• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

Akai__

Wait, so is that buck from ODST? Is he a Spartan now?

Spartan 4, but that's basically just a normal soldier in a Spartan suit. No augmentations like the other Spartans have, which makes them not nearly as powerful.

For reference: Halo 4 said it would take 10 Spartan 4's to beat one Spartan 2.

Then dont say that i have high standards lol...

So look at this gameplay screens please and tell me how it looks ;)

I'm just saying what exactly were you expecting? The Order good or Killzone good? maybe even Quantum Break.

Because from what I've seen from the Halo 5 beta graphics wise, it looked at least 2 steps removed from halo 4. So whatever non graphically leap you are seeing might not be what others see.

Any was would love to see what you're seeing.

Pop

Scans are already out :) Nobody is posting them here, because its not allowed etc.

Google should help you ;)

Those images look like a better version of the beta that was released. But the images are tiny though.

Sooo far better than H4.

I'm just saying what exactly were you expecting? The Order good or Killzone good? maybe even Quantum Break.

Because from what I've seen from the Halo 5 beta graphics wise, it looked at least 2 steps removed from halo 4. So whatever non graphically leap you are seeing might not be what others see.

Any was would love to see what you're seeing.

I thought the screens looked good, not a massive jump but we should wait to see it in motion.

Spartan 4, but that's basically just a normal soldier in a Spartan suit. No augmentations like the other Spartans have, which makes them not nearly as powerful.

They have augmentations just like the Spartan II and III's

Hyped. Really hyped. Especially because I liked Halo 4 a lot, so I don't have to give 343 Industries a new chance concerning Halo 5 story.

BGE, Best Halo Ever.

Crackdown is already on the way.

I know, they just need to get it out the door soon. No more CG concept trailers or anything like that. If Crackdown and any other good MS exclusives are going to take until 2016, I'll just buy the console next year when more stuff is out and the price might be cheaper.

I thought the screens looked good, not a massive jump but we should wait to see it in motion.

Awesome, as long as its 60fps, has more things to do then I'm fine. The graphics are good enough as is.

I care not a fig as long as the levels offer big open battles regularly :)

You forget though, that Halo has never prided itself on big open battlefields...even when it did they were never that popular.

Akai__

They have augmentations just like the Spartan II and III's

I didn't say they don't have any. They don't have the same ones that Spartan 2's have, thus making them weaker. Maybe it was poor wording, but they are nowhere near the level of a Spartan 2.

Awesome, as long as its 60fps, has more things to do then I'm fine. The graphics are good enough as is.

You forget though, that Halo has never prided itself on big open battlefields...even when it did they were never that popular.

By 'big open' I mean The Ark or The Covenant, Halo 3. Not open-world, but large, flowing, gloriously chaotic :D

Wow all of this sounds great. 20 maps at launch? And all dlc maps are free? 343 doing it the right way. Don't want to split the player base up because of dlc.

Doffen

Yes thats what i think. Probably bigger scale and 60fps.

So it should look very good in motion :)

If we get to see a very large battle like in the Artwork. I would be very happy :D

The lighting/shadowing looks better in my opinion. The textures also looks more detailed.
The art style is the same as Halo 4 though.

VinFTW

The lighting/shadowing looks better in my opinion. The textures also looks more detailed.
The art style is the same as Halo 4 though.

I disagree, the big landscape from the Orion/Pegasus forge map looked better than anything in Halo 4 (artistically and graphically).

daedalius

They're not. They cover S4 augments in New Blood. Mostly drugs and not quite as crazy surgeries.

edit: beaten.

I doubt it would take 10 4s for 1 2. That's a confusing sentence.

funkypie

Banned
Can 343 be trusted to deliver online co-op? Halo ce anniversary had no match making and when you did online coop the game lagged like hell, was unplayable.

Can 343 be trusted to deliver online co-op? Halo ce anniversary had no match making and when you did online coop the game lagged like hell, was unplayable.

Depends on how they code the AI behavior. Since this is a brand new game and it's on dedicated servers, online co op would probably be a seamless experience.

Doffen

I disagree, the big landscape from the Orion/Pegasus forge map looked better than anything in Halo 4 (artistically and graphically).

I think the screenshots from game informer bear a strike resemblance to the Halo 4 art style.

Akai__

They're not. They cover S4 augments in New Blood. Mostly drugs and not quite as crazy surgeries.

edit: beaten.

I doubt it would take 10 4s for 1 2. That's a confusing sentence.

I already clarified what I meant with the augmentation thing.

As for the 10 vs 1. I can't find the the source. I'm not sure where it was, but I can definitely remember that when they talked about Spartan 4's behaviour in detail.

I think the screenshots from game informer bear a strike resemblance to the Halo 4 art style.

It probably looks the same, because it's on a human ship again. The Forward Unto Dawn and Infinity also looked kinda the same, eventhough they are 2 completely different ships. Curious about how other things will look like.

Leflus

Local MP stuff aside, Halo 5 sounds really great so far. I'm excited to see what the campaign looks like now.

CE Anniverary wasn't made by 343.

Their previous game, Halo 4, worked fine in online co-op.

Halo: CE never had online co-op in the first place. The fact that they were able to shoehorn it in there at all is pretty impressive.

Never had issues with Halo 4 co-op, but Spartan Ops was pretty sensitive to that stuff. If everybody had a decent connection it was fine though.

I'm just happy to see that there's drop-in, drop-out co-op. I could've used that so many times in the previous games.

Prine

Banned
Erm ofcourse, it's their game built from the ground up like halo 4...MCC is legacy code being retro fitted for X1. Massive difference, and extremely difficult. I believe the complexity of these old multiplayer games is why Uncharted is launching without multi too.

Deku Tree

Depends on how they code the AI behavior. Since this is a brand new game and it's on dedicated servers, online co op would probably be a seamless experience.

Wasn't MCC supposed to be in dedicated servers too and yet people didn't really see any benefit?

I hope they let you play with three of your friends in SP instead of just having three bots to control. That Might get me to buy an X1.

Wasn't MCC supposed to be in dedicated servers too and yet people didn't really see any benefit?

I hope they let you play with three of your friends in SP instead of just having three bots to control.

dedicated servers were not going to change the co-op lag.

paging fyrewulff

Doffen

It probably looks the same, because it's on a human ship again. The Forward Unto Dawn and Infinity also looked kinda the same, eventhough they are 2 completely different ships. Curious about how other things will look like.

Yeah, it did look like Dawn.

SpartanN92

Banned

Spartan 4s have Augmentations. You should read New Blood

Top Bottom