungus on their voting booths for a laugh?

TheCrow

Fuck. Well that was extremely disappointing. I always have a bad feeling when people who aren't involved in politics make political statements because I'm scared they'll make it hard for me to keep liking them. At least I learned about Casey who seems like a cool guy.

I miss their older videos...
The feeling of their newer videos is just like all the other popular youtubers. It just doesn't have that intimate feel anymore.

Gummy

Neo Member
Nothing wrong with their latest video, a great example of a youtuber saying, "I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, please don't listen to me". What is so offensive about that to some of you people?

Pappasman

Makes a video about stopping reaction videos

Makes a rection video

:/

Seriously ethan is so awful at trying to convey his points and only furthers the awful "both sides are bad" narrative as he looks for something to be mad about. I also thought it was kinda fucked up that he starts with words of respect for casey (who I haven't even heard of until now) and admiration for how creative he is and then goes on to say "you just make fucking vlogs". Lmao. Im done with this channel.

Maximo

Ethaaaaaaaaaaan buddy come on why make a video about not wanting to make reaction videos and THE VERY NEXT video is the same similar shit.

Tubie

What the hell are they doing :(

He hates reaction videos, but makes one about a subject he clearly knows little about.

lightus

And now, five more pages of boring talk about how h3h3 is forcing his view on people where the point of his video is to specifically say to not allow people to bully you into voting a specific direction.

I agreed with some points Ethan made and some points Casey made in his video. At this point anything Ethan does that isn't a goof turns into a multipage discussion with no real resolution. It's almost as bad as tipping threads.

Einchy

Ethan doesn't seem to know what to do right now with the channel and the videos that he's making are very contradictory. He says he doesn't want to bring politics into the channel or choose sides but he doesn't get that he's picking a side by doing his "both sides are bad", there's more than 2 politic sides and being in the middle is still bringing politics into the channel AND picking a side.

He says he doesn't want to make videos exposing people and then starts this video by praising Casey Neistat and then spends the rest of the video talking about how wrong and ridiculous Casey Neistat's point of view is.

Tubie

And now, five more pages of boring talk about how h3h3 is forcing his view on people where the point of his video is to specifically say to not allow people to bully you into voting a specific direction.

I agreed with some points Ethan made and some points Casey made in his video. At this point anything Ethan does that isn't a goof turns into a multipage discussion with no real resolution. It's almost as bad as tipping threads.

You are complaining about 5 more pages of something you yourself are doing right now.

Kinda like what H3H3 is doing with their channel right now.

BTM

Ethaaaaaaaaaaan buddy come on why make a video about not wanting to make reaction videos and THE VERY NEXT video is the same similar shit.

He didn't say he was going to stop making reaction videos. Hell I'm pretty sure he even said in the video that they have some reaction videos lined up ready to go in the coming weeks.

lightus

You are complaining about 5 more pages of something you yourself are doing right now.

Kinda like what H3H3 is doing with their channel right now.

And by responding to you I'm doing it again! I understand what you're saying though. I was attempting to point out the negativity of the thread and in doing so I added to it.

A better response would be just ignoring it and post a goof instead. Which I will do later in this very post once I'm on a laptop and not my phone.

[future me, insert funny image here. Something actually funny though, not just another pic of DJ Khalid]

nynt9

You realize that "both sides are bad" is still a political stance, right?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Yeah if they wanted to not take sides, don't make the damn video and avoid the topic! Nobody would care if they didn't make the video!

The whole "both sides are bad" rhetoric is not only really, really, stupid but also dangerous. I mean, it takes like a couple minutes of google searching "both sides" to know which presidential candidate is the best for the job (it's Hilary) and which candidate is the embodiment of Goodwin's Law. I really hope his audience are mostly kids not old enough to vote or understand any kind of nuance because he's enabling the Trump vote just by telling his audience that "both candidates are wrong Hugh Mongus har har I made a funny."

I've been saying for a while he's the most overrated Youtuber and shit like this only reaffirms my view. I know it's the OT but I just watched the video and I needed some platform to rant about it.

kaskade

Casey should've just explained why he was voting for Hillary instead of the whole call to arms aspect, that would've been fine.

My sister unsubbed. And this marks the second time I'm unsubbing from h3h3.

Just sticking with dunkey, filthyfrank and idubbbz.

Don't watch the latest Dunkey video then.

This was a dumb video. He makes maybe one or two good points but overall his attempt to make himself appear as a voice of reason just has him come off at not knowing what he is talking about.

Top Bottom