• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

blamite

Am I hallucinating or were daily/weekly challenges mentioned way back in the December stream? Or at some point around the addition of daily win bonuses. Wonder if those'll make it into the February update.
What do you guys use for buttons? I'm liking the H4 config.
Recon for life.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I solo everything, but I use the "buddy system" whereby you pick a player and shadow them and help them whether they like it or not.

This is also how I dated.

Haha. Yeah, this how I try and solo arena. Find teammate and follow.

Akai__

The bracket for the current qualifier if anyone is interested:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegamin...nament/halo-world-championship-na-ot5/bracket

If you look at the teams tab, I'm pretty sure they are all the final, locked teams that will be playing through the remainder of HCS. A lot of literal last minute stuff happened. That was one hell of a hurricane.

Interesting. It will be fun to see how these new formed groups will do. So many good looking teams. Hope this really turns into an other MLG Halo. We need way more LAN events, though. Crowds make a huge difference.

Also, Str8 Rippin with Tsquared and Elamite Warrior, but Tsquared is not the Team Leader. That seems pretty weird and I don't recognize both of their teammates (Very Nerdy and Tragic). But then again, you have Triggers Poun (lol) with Hysteria and no SK.

blamite

I can't be having that X to sprint.
Sometimes I feel the same way after coming back from Destiny, where I have it on the left analog clock, but I've found that the majority of times in speinting, reaching for the button isn't actually inpacting my ability to do anything else important.

Loomba

What do you guys use for buttons? I'm liking the H4 config.

I use H4 too but have switched melee and zoom in the OS. I Use the index finger to shoot, I can't use my middle finger on the triggers, they are too high up and fuck up my hands.

IHaveIce

Banned
Interesting. It will be fun to see how these new formed groups will do. So many good looking teams. Hope this really turns into an other MLG Halo. We need way more LAN events, though. Crowds make a huge difference.

Also, Str8 Rippin with Tsquared and Elamite Warrior, but Tsquared is not the Team Leader. That seems pretty weird and I don't recognize both of their teammates (Very Nerdy and Tragic). But then again, you have Triggers Poun (lol) with Hysteria and no SK.
That team is already out lol.

Optic out, Reality check out, Str8 out

Turn your volume down

wtf http://www.twitch.tv/halo

B0-MiHzCMAADysA.png

maximrace

I'm trying to get a game together of both Duck Hunt and Team Sumo/FFA Sumo to show my friends how awesome the Forge community can be at creating awesome party gametypes. It won't, however, let me use the SMC Duck Hunt and a Team Sumo gametype (I got the maps from the fileshare working though). Anyone know the settings I need to create a Duck Hunt and Team Sumo gametype?

I can't wait till gametypes like these make it into social matchmaking.

You need to select a 343 gametype, make your teams and then change it to the custom gametype you. It won't show up as selected but you'll have it ingame. It's a bug

Akai__

That team is already out lol.

Optic out, Reality check out, Str8 out

I didn't expect them to do good. Elamite and TSquared haven't really competed since H3/Reach. It was just funny to see them together again.

Also, poor Sudds. Their dad has cancer and now Sudd2 also has it appareantly. As much as I dislike him, I don't wish anybody to have cancer. That is really life crushing. :(

IHaveIce

Banned
I didn't expect them to do good. Elamite and TSquared haven't really competed since H3/Reach. It was just funny to see them together again.

Also, poor Sudds. Their dad has cancer and now Sudd2 also has it appareantly. As much as I dislike him, I don't wish anybody to have cancer. That is really life crushing. :(

yeah I don't like him either but I wish him well, after personal experiences with cancer in the last year I don't wish anyone to have it.

Ninja is playing way to recklessly today, he is the cause of 2 losses against EG in MM right now

edit: also Ninja has 3 times the viewers of the Halo channel

From the other OT: yes, blocking US servers with router (just like the Netduma does) seems to going to work (I have to try yet).

The only problem is that azure use a lot of ips and subnets (so really time consuming to put rules one by one) and they seem to change every week...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...01-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts?page=133

If you have developments tell me then. I want to at least know it works.
I still hope they will restrict even more the option of US dedis on EU

E92 M3

yeah I don't like him either but I wish him well, after personal experiences with cancer in the last year I don't wish anyone to have it.

