• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

Kalentan

9X5b.png

Hunt The Truth is an ongoing internet radio drama set in the Halo Universe and produced by 343 Industries and made by Ayzenberg Group.

It is set in 2558, the year following Halo 4. Same year that Halo 5 and Halo: Escalation take place during as well.

Note Cast Lists for Season One may contain spoilers, season two cast list will have [redacted] for new roles until completion of the season.

http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/

AX5b.png

Follow Benjamin Giraud as he tries to find the truth behind Humanity's greatest soldier, the Master Chief.

Season One Supercut.

Cast List:

Keegan Michael-Key as Benjamin Giraud
Cobie Smulders as Petra Janecek
Phil LaMarr as Simon Kensington, Thomas Wu, and Ray Kurzig
Tara Strong as Ellie Bloom
Jennifer Hale as Gabriella Dvørak
Kumail Nanjiani as Mshak Moradi
Troy Baker as Anthony Petrosky
Jerry Trainor as Michael Sullivan
Steve Blum as Paul Gustivson
Stacy Keach as Franklin Mendez
Janina Gavankar as FERO
Laura Bailey as Katrina
Mark Rolston as Andrew Del Rio
Travis Willingham as Charles Kesler

BX5b.png

What happened after? Listen to FERO's story.

Cast List:

Janina Gavankar as FERO
Tamara Taylor as [Redacted]
Mark Hamill as [Redacted]
Vanessa Marshall as [Redacted]
Alan Tudyk as [Redacted]
Rosa Salazar as [Redacted]
Bruce Thomas as [Redacted]
Peter Serafinowicz as [Redacted]
William Salyers as [Redacted]

EPISODE LIST

Pre-Season Two: The Story of Fero
Episode 0: The Only Deliverable.
Episode 1: Cube B-349
Episode 2: From Fire to Blood
Episode 3: Safe House

CX5b.png

1. Do I need to listen to Season 1?
    Yes! Season 2 continues from where Season 1 left off!
  2. How long will Season 2 be?
    Will last at least until Halo 5's launch, it will be shorter than Season 1, but have longer episodes.
  3. Does this connect to Halo 5?
    Yes, it will, but the specifics are unknown at the moment.
  4. Wow this is a lot to taken in, is there anywhere else I can go to learn more about Halo's universe?
    Check out the Halo Lore thread, here. :)
  5. Where did the art work come from?
    It is drawn by Rudy Slama.

SaganIsGOAT

Season one was absolutely spectacular! I am so excited for season 2. Some of the best video game related story telling ever done imo.

Madness

Any non-Tumblr links to listen to it, especially season 2? I should probably listen to season 1 now. I've gotten hyped for Halo 5 and that feeling pre-MCC is coming back. I did read a few of the synopsis on the wikia, but I think actually listening to it would be much better.

Solid OP though.

Kalentan

Any non-Tumblr links to listen to it, especially season 2? I should probably listen to season 1 now. I've gotten hyped for Halo 5 and that feeling pre-MCC is coming back. I did read a few of the synopsis on the wikia, but I think actually listening to it would be much better.

All of the episodes are hosted on soundcloud.

Lofty expectations going into series 2, I thought the first was incredible with superb writing and performances throughout. Outstanding storytelling, Halo related or not - although that just makes it even better!

Really looking forward to tearing each episode apart as we move towards the release of Halo 5, I wonder if they're going to tie it all into the game and whether anything from the first or second HtT will actually make it into the game, even if it was just some intel or document you come across.

I basically want to see a scene with Chief and Ben :D

Jolkien

I really wished they had the same distribution mentality as Netflix and release everything in one go so I can binge watch it. Now to decide if I listen to each episode weekly or wait until the season is over... hmmm

I really wished they had the same distribution mentality as Netflix and release everything in one go so I can binge watch it. Now to decide if I listen to each episode weekly or wait until the season is over... hmmm

I really felt the week wait added to the original season.. So much time to build up hype and theories etc. That just can't happen organically if everything is released at once.

