• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - Leaked Warzone Menu

link1201

I was hoping we'd get to customize armor pieces like we did in Reach. I didn't see that option, only the option was to change armor. Maybe I missed something though.

Calling out somebody for leaking a menu. The second least important thing about a game besides the starting logo.

Calling breaking an NDA childish.

What the fuck. Its like im in 3rd grade again.

Quoting for new page.

Also another reminder that this place isn't reddit or /v/.

I'm not supporting the leaker, but you guys have no business acting so high and mighty about it.

Uhh... Doesn't GAF have insider accounts here specifically for the purpose of leaking information? Do you guys go around trying to do some detective work to find out who they are as well and start shaming them?

You do realise that these aren't really leaks?

They're part of a planned marketing roadmap to gradually raise awareness prior to launch.

Astroturf me if this has already been mentioned.

And why is this being ignored if true?

Magwik

Banned
Uhh... Doesn't GAF have insider accounts here specifically for the purpose of leaking information? Do you guys go around trying to do some detective work to find out who they are as well and start shaming them?

And why is this being ignored if true?
Because it isn't true.

While I can't say what play testing organization I'm a part of, but if one person leaks ANYTHING a huge group gets punished. So I understand why he's reporting him.

The Gamertag of the leaker is Dutchy XxX when you stop at the right time. Just to let the right people know.

gotta defend those corporations from menu leaks! fighting that good fight man. hopefully someone from 343 sees this and gives you a high five right? maybe we can sign something to help enforce legal action against this childish and illegal behavior

-Ryn

Banned
I was hoping we'd get to customize armor pieces like we did in Reach. I didn't see that option, only the option was to change armor. Maybe I missed something though.
Nope. At the moment you can only change you helmet and choose from preset body armors. Whether that will change in the future is anyone's guess.

Nope. At the moment you can only change you helmet and choose from preset body armors. Whether that will change in the future is anyone's guess.

I wonder how difficult it would be to split the options later...though maybe the armours are much more intricately put together so a arm and another chest would look really stupid.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If I'd be a municipal officer then yes, otherwise no. I know that my higher-ups are monitoring this thread, so... That breach affects me and other gaffers here directly.
You don't have to be a law officer to make citizen's arrest, hence the citizen's part. Also, littering affects you and everyone else as well, pollution and all that, as does jaywalking since it could cause accidents and clog up the road.
Why the inconsistency?

krang

Fuck me. Leaks are part of the reason most people come here - to get gaming news before it's news. Being a narc plays right against that and does nobody here much good.

The guy fucked up, and he shouldn't have leaked it, but that's for Microsoft to find out and deal with it themselves. Accelerating that process just means less cool shit will come our way.

pooptest

If I'd be a municipal officer then yes, otherwise no. I know that my higher-ups are monitoring this thread, so... That breach affects me and other gaffers here directly.

It's a video game, damn. It's not like this is on the same level of Snowden or something.

Don't want to be spoiled? Don't click the thread.

Anyway, just my $.02.

Welfare

It's a video game, damn. It's not like this is on the same level of Snowden or something.

Don't want to be spoiled? Don't click the thread.

Anyway, just my $.02.

What? The guy broke an NDA. Does it suddenly matter what aspect of a game he leaks? It shouldn't.

Guy fucks up and his GT is seen. Someone notices it and points it out. We're going to pile on the guy that points it out?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
DAMN! Looking good! The active roster needs to come back and needs to be as clear and readable as the Reach one, though.

pooptest

What? The guy broke an NDA. Does it suddenly matter what aspect of a game he leaks? It shouldn't.

Guy fucks up and his GT is seen. Someone notices it and points it out. We're going to pile on the guy that points it out?

It's one snippet of the GUI in one part of the game. If he spoiled the entire plot? Sure, lead him into the fire. Yes, he broke the NDA... for a video game. I'm not siding with him, but at the same time I don't give a shit.

As for seeing the leak, if I cared about Halo then I wouldn't have clicked on this thread that reads "Leaked" as not to be spoiled in any way.

Again, he didn't leak government secrets, he leaked a menu in a video game. Cut him some slack. We all enjoy leaks to some extent here; someone happens to leave their name in and he gets thrown to the fire.

Let the company police it. It's not your NDA.

This.

UKUMI0

Who gives a SHIT.

Possibly the people who don't want another MCC?

If people leak then devs have less reason to look externally to test games like this and that means more bugs get missed.

