• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Y'all are like clockwork.

And you're proving Ethan's point like clockwork.

Your argument for his latest video is basically "You can't say both sides are bad because one of them is worse than the other!" It doesn't matter how evil the Alt Right is or how utterly insane some Feminists or "SJWs" are, they are all subject to goofy videos from H3H3 or really anyone on the Internet.

I find this obsession with "they need to choose a side" and demonizing h3h3 for using certain terms in videos and titles to be ridiculous. They don't need to choose a side and there's nothing to show that them not choosing a side is negatively impacting their channel or brand. They're a comedy channel that's going to make fun of people on the left, right and everything in-between and that should be fine.

It's about making some fresh memes and hearing Ethan making coughs and gags. Not about making a political statement. I don't see anything to be offended about in this case. Lighten up.

depths20XX

and i literally think that anyone using the term SJW unironically is a fucking braindead moron

but this is just my opinion

The less people like you watching h3h3 the better. Hit that unsub button please. I'm sure there's some good wholesome comedy out there for you not to be offended by.

i bet you both are upstanding individuals

trust me, I unsubbed weeks ago. but I'm glad the only people left in his fanbase are people like you. i like keeping y'all in the same place so I know where to avoid like the plague

depths20XX

trust me, I unsubbed weeks ago. but I'm glad the only people left in his fanbase are people like you. i like keeping y'all in the same place so I know where to avoid like the plague

Yeah, all of us who watch him are basically neo nazi's at this point. Best to avoid if you aren't into that sort of thing.

lmfao this is amazing. If the internet hadn't already made satire impossible I'd swear this was it.

Can't say I expected this thread to go this direction at all. Can we start fresh? Not because of there being split opinions on things but because the name-calling and straight up shit-slinging has made this a very toxic thread. I'm all for a nice discussion but this is going a little far. No need to be treat people like garbage.

Maximo

Threads needs more gifs.
giphy.gif

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

I'm glad that you'd avoid where I am because I don't like being around absolute judgmental people. They tend to think they're better than everyone while lacking the self awareness to realize they're actually worse.

and you're speaking out of your ass.

Why you mad, bro?

You literally think someone using the phrase SJW means they're pandering to the alt right. You're delusional.

Er, no, that's what I think at all. Context matters. And so does reading comprehensively.

That being said, I tend to think very little of people that unironically use terms SJW, or race-baiting, race card, feminazi, and other words that usually find usage in the parlance of bigots.

You are just repeating yourself and continuing to prove Ethan's point even more, how are you not realizing this?

I'm not repeating myself, I'm arguing the point, and I gave a clear example of what the type of bullshit Ethan is trying to pull resembles.

Ethan's point is stupid. I'm not proving it, I'm refuting it. Because it's flawed, and cowardly.

Your argument for his latest video is basically "You can't say both sides are bad because one of them is worse than the other!" It doesn't matter how evil the Alt Right is or how utterly insane some Feminists or "SJWs" are, they are all subject to goofy videos from H3H3 or really anyone on the Internet.

I find this obsession with "they need to choose a side" and demonizing h3h3 for using certain terms in videos and titles to be ridiculous. They don't need to choose a side and there's nothing to show that them not choosing a side is negatively impacting their channel or brand. They're a comedy channel that's going to make fun of people on the left, right and everything in-between and that should be fine.

No, that's not my opinion. At all. Why do you fervent fans have such difficulty reading what is actually written?

There's nothing wrong with making of fun both sides. There's nothing wrong with making fun of individuals on either side. I haven't posted anything of the sort. I like my comedy as free of restriction as possible.

What is wrong, and what I do take issue with, is equating both sides and presenting them as equally wrong. It's not just wrong, is fucking stupid, and dangerous.

Words have meaning, and if all this shit kicked off over H3H3 just saying they found Joey Salads' attempt to smear BLM dubious, and they got given this much shit for it, then that should be an indication as to what kind of audience they've cultivated. This type of backlash is the type of backlash resultant of pandering to a hateful, ignorant audience to whom equality feels like oppression and political correctness like censorship. It's not an audience that takes it well when their hateful politics are called into question. Left leaning audiences aren't saints, but at least they're not racists.

Say whatever you will of "crazy" feminists and SJWs - at the end of the day they're still fighting for equality in their own misguided way. That doesn't change their worthiness of ridicule of critique, but it sure as fuck does not place them on the same level of a demographic that by and large consists of white guys blind to their own privileges and fed up with society's rejection of their antiquated views.

It's about making some fresh memes and hearing Ethan making coughs and gags. Not about making a political statement. I don't see anything to be offended about in this case. Lighten up.

Fresh memes is what I subscribed for in the first place.

Ethan didn't need to pander to racists and sexists to be funny then, and he shouldn't have to now.

If they don't want to make political statements - and I would prefer it that way - then they should stop using politically charged terms when making fun of someone. It's as simple as that.

Fat4all

Banned
Why you mad, bro?

I'm not, your entire argument is based on your own assumptions.

If you want to be angry at H3H3 for what people say in the comments section, that's on you, but they didn't cultivate that. Youtube in general has been cultivating that. That's why in almost all cases you see people saying "avoid the comment section", because it's almost always a shitshow.

Ethan totally has the upper body of a kinda overweight 30 year old white guy, but the lower half of a fat sassy black women.

It be true

Ethan appeared on the Baited Podcast w/ Keemstar, ColossalIsCrazy and TommyC.

Basically talking about the Leafy controversy and Ethan talking about what happened behind the scenes when he posted the video taking shots at Leafy a few months back. Real interesting to hear him open up.

PsychBat!

Banned

I mean I think Clown or whatever his name is a POS hypocrite for defending leafy in the second half of the podcast and all, but keem just cries about him being friends with leafy and it's pretty pathetic.

edit: okay fuck keemstar. this fucking guy thinks he can be a psychologist.

Fat4all

Banned
Nice change to have video without Ethan sometimes like this, desert seemed pretty rad.

it's very similar to their old "trip" videos they would occasionally do on their sister channel.

I also really enjoyed the cute pupper getting excited by the drone.

lightus

It was smart of Ethan to not vape when he was sneaking around. Those fat rips would have given him away INSTANTLY.

Honestly I wouldn't have thought about it cause a good ol' vape n' prank would be right up my alley.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The drone in the kitchen completely made that video. Glad to see Sean back from Super-Aids.

"Super AIDS" is such a dumb joke but for some reason it never fails to make me laugh. It's like the more I think about the concept of "Super AIDS" the more I laugh.

"Super AIDS" is such a dumb joke but for some reason it never fails to make me laugh. It's like the more I think about the concept of "Super AIDS" the more I laugh.

I feel like that's the essence of H3. Half the time it's so dumb but I keep laughing. Like Ethan's dancing, I can't get enough of it.

Top Bottom