• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Finally sat down to start listening to #huntthetruth and I'm on episode 8 and just
Oh+my+well+_66b5e3681bc7a32891138f6d775089a6.png

Just listened to the whole thing, including the 29 audio messages for Giroux.

Super maximum hype overdrive!

So there's one "final" episode coming this Sunday then? I'm planning to burn through H4 with a buddy this weekend; I have never finished the game before.

Watch the terminal videos before you play it.

thenexus6

Finally caught up with Hunt the Truth. I didn't even start listening to it or really know what it was until last week - to be honest i've been out of the Halo loop since switching over to PS4.

I am loving it, its so well performed and produced. I can't help but create these awesome visuals in my head while i'm listening. Definitely hoping other series' like this are made in the future for other games, or even more Halo stuff.

tumblr_npsuu02wof1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

“Organically Enriched”

Damn. Whoever is writing this stuff is top notch. I can't tell if it's the writing, or Keegan-Michael Key's perfect delivery.. but just reading that story, I could 'hear' it in his voice perfectly, the pitch, the pacing.. the everything.

Seriously blown away by the whole HtT project. I know ilovebee's had way more 'fan' interaction, but the story being told by HtT is just miles beyond anything I feel we've seen from a "Halo" property thus far.

As for the posts.. damn, son. The Outer Colonies got rekd. On the face of it, you can't really blame the UEG/ONI for that, as the Covenant were just slowly making their way inward, but I have to imagine there were plenty of instances where perhaps ONI had a heads up, but refused to warn people.. as escaping craft would likely not always follow the Cole Protocol/etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if ONI had stealth prowlers watching, learning, trying to find a weakness, sacrificing outer colony planets to buy Earth/etc more time.

But, while terrible, is that necessarily wrong? Even after whatever they did, the Covenant still made it to Earth, and were [ ] this close to wiping out humanity. The joy of that old argument.. did the results justify it? Did they justify the Spartan-II's? Ahhh.. so many moral grey areas.. I love it.

LordOfChaos

LordOfChaos

In theory, the armor should reconfigure, right? I believe in Glasslands they talk about nanobots retooling the armor as improvements become available.

I think there's still a split, the nanomachines
son
can upgrade the firmware, repair battle damage, and even make minor alterations, but a large physical upgrade like the jetpacks would still be in a UNSC facility.

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
I think there's still a split, the nanomachines
son
can upgrade the firmware, repair battle damage, and even make minor alterations, but a large physical upgrade like the jetpacks would still be in a UNSC facility.

Isn't that how they explained Chief's visual upgrades in 4? Cortana updated his "firmware", which dealt with nanotech?

LordOfChaos

Isn't that how they explained Chief's visual upgrades in 4? Cortana updated his "firmware", which dealt with nanotech?

Yeah, but did it add anything so major as a jetpack? Firmware updates, battle damage, minor improvements, that I can see.

Anywho, who knows what the nanomachines
son
capabilities are. I think, to be honest, they're just sort of "we want to upgrade the UI but it doesn't make canonical sense here since he was in stasis, so nanomachines
son
"

Yeah, but did it add anything so major as a jetpack? Firmware updates, battle damage, minor improvements, that I can see.

Anywho, who knows what the nanomachines
son
capabilities are. I think, to be honest, they're just sort of "we want to upgrade the UI but it doesn't make canonical sense here since he was in stasis, so nanomachines
son
"
What I always found odd was how 343 felt the need to retcon the armor in the cryo tube. If they wanted to really go through with the redesign(which they definitely should have, it looks great) why not just have the old suit get damaged in requim, and have chief pick up the new hotness on the infinity?

What I always found odd was how 343 felt the need to retcon the armor in the cryo tube. If they wanted to really go through with the redesign(which they definitely should have, it looks great) why not just have the old suit get damaged in requim, and have chief pick up the new hotness on the infinity?

How? Del Rio didn't seem like the sharing sort and it doesn't seem like they had time to custom fit him a new suit. Not trying to attack, I agree that situation would be better (given I still have no idea how the change actually happened), just not sure how they'd fit it in. I'd love to hear your scenario more in-depth if you want though, sounds interesting.

Starkster

Neo Member
Armour variants for both fireteams have been detailed in the latest Canon Fodder.

BLUE TEAM (S-II)

JOHN-117
MK.VI (GEN2)

FRED-104
CENTURION (GEN2)

KELLY-087
HERMES (GEN2)

LINDA-058
ARGUS (GEN2)

FIRETEAM OSIRIS (S-IV)

SPARTAN LOCKE
HUNTER (GEN2)