Its all about Risk vs Reward, if the risk of leaks gets too high then the reward of more testing scenarios seems to look less and less worth it.

I'm not saying witch hunt the guy, but I don't think we should be supporting this behavior either.

Nipo

Break an NDA, get hit with consequences. Don't sign your name on legally binding documentation unless you intend to take it seriously.

Yea, i feel the same way about people who break the agreement they made by speeding in their car. Anyone who goes over the speedlimit ever deserves to be hit with consequences.

for fuck sake i forget how some people on gaf treat video games as Serious Business.

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder how difficult it would be to split the options later...though maybe the armours are much more intricately put together so a arm and another chest would look really stupid.
Based on the armors we've seen so far... ehhh. They're not really any more integrated with each other than previous Halo games.

Not sure how hard it would be to split things up later though. Would be awesome if they did. I'm still hoping for a customizable win screen pose.

Possibly the people who don't want another MCC?

If people leak then devs have less reason to look externally to test games like this and that means more bugs get missed.

Its all about Risk vs Reward, if the risk of leaks gets too high then the reward of more testing scenarios seems to look less and less worth it.

I'm not saying witch hunt the guy, but I don't think we should be supporting this behavior either.
Again, I have to ask why would a company harm its game development process so badly instead of jusy biting the bullet? That wouldn't make any sense. It's probably better to just cut your losses and roll with it than to get rid of a very effective tool for bug testing.

link1201

Hmm they'll have to have a large assortment of armors. I mean if they are going to try and sell REQ packs they have to have a lot of items. I just assumed it would be different armor pieces along with the game play enhancement stuff in Warzone but I guess they're just going to be armor sets.

Taker34

Banned
Then you let them know discretley, not on an open channel.

As far as I know he uploaded a video with his name in it. I'm really just stating the obvious. Shouldn't upload the video if this is something he doesn't like. Very simple. Anything you upload publicly is public. It's not like I have revealed the super secret identity of Batman.

UKUMI0

Again, I have to ask why would a company harm its game development process so badly instead of jusy biting the bullet? That wouldn't make any sense. It's probably better to just cut your losses and roll with it than to get rid of a very effective tool for bug testing.

There would still be testing, but it'd be internal testing where they have more control over what can get out.

At the moment there is Internal and External testing, if leaks like this keep happening then devs are more likely to just use internal, which is still good but doesn't have as many real world enviroments like external testing does.

SilentRob

for fuck sake i forget how some people on gaf treat video games as Serious Business.

Tell that to the responsible QA facility that now has to deal with Microsoft and could lose a very high-profile client because one of their testers wanted to have some 2 minute long e-fame. Stuff like this has very real consequences for very real people.

I don't know if that's what happened in this specific case but these "LOL Serious Buzinezz" -reactions to everything surounding video games are completely oblivious to all the people earning their money and spending most of their time every day in this industry.

Is he even breaking NDA? I mean isn't it just the beta menu update for Gamescom?

No, there are closed betas and there was evidently one yesterday. This is explicitly breaking NDA, even if it isn't that interesting information.
The issue is that it pushes companies like 343 to not want to have external private betas that are needed to really stress the games, blemishes and all.Most betas nowadays are polished to a T and aren't really used for this kind of server testing. This is the exact same way the gears 1 remake was leaked as well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The menu isn't quite as beautiful as Reach, but it's pretty good. I love the back drops, the text stylization, and the music. I'm REALLY glad there's audio sliders for the first time, too.

No, there are closed betas and there was evidently one yesterday. This is explicitly breaking NDA, even if it isn't that interesting information.
The issue is that it pushes companies like 343 to not want to have external private betas that are needed to really stress the games, blemishes and all.Most betas nowadays are polished to a T and aren't really used for this kind of server testing. This is the exact same way the gears 1 remake was leaked as well.
Do we know if this is actually true though? Everything I've heard says that the beta just received an update. I wouldn't know because I don't have the beta installed still.

krang

For pointing it out for the sole purpose of ratting out the guy that provided us with a bit of gaming news? Hell yes.

alexbull_uk

When an outsourced testing company is dealing with Microsoft's biggest IP, I think it's fair to say that leaks are probably "Serious Business" for quite a few people.

They stop people who leak information from taking part.

If leaks happen, then game developers and publishers will just stop doing these types of test, and that's bad for games in general as every bit of testing helps.
You must be new to how video game leaks work. But keep believing that. I'm sure it'll ring true in never.

Top Bottom