• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

jem0208

I don't think there would be nearly this much "interest" in that Halo mega blocks game were it not for the fact it was canceled.

And Halo MCC gave me precisely what I wanted from the jump. All the campaigns. I don't play Halo MP.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a number of the people who had complained about its cancellation would have complained even more upon its announcement had it not been cancelled.

Akai__

I would like to see poncho Chief make an appearance. :)

Well the "announcement" trailer that included Poncho Chief never explicitly said that was a scene from Halo 5...

Actually, the Poncho Trailer had Halo 5 at the end at first. We know this, because Xbox Australia (or NZ) posted the wrong trailer on their Xbox Facebook page: https://vimeo.com/68040590

Plus, the Poncho stuff also appears in Halo 5's achievement art:

ifhxbMz.png
iViHWRt.png
Jel2ERI.jpg

Cranster

Banned
I just got one of those "dang im in the future moments" from reading "Halo 6".

I remember when Halo 3 came out it was supposed to be the end of the series, and little 11 year old me fell for those crappy fake"Halo 4 leaked image" Youtube videos in 2008. Never would have believed that Halo 6 would be happening if you told me in 2007/2008/2009.
To be honest though it was never stated by Bungie or Microsoft that Halo 3 was the end of the series. It was only stated it was the end of that story arc. The after credits and Legendary ending left it obvious that we would get sequels.

Defect

I just got one of those "dang im in the future moments" from reading "Halo 6".

I remember when Halo 3 came out it was supposed to be the end of the series, and little 11 year old me fell for those crappy fake"Halo 4 leaked image" Youtube videos in 2008. Never would have believed that Halo 6 would be happening if you told me in 2007/2008/2009.
Remember this one?

halo-41.jpg

jelly

I would love to know what 343 were originally going to do with Halo 5. I think like Halo 4 they had a different plan/s that went to shit, probably common in game development and they rushed something together again. I think that's partly the reason why levels are so bad in their games, they spend a lot of time trying to be creative and push boundaries but it never pans out for them. You could probably say they pulled a mild Bungie with Halo 5 in regards to the multiplayer, I say mild because it was light but with a good core, aiming arguably a noticeable fault that shouldn't be there.

jelly

Do you get Poncho Elites. I've always wondered who he is hiding from and would that Poncho blend in with others. Maybe he hates sand, it's not soft like a Grunts butt.

I had thought the Librarian gave Chief force powers along with his resistance to the composer. That's what I expected in Halo 5. Chief travelling around with neat force powers to add to the trio of gun, grenade, melee.

This is my prediction to what will we get from 343 Industries / Halo this E3:

Halo Wars 2 story DLC trailer and Steam release date

Halo Wars 2 4K Scorpio support

Halo 5: Guardians Halo 3 Anniversary content update including maps, weapons, emblems, skins, armors etc from Halo 3

Halo 5: Guardians 4K Scorpio support

Halo Spartan Strike coming to Xbox One

Zeta Oni

Remember this one?

halo-41.jpg

Now that's a blast from the past.

I remember spending hours speculating what the next Halo was gonna be like while looking at that picture.

I remember hoping this one took place on another Halo structure, and the creature from the image was some of the preserved wildlife, that was hostile to whatever provoked it.

I don't know where I got those ideas from, but to this day I think Halo's SP could really benefit from adding wildlife and less complex creatures into the mix.

My prediction. Halo 5 campaign dlc focused on the chief and Halo 3 anniversary playlist and maps for Halo 5. Playlist will have gameplay similar to halo 3 with all power ups and sprint disabled.

singhr1

This is my prediction to what will we get from 343 Industries / Halo this E3:

Halo Wars 2 story DLC trailer and Steam release date

Halo Wars 2 4K Scorpio support

Halo 5: Guardians Halo 3 Anniversary content update including maps, weapons, emblems, skins, armors etc from Halo 3

Halo 5: Guardians 4K Scorpio support

Halo Spartan Strike coming to Xbox One

None of these, although possible, would be worth any footage on stage. Nobody at home is getting the 4K stream. 4K stuff would get mentioned alongside "hey here's all our awesome 1st party content getting 4k support on scorpio" with a trailer mixed in with other games (obviously H5 with it's dynamic res will fluctuate).

These are footnote things that can be shown in a news story (with downloadable 4K/scorpio footage) or in the post-briefing stream.

blakep267

None of these, although possible, would be worth any footage on stage. Nobody at home is getting the 4K stream. 4K stuff would get mentioned alongside "hey here's all our awesome 1st party content getting 4k support on scorpio" with a trailer mixed in with other games (obviously H5 with it's dynamic res will fluctuate).

