• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - Leaked Warzone Menu

alexbull_uk

Yeah, but why should anyone not directly involved in the production of the game give a shit about it?

I mean I wouldn't care if the dude got banned because Microsoft themselves found out who "leaked" these screenshots, but there's just something fundamentally pathetic about random players sticking their noses in. I'm actually a embarrassed for Taker34.

What exactly is pathetic about the fact someone noticed the guys gamertag?

You want pathetic? It's posting the main menu of an unreleased work in progress game for 5 minutes of Internet fame - because let's be real, that's all this is for.

Vinc

Yeah, but why should anyone not directly involved in the production of the game give a shit about it?

I mean I wouldn't care if the dude got banned because Microsoft themselves found out who "leaked" these screenshots, but there's just something fundamentally pathetic about random players sticking their noses in. I'm actually a embarrassed for Taker34.

Did you read the post you quoted?

Lakitu

st5fu
I think even if Taker34 didn't point out the users gamertag, somebody else would have. Especially internally at MS.

Between this and the menu music leaking yesterday, people really don't care about signing an NDA.

Someone on GAF already got in trouble for breaking a Halo 5 NDA before and it's only a matter of time before it happens again I guess.

Those of you defending the dude leaking the menus are dumb. Really he or she signed an agreement that prohibits the disclosure of any and all content of the tested software. This includes things like menus. Imagine if people see these and they assumed this was all finalized stuff (it's not) and then it builds a negative view of the game for that person? It's bullocks because it's not final. Even the text in those menus.

People leaking stuff is why we can't have nice things.

The Gamertag of the leaker is Dutchy XxX when you stop at the right time. Just to let the right people know.

Well what's the problem anyway, if you're going to leak something, you may as well take credit for it. NDA is NDA guys, and he broke it. They'll do whatever it is they do and others can either continue or be disbanded due to it. You especially cannot argue "just for leaking a menu?!". Menu was enough to get you in here, so yes, just a menu.

#TeamTaker34

singhr1

Between this and the menu music leaking yesterday, people really don't care about signing an NDA.

Someone on GAF already got in trouble for breaking a Halo 5 NDA before and it's only a matter of time before it happens again I guess.

Those of you defending the dude leaking the menus are dumb. Really he or she signed an agreement that prohibits the disclosure of any and all content of the tested software. This includes things like menus. Imagine if people see these and they assumed this was all finalized stuff (it's not) and then it builds a negative view of the game for that person? It's bullocks because it's not final. Even the text in those menus.

The Menu music wasn't an NDA leak, it was an update to the old H5 beta file. Anyone who played the beta still has it but can't play it as you can't get past the main menu.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Is this really even...news? I mean customizing your a character in Halo has been around forever. Or is there something I'm missing.

The Menu music wasn't an NDA leak, it was an update to the old H5 beta file. Anyone who played the beta still has it but can't play it as you can't get past the main menu.
That is actually false and was uses as an excuse by someone.

It was a NDA break.

ElRenoRaven

I don't understand how anyone can defend someone breaking a legally binding document/agreement. The content that they specifically showed doesn't matter. They broadcast footage of something they agreed not to. It's clear anyone here defending this person has never had to utilize a contract before if breaking it means nothing to you.

That's wrong, it doesn't matter what it was. It makes the entire program they are a part of more risky and less trustworthy for developers to utilize, and jeapordizes contracts with existing testers who follow the agreements they've signed.

It is nothing but childish and selfish to break an agreement you signed and were constantly reminded of. Yes they will be caught for being stupid, yes people have been caught before, and yes they will see consequences.

Been a bit but I just want to echo these thoughts. People's actions do affect others. You sign an NDA and you should be a goddamn man or woman about it and honor your agreements. If you can't then you shouldn't sign up to be a goddamn tester. It's really that simple. It's not some goddamn game. It's a legal binding agreement with consequences and you look like an asshole when you break it and you do harm others when you do.

Yes, this is true. NDA's are big deal and people will be caught. Again though, what do tattling on NDA breakers do for any of you though?

The only thing I can think of is that some people believe they will get some kind of award from the company or maybe they feel they did something good. Either way it's stupid and useless to do.

Menu looks pretty good, the background is the only thing I take some issue with.

KingBroly

Banned
I like to imagine the UNSC just has a Gigantic Warship as a billboard for MULTIPLAYER cruising around the galaxy. Imagine all the trillions of dollars spent on something like that. Especially if a bulb burns out. How do you replace something like that?

I don't think anyone actually defended what the guy did. If anything, people just don't like a rat fink, especially when they're posting smileys and obviously enjoying the attention they've received.

Truth be told, only people that should really care is MS. I'm more bothered by the folks who are behaving as if they're on MS's legal team.

