• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

Bsigg12

Did the beta show your ping to the server or at least a color bar indicating connection health?

No but they are adding the ability to select which server territory you want. That wasn't available in the beta and for some not in the US it resulted in some issues. I expect it to be similar to Titanfall and show ping to each data center.

Helznicht

No but they are adding the ability to select which server territory you want. That wasn't available in the beta and for some not in the US it resulted in some issues. I expect it to be similar to Titanfall and show ping to each data center.

Great news.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This sounds too good to be true, really.

I really wish they hadn't gutted splitscreen but damn this makes me want an X1 :(

allan-bh

It seems Microsoft and 343i are working hard to not repeat the Halo 4 disappointment.

Free maps and co-op without gold are great news.

Leyasu

Banned
That FREE MAPS vor everyone sounds like a big Sorry to me

No it sounds like they understand that map packs splinter the community.

343 if you are reading this. µYou will have my money for the Deadeye armour day one! Plus please make the weapon skins good.

Other than that... Carry on

tumblr_n3vt0oMaj11tx7hp3o1_250.gif

So freaking hype. Two years ago, I was done with Halo. I was riding the Destiny/PS4 hype train, with no stops in sight. Today my Xbone is itching to play Halo 5 again after that glorious beta and the news here is so ridiculous I almost can't believe this is coming 343. Free multiplayer DLC, the campaign structure is something I haven't seen in Halo so far and I've wanted since reading about Blue Team. This shouldn't be happening after MCC, but goddamn the hype train is full speed ahead next stop is E3. After that? ride it all the way to October.

'There are multiple routes to take in levels'

There shouldn't be routes dangit.. it should be a giant battleground!

I want my emergent gameplay back that they 'fixed' after CE.. I feel like I am the only person who feel like the Halo series went the wrong direction after CE and failed to live up to it's true potential of it's giant open levels, going instead into a more linear shooter.

Leyasu

Banned
Dedicated MS servers 100% of the time where I can see how gud my connection is or I am not interested. I sat down and played Dirty Bomb last night with a 35 ping, it was glorious. Not going back to ptp bs ever again.

They have confirmed a titanfall like set up where you can choose the datacenter where you play. This is going to have it all

Leyasu

Banned
Uhm no. 15 Maps... thats a lot of money.

Umm no, because they will offset the cost with armour/armour skins and weapon skins. They could even come out of it in the black if they have enough varied stuff on offer.

@ Collingwood. Man the beta was amazing when playing locally! I can't wait.

They desperately need to ensure that their player base will stick together through the impending Black Ops 3 release. Black Ops 2 destroyed Halo 4's community, even though I still loved playing it through Christmas.

AlStrong

How did Mass Effect 3's MTA system work?

You could buy varying levels of loot packs that give you randomized set of (tiered) weapons & characters. Duplicate weapon cards upgrade the weapon, though that only works for the co-op nature of ME3 MP. Not sure if it changed much as I only played a few months worth.

So for H5, if there is something similar, it could be random skins or armour bits or something. Or just have you out-right buy the skins like MMOs/F2P etc. Hopefully you're not buying perks.

XBL Gold is not required for online co-op.
Halo 5 will launch with over 20 multiplayer maps
15 DLC maps by June 2016
All maps will be free
Teases a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" they'll reveal at E3. Incorporates "all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever"
This MP experience is described as a "dream of ours and all our fans to build something like this"

kxfvtrI.gif

Lingitiz

Interesting with all the Republic Commando influence here. Tim Longo was creative director on RC and now with Halo 5.

• Whether playing as Chief or Locke, you're accompanied by a fireteam of 3 A.I. which you can command/issue orders to in the campaign
  • Highlighting an enemy and hitting up on the D-Pad orders your team to assault an enemy
  • Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
  • AI teammates can revive you as well

Halo in Arms

And what's the point of having a higher difficulty in campaign if you have a second chance to survive when you die?

Faith

I'm still not sure how they will cover everything what happened between Halo 4 and Halo 5? Who the heck played Spartan Ops, read all comics & listened to Hunt The Truth?

All Halo sandbox elements means a lot of vehicles, weapons, objectives, etc. So it has to be like a bigger BTB or Invasion 2.0 - Something like Battlefield. They even build in reviving teammates in campaign, why not using it in a speical mp mode?

But don't you think reviving just means respawning? Like when you play co-op, if one dies, the other can go hide and you'll respawn. In MP that's just normal respawning, you'll still die...

But don't you think reviving just means respawning? Like when you play co-op, if one dies, the other can go hide and you'll respawn. In MP that's just normal respawning, you'll still die...
It said the AI fire team can revive you so I don't believe it to be standard enemies are near by re spawn.

Compsiox

Banned
I hope the only microtransactions will be skins if there are any.. Even cosmetic armor is annoying when the ones you unlock from playing don't look nearly as good.

AlStrong

Halo in Arms

And what's the point of having a higher difficulty in campaign if you have a second chance to survive when you die?

Just turn on the Iron Skull if it's still in? Maybe they'll have an even more metal skull that restarts the level specifically since Iron Skull just reverts to last save on co-op since Halo 3, but now it's practically co-op all the time.

Top Bottom