• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

We're saying that basing graphics on pictures that were put into a video and then captured from that video and uploaded to a website is an extremely poor way to judge how a game looks.

You know just as well as me that Youtube has done no favors to this generation.

Horizon 2 might as well be a Xbox 360 game as far as Youtube kills the quality.
Of course you can't make a 1:1 comparison, but you can still glean some basic things, post processing missing, looks like PBR isn't implemented. The only way we can properly judge is when it's finally on our TVs in October.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Of course you can't make a 1:1 comparison, but you can still glean some basic things, post processing missing, looks like PBR isn't implemented. The only way we can properly judge is when it's finally on our TVs in October.

Well we meant more general stuff, such as texture quality and so on.

You lose a ton of detail when it's been pushed through this kind of crap.

I definitely agree, until the game is out and on our TVs than nothing is going to match up to it.

Madness

What was up with '07? I was a bit too much of a wee lad to be following the news back then.

People were saying Halo 3 looks like dogshit, that Bungie were doing a poor job, that it barely looks better than Halo 2, that it was the worse ever because it was a sub-HD resolution aka 640p or something. In the end, Halo 3 was amazing. Such an immersive campaign, solid visuals, skyboxes, enemy animation and design, out of this world lighting and water. I can still remember being transported to the Ark and looking up and seeing the Milky Way Galaxy etc. We have yet to see anything beyond a few screens and people are again disappointed. 'It doesn't look too good, perfect dark zero looking, looks identical to Halo 4, not 1080p' etc.

The Flash

Banned
So far you're my favorite poster on GAF for today.(Probably my favorite for the last month.)

Good job Flash!

;^)

blwkss.gif

Hmm, weird, I don't remember a sweet mech. All I remember is the mantis.

shut your mouth

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vrkXl1G-mt8/VLXe_c6dbII/AAAAAAABDj4/xNQRWssl_q8/tumblr_m68xbrDg0O1qgvkawo2_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'll go easy on you for the awesome Korra gif, but for reals, the Mantis is borrrrrring. Slow, cumbersome, terrible to go up against in PvP, awkward rocket charge primary... It needs some major retinkering.

Few more things I want for e3:

-Blue Team's faces revealed
-Blue Team's voice actors revealed
-Elites in Multiplayer
-Please for the love of all that is holy, bring back the Falcon

reach_1687132_Full.jpg

I can just see Blue Team loading up in this, bros4life.

Flying, sexy Warthog...

-Elites in Multiplayer

reach_1687132_Full.jpg

Flying, sexy Warthog...

Actually this brings up an interesting question: 4 squad members in a three person Warthog, how'll that shit work? Or are we going to see some new four person vehicles?

We really don't need to see those in-game

I kind of agree, it'd be interesting for Blue Team to remain faceless while we have Locke and the rest of Osiris having faces. It'd be an interesting way to thematically differentiate them if 343 felt like putting in the effort.

We've already seen their faces, haven't we? I don't keep up with the EU stuff too much so I don't know where this is from.

We see Linda's face in one of the commercial's too, I think. The idea was just regarding the game, though I doubt they'd keep Blue faceless in the game anyway.

E: Then again, the fuck do I know?

FordGTGuy

Banned
We see Linda's face in one of the commercial's too, I think. The idea was just regarding the game, though I doubt they'd keep Blue faceless in the game anyway.

E: Then again, the fuck do I know?

I think they should start the game with all of their helmets off just as a "Look we're not Bungie and we're actually going to tell you a story here.".

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Actually this brings up an interesting question: 4 squad members in a three person Warthog, how'll that shit work? Or are we going to see some new four person vehicles?
Hmm, good question. Maybe they'll just provide plenty of vehicles so folks can split up?

I think they should start the game with all of their helmets off just as a "Look we're not Bungie and we're actually going to tell you a story here.".

I wouldn't object either, but I think they'd at best annoy a portion of the fanbase and at worst that portion would boycott the game. If I was 343, I'd save the Chief's face reveal for the end of the last game, but like I said, the fuck do I know?

Hmm, good question. Maybe they'll just provide plenty of vehicles so folks can split up?
Bad Company: Guardians Confirmed

E: Fucked up that URL formatting real good.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I wouldn't object either, but I think they'd at best annoy a portion of the fanbase and at worst that portion would boycott the game. If I was 343, I'd save the Chief's face reveal for the end of the last game, but like I said, the fuck do I know?

That's the same portion of the fanbase that still believe that Master Chief is them in the suit. Some people need to realize that in order to tell a story you need to know that you're playing a character with a personality and that he has his own history.

