• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Poor Ben. What an incredible finale and overall awesome show. This should really be the bar what quality every Halo fiction have to reach. 343i should really award everyone involved in this project, after Nightfall I never thought they could pull this off so great

So Season 2 with Cobie Smulders will lead to the H5 release later this year?

Okay.

Fuck it.

I'm going to have to call TOTAL bullshit on this episode. ONI's level of reach and power is reaching parody levels, I'm almost inclined to believe its satire rather than something to take seriously.

Come on now, 343. Intelligence agencies can do some shady shit (hell that's what their purpose is), but really though? Control of the Senate? The Media? Flow of Information? With NO oversight at all?

This poster is an ONI plant sent to keep us from the truth. Good job 343i :)

Also, Ben's last line on Episode 12

'...and this has been - Hunt the Truth'

The feels man! And that sinking feeling knowing that he was gonna come a cropper.

:(

Major props to everyone involved, this was really brilliant.

With this kind of quality, audio logs could work brilliantly in Halo IMO - a mechanism provide backstory and exposition for those who want to dig in. This might be a nice compromise between cutscenes (which I have to guess are more time consuming and expensive as they are both audio and visuals) and something like the Terminals; especially the ones in Halo 4 that directed you to Waypoint - I will really be bummed out if logs/terminals/videos etc are NOT in game in Halo 5, the Waypoint thing was immersion breaking and really took you out the game IMO.

Akai__

I was too tired yesterday, but #HuntTheTruth was really really well done.

The voice acting was just amazing, the story was pretty good, but the twist at the end was a little disappointing, in my eyes. However, that twist at the end can open up several oportunities. Wether it's Season 2 of #HuntTheTruth or something Halo 5 in-game related.

Judging by the quality of #HuntTheTruth's (and Halo 4's) voice cast, I look extremely forward to the voice cast of Halo 5. Chief, Arbiter, Locke and Buck already have awesome voice actors and I'm excited to hear the voices of Blue Team. Hope it's awesome.

Raide

The HtT stuff seems like something Locke would deal with as he hunts MC. Always felt more of an ODST style thing to have the information there and you had to hunt it out. MC just does stuff!

I hope they are terminals, since that would help flesh out the reasons for being there.

Certainly makes you Hate/Love ONI. :D

The HtT stuff seems like something Locke would deal with as he hunts MC. Always felt more of an ODST style thing to have the information there and you had to hunt it out. MC just does stuff!

I hope they are terminals, since that would help flesh out the reasons for being there.

Certainly makes you Hate/Love ONI. :D

ONI is definitely a love/hate relationship. :p

I was too tired yesterday, but #HuntTheTruth was really really well done.

The voice acting was just amazing, the story was pretty good, but the twist at the end was a little disappointing, in my eyes. However, that twist at the end can open up several oportunities. Wether it's Season 2 of #HuntTheTruth or something Halo 5 in-game related.

Judging by the quality of #HuntTheTruth's (and Halo 4's) voice cast, I look extremely forward to the voice cast of Halo 5. Chief, Arbiter, Locke and Buck already have awesome voice actors and I'm excited to hear the voices of Blue Team. Hope it's awesome.

I'm so curious about who the voice actors are for Blue Team ahhhrrgghh

Ampoc

Neo Member
The worst thing about Ben in HTT is
Not only is he probably dead or worse, his name is also ruined. So he didn't leave behind a legacy or anything, everything was just pinned on him and Benjamin Gireaux is no more than a crazed traitor in the public's eye.

Akai__

I'm so curious about who the voice actors are for Blue Team ahhhrrgghh

They will have to nail everything about Blue Team for the lore fans. Them appearing in a game is a huge responsibilty. People will be heavily disappointed, if they don't do them justice.

HunRevan

The worst thing about Ben in HTT is
Not only is he probably dead or worse, his name is also ruined. So he didn't leave behind a legacy or anything, everything was just pinned on him and Benjamin Gireaux is no more than a crazed traitor in the public's eye.

It's up to Petra now to restore Ben's reputation and expose the truth.

They will have to nail everything about Blue Team for the lore fans. Them appearing in a game is a huge responsibilty. People will be heavily disappointed, if they don't do them justice.

Doesn't matter what 343 does with them... At least three people in this thread will have something to complain about. :p

I can't even fan-speculate over who I want to do their voices. I'm trying to stay as vanilla as possible.

AYF 001

Doesn't matter what 343 does with them... At least three people in this thread will have something to complain about. :p

I can't even fan-speculate over who I want to do their voices. I'm trying to stay as vanilla as possible.
Benedict Cumberbatch is gonna play all of them, right?

Glass

Redditors raised an interesting bit of foreshadowing.

'Glassed planets have bad records.'