Also, gave me something to look forward to every week! We get #HUNTtheTRUTH from now till Halo 5?! Sweet marmalade Jesus.

Listening now to the last episode of Season 1, hot damn.

RIP records

Kalentan

I really felt the week wait added to the original season.. So much time to build up hype and theories etc. That just can't happen organically if everything is released at once.

Also, gave me something to look forward to every week! We get #HUNTtheTRUTH from now till Halo 5?! Sweet marmalade Jesus.

Yeah. It's the kind of show that used the week wait to their advantage.

Solid OP though.

You're in for a treat 🍨

singhr1

Awesome OP! Can't wait for tomorrow.

Solid OP though.

Soundcloud and iTunes (any podcast app should have it).

Glass

Great OT! Season 1 was a huge surprise, the audio drama fit Halo perfectly, and I bet the format would suit a bunch of other franchises too, provided the writing was anywhere near as good.

That cast list is amazing. I hope Hamill's character is someone we see in later Halo stuff, the games even.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This series is the goddamn BEST. I downloaded the supercut and my oldest and I listened to it a couple of times while driving cross-country this summer, we were both riveted to the storyline. I almost want to wait until the Season 2 supercut before jumping in again, I don't think I can deal with the wait between episodes. Better to gut it out and then do it all at once, methinks.

shoreu

This series is the goddamn BEST. I downloaded the supercut and my oldest and I listened to it a couple of times while driving cross-country this summer, we were both riveted to the storyline. I almost want to wait until the Season 2 supercut before jumping in again, I don't think I can deal with the wait between episodes. Better to gut it out and then do it all at once, methinks.

Suffer through the the days without it like us. It makes it that much better.

The best non-game Halo content ever made?
Yup.

Bring on season two.

Hmm, it's certainly among the absolute best, surely, but nothing so easily replaces the incredible work that are the books Halo: Fall of Reach and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx. First Strike is pretty damn fantastic also, but I definitely feel like I lean more heavily towards Onyx and Fall of Reach.

Without those books you could probably go so far as to say that Hunt The Truth simply would not be the same. Or at least the emotional impact certainly wouldn't be anywhere close to what it is at the moment.

super6646

Banned
Hype levels are exceeding livable standards. Loser mode incoming... and I've settled! Haah!

But seriously... can I just be frozen till October 27th? Lol.

link1201

I'm really, really excited for this!

I'd recommend anyone remotely interested in Halo to give it a listen. It's good stuff.

Nice job on the OP.

Only listened to one episode of season one but I will listen to the supercut now to make up for it.

Really excited for H5, more than I should be.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

There's some stuff that happens that will benefit from waiting a week all nervous and whatnot. I just got the finished Ep 1.

can't decide if i want to keep listening to this. last episode of season 1 i stopped listening as soon as things went bad because it fucking hurt to listen to
giraud get fucking destroyed.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hmm, it's certainly among the absolute best, surely, but nothing so easily replaces the incredible work that are the books Halo: Fall of Reach and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx. First Strike is pretty damn fantastic also, but I definitely feel like I lean more heavily towards Onyx and Fall of Reach.

Without those books you could probably go so far as to say that Hunt The Truth simply would not be the same. Or at least the emotional impact certainly wouldn't be anywhere close to what it is at the moment.

I like those books too, but they really aren't anywhere near the top tier best books I've read. By quite a margin. Infact, I only read them because they are Halo and I wanted more fiction. On their own merits? They are pretty average. Even Fall of Reach. Feels like a poorly re-written Ender's Game. Decent stories but their stand alone nature, especially Onyx, really muddy the franchise waters.

HTT is incredible. Does it use existing lore? Sure, but it's a gripping standalone series, with great acting, great writing, pacing and style. There's no major shoot outs. No one-liners or cheesy action scenes. But it's gripping, full of tension and it pulls you along.

Top Bottom