-Ryn

Banned
I like to imagine the UNSC just has a Gigantic Warship as a billboard for MULTIPLAYER cruising around the galaxy. Imagine all the trillions of dollars spent on something like that. Especially if a bulb burns out. How do you replace something like that?
With a loooooooot of space monkeys.

I don't think anyone actually defended what the guy did. If anything, people just don't like a rat fink, especially when they're posting smileys and obviously enjoying the attention they've received.

Truth be told, only people that should really care is MS. I'm more bothered by the folks who are behaving as if they're on MS's legal team.
Some of us enjoy testing and people leaking things potentially destroys those opportunities.

It is a perfectly valid reason. Breaking an NDA in any capacity is not a good idea.

Karak

As a reviewer who concentrates on audio as much as GFX and other stuff I can only say this.
Audio megaton for me!

KingBroly

Banned
grgucJN.jpg

What the fuck is that?

alexbull_uk

People care because MS will just stop doing these in-home test sessions if info keeps leaking. Granted, it's just a menu this time but there was the Gears leak not too long ago too. There are plenty of people who take part and give valuable feedback, and it would be a shame to lose that because some people don't respect their agreement and want some internet fame.

Freiya

I don't understand how anyone can defend someone breaking a legally binding document/agreement. The content that they specifically showed doesn't matter. They broadcast footage of something they agreed not to. It's clear anyone here defending this person has never had to utilize a contract before if breaking it means nothing to you.

That's wrong, it doesn't matter what it was. It makes the entire program they are a part of more risky and less trustworthy for developers to utilize, and jeapordizes contracts with existing testers who follow the agreements they've signed.

It is nothing but childish and selfish to break an agreement you signed and were constantly reminded of. Yes they will be caught for being stupid, yes people have been caught before, and yes they will see consequences.
It's easy to defend because it's really not a big deal and it doesn't affect us. We are gamers, not suits. Some of you would do well to remember that lol.

Xbudz

I guess people are freaking out over the NDA thing because other testers likely make money from it- and breaking NDA threatens the chance to get paid for this sort of work in the future. Kinda silly of the person who shared the video... Though it could have been much worse than a simple menu.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yep.

Also I think it's pretty shitty to to break NDA but also equally as shitty to name and shame the breacher. Especially if you have no connection to the company.
It's some evil shit in my opinion.

Do you guys go around and make citizen's arrests when people litter or jaywalk as well?

ElRenoRaven

It's easy to defend because it's really not a big deal and it doesn't effect us. We are gamers, not suits. Some of you would do well to remember that lol.

See that's where you are wrong. It does affect us all. First off it affects those on this forum who are testers who keep their mouths shut. They can lose their right to beta test in the future due to things like this. Then companies can get sick of the leaks and decide to no longer do testing like this. If they keep it all in house bugs and other game breaking issues can be missed and we end up with games being released in a broken state. Prime example is MCC. They didn't bother to test it in the wild and what happens? It releases in a broken state. Maybe had they tested it like this it wouldn't have.

So yea it does affect us all. It's just that some people don't realize how it does.

Those are some slick menus.

Calling out somebody for leaking a menu. The second least important thing about a game besides the starting logo.

Calling breaking an NDA childish.

What the fuck. Its like im in 3rd grade again.

Seriously. This isn't /v/, people. Don't act like that's where you are.

-Ryn

Banned
See that's where you are wrong. It does affect us all. First off it affects those on this forum who are testers who keep their mouths shut. They can lose their right to beta test in the future due to things like this. Then companies can get sick of the leaks and decide to no longer do testing like this. If they keep it all in house bugs and other game breaking issues can be missed and we end up with games being released in a broken state. Prime example is MCC. They didn't bother to test it in the wild and what happens? It releases in a broken state. Maybe had they tested it like this it wouldn't have.

So yea it does affect us all. It's just that some people don't realize how it does.
If getting rid of this method could so badly harm game development then wouldn't game devs more than likely just bite the bullet?

Not saying that people such as the testing companies aren't affected mind.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Halo's use of purple is admirable.

An underrepresented color in all forms of visual media to be sure.

ryan299

Do anything come out of these investigations? I mean, do they get in serious legal trouble? I've seen so many NDAs being broken over the last few years.

Last I heard, legal action was being looked at for the people who leaked the Gears remaster.

Camjo-Z

See that's where you are wrong. It does affect us all. First off it affects those on this forum who are testers who keep their mouths shut. They can lose their right to beta test in the future due to things like this.

Yep, this happened to me before. Luckily it ended up being a temporary ban, but it was still annoying. I like reading leaks as much as anyone else but at the same time I'm not going to shed any tears for people who do this stuff and get caught.

Top Bottom