• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Why was this thread bumped-

9m4RLs3.gif

Frankie, I'm curious, is Season 2 something you plan(ned) or do you wait to see how Season 1 goes before you pull the trigger on more?

And if it's the latter, was there a story already in mind or is it more akin to coming up with something new that wasn't necessarily in the plan?

I realize HTT season 2 is supposed to work closer to H5G, but I'm not fishing for spoilers. Just interested in a production sense.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I don't know where else to put this, but I have been trying to learn more/refresh my pre-existing knowledge of the Halo lore across all mediums, and so I wanted to finally watch Nightfall after the surprisingly good Forward Unto Dawn. One problem though -- the Halo channel is acting like I need to buy Nightfall when I already own it. I watched two episodes, took a break, and the next day I can't access it... Anyway to fix this? :/

I don't know where else to put this, but I have been trying to learn more/refresh my pre-existing knowledge of the Halo lore across all mediums, and so I wanted to finally watch Nightfall after the surprisingly good Forward Unto Dawn. One problem though -- the Halo channel is acting like I need to buy Nightfall when I already own it. I watched two episodes, took a break, and the next day I can't access it... Anyway to fix this? :/

I would try the Waypoint support forum.

Also, for future reference there's a general Halo Lore thread. :)

Bsigg12

Unlike season one, season two was completely written before recording

“A lot of the stuff toward the end of season one was very mushy when we started the process, it took us finding that voice to define what it was going to be,” says Eichen. “Season two is very different. Season one, we were writing the whole time, we were literally writing episodes up to the last month. Whereas this time, we wrote it all first, we recorded it in one big chunk. It feels more like it was prepared and we’re telling a very singular story, where first season it felt like we were Ben, and the story was unfolding with us.”

I had no idea that they didn't have this whole thing written out during the first season. That's wild for how good it turned out.

Compsiox

Banned
Is there something out there that goes over every story detail you should know before getting into Halo 5?

I've read fall of reach and the first promethean book and played up to Halo 4/ spartan ops.

Fuchsdh

So wait, according to the article, the person speaking at the end of season 1 was FERO and not Petra?

No, he's saying that the end of Season 1 could lead you to expect Season 2 would be Petra taking over for Ben, but that's not what's going on—as the article says they're moving away from the "This UNSC Life" NPR styled recordings.

You know, that cast list has me wondering—will we get our old ODST-turned-Spartan-turned-rebel Mickey (Tudyk) in HtT?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Thanks. I'll probably give this a try if it's not fixed when next I try.

Also, for future reference there's a general Halo Lore thread. :)

I have seen that thread before (and read it)! I actually remembered it once I posted, but since I had already posted it then I figured I would just leave it and if someone knew and answered my question or if it was ignored then so be it! =P

EDIT: Mark Hammill is in season 2? Amazing! I hope his character turns up in a Halo game.

Top Bottom