Maybe open the game with Chief as a child having a nightmare about being taken from his home and remembering his parents and how they loved him; all of the sudden he is thrown into a boot camp and exposed to brutal training.

That's the same portion of the fanbase that still believe that Master Chief is them in the suit. Some people need to realize that in order to tell a story you need to know that you're playing a character with a personality and that he has his own history.

Maybe open the game with Chief as a child having a nightmare about being taken from his home and remembering his parents and how they loved him; all of the sudden he is thrown into a boot camp and exposed to brutal training.
That'd be a pretty interesting way to do a tutorial, I'll give you that.

We've already seen their faces, haven't we? I don't keep up with the EU stuff too much so I don't know where this is from.

That's from Forward Unto Dawn (which is pretty good, btw). They were supposed to be around 16 at the time, though, same age as the rest of the recruits; presumably they're a little different looking by now.

Escalation art really shouldn't be canon, if at all possible.

Kalentan

Escalation art really shuldn't be canon, if at all possible.

Eh. I mean is 'art' in any medium ever canon? Different artist do different stuff. Still, the drawing is still a good idea of what they will look like in Halo 5. I mean, Halo Legends is anime-style, thus it's art style isn't canon. Probably sort of similiar for Escalation.

Eh. I mean is 'art' in any medium ever canon. Different artist do different stuff. Still, the drawing is still a good idea of what they will look like in Halo 5.

It's so bad though.

If Escalation art is canon, Banshees are self-piloting and the Arbiter changes size at random.

Kalentan

It's so bad though.

If Escalation art is canon, Banshees are self-piloting and the Arbiter changes size at random.

Like I said, it's art isn't canon. The Halo universes 'style' is what you see in game. If one Artist draws The Punisher as extremely buff to even inhuman levels and the next one draws him as more regular buff... Does either one really 'canon'?

Hell, Escalation already has multiple artists on it. lol.

-Elites in Multiplayer

reach_1687132_Full.jpg

Flying, sexy Warthog...

I liked blowing this up in reach. Triple kills all around.

Kalentan

I can't forgive them mixing up Kelly and Linda...

Funny story about that, on the Halo forum when someone asked about it a 343i employee said something along the lines about how they can switch roles. Really it was them covering for a mistake. xD

How does that even happen?

Considering the other lettering errors in the series? Probably oversight. Didn't even realize it till the fans pointed it out.

You never saw Noble Six's face so it was still a "your the guy in a suit" thing going on.

So this is a late response, but I'd say Noble Six was even more "you in the suit" then Chief or even the Rookie. Mostly because you could change their campaign armor, but also choose their gender.

Monocle

I just don't know anymore. I'm...excited? I like the sound of that spoilery detail in the OT at least.

I can't forgive them mixing up Kelly and Linda...

oTYdnDb.png
That art is very hefty, thick, and tight. I'm a big fan of the sturdy colors and, uh, tasteful solidity.

RdN

Those campaign screenshots are... not good.

They look VERY similar to Halo 4's first mission, from the look of enemies (expected) to the scenario and color palette.

Frankie says it looks better in motion... I really hope he's right. I'm expecting more from this game.

Frankie says it looks better in motion... I really hope he's right. I'm expecting more from this game.
That better-in-motion thing is something real that I've noticed a lot more than ever these days. Maybe its all the post-processing effects? The only screenshots that tend to feel truly representative are those taken by those with a real knack for capturing action in the screenshot threads. Even The Order: 1886 screens don't live up to seeing it in motion on my TV at home.

Just say it.
Dat girth.

Those campaign screenshots are... not good.

They look VERY similar to Halo 4's first mission, from the look of enemies (expected) to the scenario and color palette.

At e3, 343i announces that they spent all year playing volleyball and forgot to work on Halo 5. All Halo 5 screenshots are actually the first level of Halo 4 with models that were cut from the game. The announcement trailer was actually the 2007 Halo 3 trailer with Cortana edited out and a poncho photoshopped onto the Master Chief.

God, I'm so freaking excited for E3 this year. I get out of class 30 minutes before MS's conference starts, I'm gonna sprint back to my apartment so I don't miss a minute.

Gestault

well okay, when the final game doesn't look substantially different i'm sure y'all will praise its subtle beauty

I'm sorry your reaction to someone saying we'll have a better indication of things in a few days is to drag in a quip that shows you're imagining this in terms of message board arguments from almost a decade back with people who aren't me.

Top Bottom