Ninja is playing way to recklessly today, he is the cause of 2 losses against EG in MM right now

edit: also Ninja has 3 times the viewers of the Halo channel

I honestly don't know why anyone would watch the Halo channel - tons of commercials and always delayed.

BraXzy

I'm very excited to watch all of these teams, there's so many new rivalries between them. The competition will be on!

One team didn't even have a fourth when the window closed I don't think, but they managed to work it out last minute with MLG or something. Crazy times. Hopefully now that it's set in stone, all the players can just chill and get their groove on to give us some good Halo!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Pros are crying about breakout on ninja's channel. Is there a reason why they hate it so much. Maybe it says something about how garbage I am, but I enjoy the mode, but I like elimination modes in games.

Pros are crying about breakout on ninja's channel. Is there a reason why they hate it so much. Maybe it says something about how garbage I am, but I enjoy the mode, but I like elimination modes in games.
Same, I'm glad Halo finally has an elimination mode that feels fun to play, and the new maps help with that. "Eliminatio" in H3 was alright, but that was quickly dropped lol. I bet hardly anyone even remembers Bungie trying that mode too.. RIP

Ramirez

It's absolutely nothing like Halo, which I assume is what Pros enjoy playing if they're playing professional Halo.

The visual feedback is nonexistent, and makes the whole thing a joke, IMO.

Watching these montages on the twitch stream just makes me realize how much I suck with the sniper LOL Even with it's high magnetism.

some people are masterful in WZ.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's absolutely nothing like Halo, which I assume is what Pros enjoy playing if they're playing professional Halo.

Visual feedback? You mean the lack of a shield pop? Or something else?

Yeah, I could see that argument, I thought they were bitching about it in general, not simply from a pro competition standpoint.

It's definitely a different mode like swat is a different mode, I agree with that. I just really like the mode and wasn't getting the dislike that apparently many pros have.

singhr1

What about Arena Breakout? I wouldn't mind arena breakout settings on breakout maps. Getting 2 shotted from a BR in normal breakout is crappy :(

I miss Regicide

Ramirez

Visual feedback? You mean the lack of a shield pop? Or something else?

Yeah, I could see that argument, I thought they were bitching about it in general, not simply from a pro competition standpoint.

It's definitely a different mode like swat is a different mode, I agree with that. I just really like the mode and wasn't getting the dislike that apparently many pros have.

Yea, there's no shield flare, no way to tell how weak someone is or if your shots are landing. I just think the mode is shit, TBH. Trials of Osiris was an elimination mode done right, Breakout just seems amateurish in comparison to me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yea, there's no shield flare, no way to tell how weak someone is or if your shots are landing. I just think the mode is shit, TBH. Trials of Osiris was an elimination mode done right, Breakout just seems amateurish in comparison to me.

Never tried that mode in destiny, maybe I should have. Thanks for the input Ram.

I wonder what happens if they include a revive mechanic

Ramirez

Well from what I hear people are afraid to move in the HCS streams in BO? Adding a revive forces you to play aggressive once they're a man down, it would make it far more interesting, but for me, I just don't think the sandbox plays well for elimination. Automatics in elimination=ZzZzzZ to me.

BraXzy

That's... that's incredible. ThereItIs.gif

LMAO Lifestyle destroyed nV Mikwen and Ogre 2 just now. nV is out

Damn, already? I thought they'd hold up pretty well. They still have enough points to go to HCS right? I'm still confused on how all the points work :3

It'd be cool if that was a default option in custom settings. Regardless of it's potential for Breakout, imagine if that was just a tick box you could flick on and off. Revives [ON] OFF.

BraXzy

Crouching saving lives man.

I saw some insane plays from Royal 2 yesterday just by crouching under shots. He turned around a bunch of 1v1's just by crouching, hardly even strafing. Next level bruh.

In other news, I feel like we need a new community montage! Pls pls pls pls!
Sik? <3

I saw some insane plays from Royal 2 yesterday just by crouching under shots. He turned around a bunch of 1v1's just by crouching, hardly even strafing. Next level bruh.

In other news, I feel like we need a new community montage! Pls pls pls pls!
Sik? <3

watching the stream and there were areas where they would crouch behind some things on plaza. Where we seen this with that bronze video play but it saved his life on this stream, more than once.

Top Bottom