• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - Leaked Warzone Menu

1431900505974.jpg

Its just a menu.

If hes caught hes caught he signed the shit knowing if he broke it he'd face consequences but its really not that deep >.>

Its just a menu.

If hes caught hes caught he signed the shit knowing if he broke it he'd face consequences but its really not that deep >.>

Tell that to the developer, who may reconsider hiring the company involved again, and the upstanding employees of that company who may now get less work because some fucking casual douchebag decided to throw away his gamertag, likely his console, and quite possibly get Sued (No matter the "depth", as what happened with the LAST time thius happened) because he wanted 5 minutes of internet fame.

KHlover

Banned
lol stop hating on the guy. MS would have found out anyways. You think they wouldn't go through that footage frame-by-frame?

Whenever an NDA is broke, there is an investigation. If the person broke it he could possibly ruin an opportunity for everyone involved. NDA is a serious thing.

Yes, this is true. NDA's are big deal and people will be caught. Again though, what do tattling on NDA breakers do for any of you though?

Tell that to the developer, who may reconsider hiring the company involved again, and the upstanding employees of that company who may now get less work because some fucking casual douchebag decided to throw away his gamertag, likely his console, and quite possibly get Sued (No matter the "depth", as what happened with the LAST time thius happened) because he wanted 5 minutes of internet fame.

Kuro-Law: Hey 343 its really not that deep just brick the guys xbox

343: yeah your right K-L its only a menu screen.

*343 clicks brick button*

and they all lived happily ever after

Guess i told them
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Magwik

Banned
Whenever an NDA is broke, there is an investigation. If the person broke it he could possibly ruin an opportunity for everyone involved. NDA is a serious thing.
I'm going to assume it's running through the same company that they tested Gears with earlier this year, which also leaked, MS must be pissed

alexbull_uk

Yes, this is true. NDA's are big deal and people will be caught. Again though, what do tattling on NDA breakers do for any of you though?

They stop people who leak information from taking part.

If leaks happen, then game developers and publishers will just stop doing these types of test, and that's bad for games in general as every bit of testing helps.

Glass

Music Volume?! Does this mean I can finally turn the music off in Halo, including single player?!

Yeah, that's a first for the series. And you're going to use it to turn the music off, just in time for the monks glorious return?!

Majanew

Banned
Yeah, that's a first for the series. And you're going to use it to turn the music off, just in time for the monks glorious return?!

Monks can be in the main menu before I start playing. Back on 360 I used the custom music pause trick (but it messed with dialog in Halo) so I could just have the sound effects in the game. I may leave it on at first, but just turn it down -- I've just always preferred turning music off in games and letting the sounds of the environments set the mood. Halo has had audio mixing issues. Especially sitting in mp menus, shit got loud.

16BitNova

I'm really nervous to how the Requesition system works out. I know it's just for Warzone but, I hope it doesn't off balance things when one team has someone who purchases really good packs and the other team doesn't. I trust you 343i, but, I'm nervous.

Frog-fu

Banned
Even if the leak is negligble, the principle of the NDA stands. Testers that sign a contract and then don't hold up their end of their bargain are really only inviting whatever consequences may find them. Keeping your mouth shut is so very easy to do. And not leaking information, images or video is even easier still.

Doesn't really matter what he leaked, an NDA is important and they have people to deal with this type of thing, no need for random internet people stirring shit up by posting their info.

The Gamertag of the leaker is *insert name I refuse to bump here when you stop at the right time. Just to let the right people know.

While I agree you should never, ever break an NDA like this, I imagine you wore sweater-vests in Kindergarten, pretentiously stood at the top of the ladders on the jungle gym, watched for kids misbehaving, then shouted in a posh English accent "Teacher, look, Benjamin is being naughty!" and then had a gleeful smile when the teacher tussled your hair and gave you a sash for Student of the Week.

Calling out somebody for leaking a menu. The second least important thing about a game besides the starting logo.

Calling breaking an NDA childish.

What the fuck. Its like im in 3rd grade again.

Well, I'm rubber and you're glue.
While I agree you should never, ever break an NDA like this, I imagine you wore sweater-vests in Kindergarten, pretentiously stood at the top of the ladders on the jungle gym, watched for kids misbehaving, then shouted in a post English accent "Teacher, look, Benjamin is being naughty!" and then had a gleeful smile when the teacher tussled your hair and gave you a sash for Student of the Week.
Hahaha, oh man, I can actually imagine the poster doing that.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I've been temporarily banned from testing like this because of a certain NDA breach that happened last year until the investigation was complete, so the more info is given about the person that did this leak the better it is for everyone that was involved in this test session. The NDAs are in place for a reason guys, they are getting paid to play test those games and were are rules in place. Don't follow them then expect to pay the consequences.

Walshicus

I've been temporarily banned from testing like this because of a certain NDA breach that happened last year until the investigation was complete, so the more info is given about the person that did this leak the better it is for everyone that was involved in this test session. The NDAs are in place for a reason guys, they are getting paid to play test those games and were are rules in place. Don't follow them then expect to pay the consequences.

Yeah, but why should anyone not directly involved in the production of the game give a shit about it?

I mean I wouldn't care if the dude got banned because Microsoft themselves found out who "leaked" these screenshots, but there's just something fundamentally pathetic about random players sticking their noses in. I'm actually a embarrassed for Taker34.

Top Bottom