• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 active players is the highest since Halo 3 (even before the free play period)

The Flash

Banned
Only takes one poop in a pool to make it unswimmable.

RwtoBW4.gif

Nutter

Reminds of the days FireZ was on GAF and used to hate Halo 2 because it was not like CE.

The better question for everyone is if you hate the game so much, why would you continue to go into threads/communities about said game? Should you not go play something else?

shoreu

God forbid there are people out there willing to speak the truth and cut through the fanboy bullshit.

And since last post on page and all

You the only Real person on this forum, i'm just a big ass fanboy who has never made a criticism of 343. Lol you're about as bad as that dude who was trying to call everyone out for liking WoW over Final fantasy 14 because were all shills and just accept whatever blizzard throws at us.

Reminds of the days FireZ was on GAF and used to hate Halo 2 because it was not like CE.

The better question for everyone is if you hate the game so much, why would you continue to go into threads/communities about said game? Should you not go play something else?

You're just a shill, obviously.

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces

I would LOVE a mode that let me play as a Grunt or Hunter. The species that make up the Covenant are my favorite alien species ever. That's why I love that they introduced the Grunt Goblin. I'd love to be able to use that. So goofy but so cool at the same time.
Yup lol, now imagine how cool it'd be if it were designed similarly, how you have to work your way up to stronger units. They could bring back Generator Defense and Invasion, as well as create new objectives like they did with Warzone Firefight. Make the Spartans either have specific loadouts to fit into a class, or custom loadouts but only from the UNSC armory.

I think a mode like this has potential to attract a lot of people. Playing as a Suicide Grunt to take down a fortification? Sign me right up.

The Flash

Banned
Yup lol, now imagine how cool it'd be if it were designed similarly, how you have to work your way up to stronger units. They could bring back Generator Defense and Invasion, as well as create new objectives like they did with Warzone Firefight. Make the Spartans either have specific loadouts to fit into a class, or custom loadouts but only from the UNSC armory.

I think a mode like this has potential to attract a lot of people. Playing as a Suicide Grunt to take down a fortification? Sign me right up.

FRANKIE GET ROD ON THE PHONE!

As someone who has been playing Halo on Live since 2004, Halo 5 is a great multiplayer Halo game.

It has flaws and feature gaps, but is on the whole the most enjoyable Halo multiplayer experience since Halo 3, and that's with nostalgia goggles firmly on.

fernoca

That would be cool. A multiplayer mode centerered around the Covenant.

Everyone starts as a Grunt, as you earn more REQs you either upgrade to Jackals, Elites, etc. Or continue using Grunts and their variations, weapons and up to the Grunt Goblin...with custom taunts even. XD

Trup1aya

I never thought I'd see the day where people would be accused of being dickriding 343 fanboys...

I mean these guys made Halo 4 and followed it up with MCC.... And through all that carnage, has, allegedly, managed to create a fanbase full of blindly loyal fans...

I think that THIS stands as a testiment to how great Halo 5 truly is. The impressive retention is one thing. But to amass a slurplejerking army after doing what was once thought irreparable damage to the fanbase is an unparalleled accomplishment.

Everyone starts as a Grunt, as you earn more REQs you either upgrade to Jackals, Elites, etc. Or continue using Grunts and their variations, weapons and up to the Grunt Goblin...with custom taunts even. XD
Frankie's known about these ideas for years; I've been shouting from the rooftops whenever relevant lol.

He's like Cersei though, sitting on this ace in the hole until all hope is lost.
Along with Combat Evolved 2.

jet1911

So gun game but with the covenant instead of guns? Why is this not in the game right now? :eek:

psyfi

Banned
Frankie's known about these ideas for years; I've been shouting from the rooftops whenever relevant lol.

He's like Cersei though, sitting on this ace in the hole until all hope is lost.
Along with Combat Evolved 2.
It's been a year since I've had MCC installed on my Xbox and I've been seriously dying to play some CE multi. I miss it so much, and I only barely played it before MCC came out. I just don't want MCC taking up all that disc space.

BigShow36

I'm assuming you'll get to the Halo 5 weapon balancing right after the MCC is done being updated.

Don't get me wrong though, at least you're moving in the right direction. Halo 5's weapon balancing is at least solid poop in the pool, rather than liquid poop like the last few games.

Chobel

Nah it is entirely believable. Halo 4 had something like 11 million players that played multiplayer in the first 2 months. Customs in this game are incredible.

Plus the game has been out for 8 months. Long time for that 16.5m

XB1 is likely less than 22m though, so that would be some serious attach rate and there's no way Halo 5 sold that much.

Went back and played some the other night. It's good to be back, but damn I'm bad now. Went from diamond/onyx tier to rusty nail.

Frankie, make Halo 6 VR compatible somehow.

Satans Reverance, did a 343 employee steal one of your ski goggles or something? That's the only logical answer, I remember you giving this game tons of shit months back and we figured out you had played like 5 games of matchmaking.

Well.

This got entertaining.

I think Halo 5 is an excellent Halo - I agree somewhat that the maps maybe don't feel as memorable, but when the gameplay is as great as it is...I'm okay with it.

Plus, I love Forge. So, yeah.

Poster#1

Worst matchmaking in Halo.
Less content than any other Halo. Still missing game modes that has been in every Halo game.
Change colors of the maps and call it NEW MAPS!!

They call whatever they add to the game" support " which should have been there day 1.

Oh and MCC still broken.

Worst developer to handle a big franchise.

Just thinking about Halo 6 on my PC has me nearly wetting my pants with excitement. Graphics options, Forge, possibility for a custom games browser that have forge minigames in rotations..... Dear christ. It might be one of the biggest games ever. Awesome. Can't wait.

Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future, not rebooted, reinvented or reset. That doesn't preclude any number of improvements, additions or completely new modes and methods of play, but the team does recognize the core strengths, advantages and extensibility of the current MP tune.

It's elementary.

Damn straight. Can't wait to see the future of Halo with this as a base.

My friends who got this at launched all stopped playing after a couple weeks, until last week. Now they all play it every day including a few friends who just bought it through the sale! Very happy, I loved the game bur never had anyone to play with, now my friends passes me in rank :)

... Now id I could only get them to play anything but firefight...

Welfare

Eh, even if we assume the unlikely scenario of # of players = 2x # of copies sold, that statement still wouldn't hold up.
We have no idea where Halo 5 sits at right now, and also smurf's are extremely easy to set up on Xbox One. Derankers and new accounts could easily fill up numbers. I mean, look at Satan. He has 3 accounts for no reason.

Outrun

I wonder if there is any possibility of Halo being iterative, where systems and story are expanded upon?

Just thinking about Halo 6 on my PC has me nearly wetting my pants with excitement. Graphics options, Forge, possibility for a custom games browser that have forge minigames in rotations..... Dear christ. It might be one of the biggest games ever. Awesome. Can't wait.

It's not going to have a community on PC

psyfi

Banned
Plaza reminds me of Lockout in a lot of ways, but without the stark (and kind of boring tbh) two towers dynamic. It's Lockout but with more useful, interesting perimeter areas and paths.

Top Bottom