These are footnote things that can be shown in a news story (with downloadable 4K/scorpio footage) or in the post-briefing stream.
Well if it's halo wars 2 dlc it's just be a sizzle reel that's shown for 30 seconds and uses as a transition between other things. Sorta like how the customizable controller video just popped up as a little breather last year

If it's halo 5 MP dlc, it'd probably be part of the gamespass presentation. "Games pass is launching today after he conference with such games as halo 5 launching with new content etc"

Sony

Nintendo
I'm still baffled by how vastly different Halo 5's released concept art is from the actual game.

Vico

Now that's a blast from the past.

I remember spending hours speculating what the next Halo was gonna be like while looking at that picture.

I remember hoping this one took place on another Halo structure, and the creature from the image was some of the preserved wildlife, that was hostile to whatever provoked it.

I don't know where I got those ideas from, but to this day I think Halo's SP could really benefit from adding wildlife and less complex creatures into the mix.

Wildlife is something Halo should have approached much more than it ever has. The closest we got was with the guetas in Reach, but it lasts two seconds and it's over. It could make for some pretty interesting combat scenarios.

SpartanN92

Banned
If they do a H3A playlist I'll be content but it's gotta come with some H3 maps (NOT FORGE!)

Guardian
High ground
Snowbound
The Pit
Valhalla

Give me these 5 and I will at least be okay with the disgusting lack of a true Halo 3 Anniversary.

Playlist rules:
No Spartan Abilities/Sprint
H3 run speed/jump height
Weapons set to H3 damage
Use the H2 BR
Maybe find a way to incorporate the Brute weapons like the spiker/mauler/Brute Shot/Chopper
Not sure if incorporating dual wielding is possible or not?
I guess equipment is not going to be available probably too much work but that's okay.

Maybe some H3 emblems as well. Most of the armors have been done I think except Hyabusa.
I'd love the original EVA myself.

rrc1594

If they do a H3A playlist I'll be content but it's gotta come with some H3 maps (NOT FORGE!)

Guardian
High ground
Snowbound
The Pit
Valhalla

Give me these 5 and I will at least be okay with the disgusting lack of a true Halo 3 Anniversary.

Playlist rules:
No Spartan Abilities/Sprint
H3 run speed/jump height
Weapons set to H3 damage
Use the H2 BR
Maybe find a way to incorporate the Brute weapons like the spiker/mauler/Brute Shot/Chopper
Not sure if incorporating dual wielding is possible or not?
I guess equipment is not going to be available probably too much work but that's okay.

Maybe some H3 emblems as well. Most of the armors have been done I think except Hyabusa.
I'd love the original EVA myself.

giphy.gif

You Sir have a good point. They will be having a beta, how would they have a beta after announcing the game at e3 in the year of release.

That would be a late beta which might not provide enough time to implement feedback.

To have a beta for halo 6, we need to Scorpio out first.

Madness

Wildlife is something Halo should have approached much more than it ever has. The closest we got was with the guetas in Reach, but it lasts two seconds and it's over. It could make for some pretty interesting combat scenarios.

Have you played Mass Effect Andromeda? There is a lot of poor things about the game, but the way they approach wildlife on some of the levels is great. Reminds me of that tense section in Reach with those Jakofasaurs or whatever they were. I think they can also look to Andromeda for some more weapon inspiration for Created weapons.

Honestly, I would be cool with 3 different outcomes. 1) announcement that tmcc is going to be fixed 2) announcement that 343 is working on a completely new ip 3) 343 is releasing a free halo 5 map pack with dev made maps for btb and 4v4 along with king of the hill and oddball.

Announcement that would do little to stir my interest would be something dlc related to halo wars 2.

Also, whoever said that eventually MS won't be able to rely on halo in the future, I'd say you're wrong. Until some other game comes out which captures the same fps feel of halo, there will always be genuine interest. Which is weird because the formula has been around for 10 years now and not a single company has tried to mimic it. Sad really. Especially since halo is so much more different than from the original halo 1 through 3. Any company with half a brain could simply push a game that plays like the original halos and people would gobble it up.

What I want to hear about at E3 is a 4v4 Halo CE playlist for TMCC that includes Blood Gulch and Sidewinder CTF (they're too big for 4v4 TS), and/or a Customs Browser for TMCC.
Dreams can
't
happen.
Destiny is a million times better than Halo 5. Bungie knows how to make FUN games.

lol Fata1moose struck a nerve, eh?