369B82BB7B1147752645012938752_3d2fe0915b1.0.1.jpg

So have to give major props to the team behind this, really well done and interesting peice of work!

This has been the best peice of lore to come out of what has been a disappointing use of the halo universe for quite a while for me and makes me excited to see what's next

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
To be clear, like ilovebees, we worked with amazing people to make this work. Noah and Ian know what's up, and will eventually receive due credit.

Yes all the voice actors and writers did a tremendous job.

Can't wait to see what you guys are showing today. Little tease on GAF? :p

IronRinn

When your blood is made to boil just from listening to a little piece of scifi fiction, that's when you know it's some truly well-written stuff. Many thanks to everyone who has worked on this, what an amazing job. And props to Michael Keegan Key for really putting in that golden voice work. Now I'm ridiculously hyped for Halo 5's campaign. Really hope for a part 2, or at least have Petra involved in the campaign somehow.

After Ben was finding out they got to Ray, I was hoping he would just bust out a hidden gun and pop that ONI puppet right in the dome out of sheer frustration.

Just finished it up and, yeah, god damn, so infuriating. Fuck ONI.

Really, really well done series. Looking forward to seeing where the go from here.

This was all so fucking great. Excellent job everyone involved. HtT has been the highlight of my Sundays (and/or Monday mornings) for weeks now and I can't wait for Season 2.

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
New voice cast for Halo 5: Guardians
Sam Neill as Fred
Michelle Pfeiffer as Kelly
Marion Cotillard as Linda
James Marsden as Samuel

Lena Headey as Déjà
David McCallum as Beowulf
Judi Dench as Parangosky
Alex Trebek as BB
Cloe Bennet as Spartan Vale
and featuring Oprah Winfrey as Spartan Tanaka

You're welcome.

Sam Neill as Fred
James Marsden as Samuel

Lena Headey as Déjà
Judi Dench as Parangosky
Alex Trebek as BB

You're welcome.

Welcome to the GAF. Hire us.

Not confirmed yet. The phrasing (Season Finale) suggests it, but that's still speculation.

How can we not confirm it when Petra said she will continue to 'hunt the truth'?....

I mean.. there are plenty of signs saying they will continue the series. I shouldn't have to provide that for you.

Sam Neill as Fred
James Marsden as Samuel

Lena Headey as Déjà
Judi Dench as Parangosky
Alex Trebek as BB

You're welcome.

What what what! Where is this from? Wow!

Munki

Sam Neill as Fred
James Marsden as Samuel

Lena Headey as Déjà
Judi Dench as Parangosky
Alex Trebek as BB

You're welcome.

Samuel? As in Samuel-034???

Holy shit,
i expected a happy ending to this. It was still a great series and I love it though... Caught me way off guard.

Can't wait for S2 (please~!)
and congrats, thanks, you are amazing to everyone involved in this!

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
I really am looking forward to Petra's hunt (read: mission) for truth. She seems dedicated to it in ways that Ben hadn't been, which I think will make for some interesting developments, on top of the fact that she isn't "messy" like Ben.

Can't wait!

rokkerkory

Sam Neill as Fred
James Marsden as Samuel

Lena Headey as Déjà
Judi Dench as Parangosky
Alex Trebek as BB

You're welcome.

Wow awesome! Cast looks amazing. Welcome to GAF.

SpartanN92

Banned
Chris Pratt as Fred
Chris Pratt as Kelly
Chris Pratt as Linda
Chris Pratt as Samuel

Chris Pratt as Déjà
Chris Pratt as Beowulf
Chris Pratt as Parangosky
Chris Pratt as BB
Chris Pratt as Spartan Vale
and featuring Chris Pratt as Oprah Winfrey as Spartan Tanaka

You're welcome.

FTFY

CRIMSONxSERAPH

Neo Member
Or will there be?!

God I hope so.

Or at least a tease.. a.. something.

It'd make sense to have a new website too.

Shoulda asked Frankie about this at E3, dagnabit.

At first glance, it may seem like your hope is nothing more than a fan's wishful thinking, but there may be more to it than that :p

This week's Canon Fodder has a nice little tid-bit at the end, that could easily be read into in a positive way...

"Until next week… Live well, play Halo, and always, always, Hunt the Truth."

Now they're just toying with our emotions!

IJoel

Finally catching up with this. Currently listening to episode 12.

This is me:

regina-hallbrenda-meekspopcorn-gif.gif

Really hope 343i goes in-depth with the story exposition in H5. That was one of my main complaints for H4.

So

Ben is dead? What about the 2 girls chief knew as a child? Are they dead too? What happened to his home town? That girl's message cut off =/ Is ray & his family dead? What ever happened to the theorist guy? Was that odst vet really a plant or just a guy that took a bunch of money to turn on ben?

Top Bottom