Vico

Have you played Mass Effect Andromeda? There is a lot of poor things about the game, but the way they approach wildlife on some of the levels is great. Reminds me of that tense section in Reach with those Jakofasaurs or whatever they were. I think they can also look to Andromeda for some more weapon inspiration for Created weapons.

I'm playing it right now, and I'm really liking it, but I wouldn't say the wildlife and the way they use it is particularly great. Sure, they're doing more things with it than in Halo, but it's not hard and they had to because of the kind of game it is.

I like that the wildlife is aggressive towards everyone, though, because 3-way fights are the best.

When it comes to Halo, I think the wildlife would help creating gameplay surprises, new kinds of encounters. 343 has a problem, it's that they often seem to want to stick to the lore as much as possible. Which means they can't really add new units amongst the Covenant or the prometheans (Halo Wars 2 kinda proves me wrong though, they went far, like with the lekgolo recently), but if they can't add new units in the next FPS entry, we won't be able to be totally surprised un the future. That's where wildlife could help a lot, the possibilities are endless.

I'm not saying they should replace the Covenant or the Flood or the prometheans, because they're essential now, but they sure would shake things up. Imagine a campaign level that is all about facing animals?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm playing it right now, and I'm really liking it, but I wouldn't say the wildlife and the way they use it is particularly great. Sure, they're doing more things with it than in Halo, but it's not hard and they had to because of the kind of game it is.

I like that the wildlife is aggressive towards everyone, though, because 3-way fights are the best.

When it comes to Halo, I think the wildlife would help creating gameplay surprises, new kinds of encounters. 343 has a problem, it's that they often seem to want to stick to the lore as much as possible. Which means they can't really add new units amongst the Covenant or the prometheans (Halo Wars 2 kinda proves me wrong though), but if they can't add new units, we won't be able to be totally surprised un the future. That's where wildlife could help a lot, the possibilities are endless.

I'm not saying they should replace the Covenant or the Flood or the prometheans, because they're essential now, but they sure would shake things up. Imagine a campaign level that is all about facing animals?

The hell they are. Axe those trash tier characters

E92 M3

What I want to hear about at E3 is a 4v4 Halo CE playlist for TMCC that includes Blood Gulch and Sidewinder CTF (they're too big for 4v4 TS), and/or a Customs Browser for TMCC.
Dreams can
't
happen.

lol Fata1moose struck a nerve, eh?

We're gucci

Yah

I too have fun playing the same missions over and over again!

I can tell that you played when the game came out for a couple of hours.

both games are trash but Halo 5 improved after launch and Destiny went downhill.

Yeah, having shitty aiming is a real improvement Kappa

both games are trash but Halo 5 improved after launch and Destiny went downhill.
Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen this opinion.

Destiny experienced a near-entire rebirth with Taken King, and the quality of life improvements have still poured in nearly two years later. Destiny has gone up and up.

Destiny experienced a near-entire rebirth with Taken King, and the quality of life improvements have still poured in nearly two years later. Destiny has gone up and up.

Shhh, don't bring facts to a fanboy fight. It never ends well.

Kssio_Aug

Destiny is a million times better than Halo 5. Bungie knows how to make FUN games.

Opinions and all... but hell no. Halo 5 was extremely more enjoyable for me than Destiny. I had fun with both single player and multiplayer portion in Halo 5. Destiny in the other hand I felt was pretty boring (I played TTK).

Outrun

Do you get Poncho Elites. I've always wondered who he is hiding from and would that Poncho blend in with others. Maybe he hates sand, it's not soft like a Grunts butt.

I had thought the Librarian gave Chief force powers along with his resistance to the composer. That's what I expected in Halo 5. Chief travelling around with neat force powers to add to the trio of gun, grenade, melee.

Yeah,

I was half expecting Chief to get dissected by ONI after H4.

I think that the Poncho is some Moljnir Mark X armour.

Yeah, having shitty aiming is a real improvement Kappa

Well Forge and the Custom Browser were big deals, and they shipped the rest of the UI too so I consider those improvements.

I honestly disagree. Aside from the "story content" and a few investment things such as infusion and quests, the Taken King ruined the game for me, especially on the multiplayer side.

Bungie has never been good at fixing their games. If 343 wasn't so misguided I'd have much more faith with Halo in their hands than Bungie, but their ideas continue to be stupid.

Finaj

Well, Bungie certainly doesn't know how to make a good multiplayer game. Their multiplayer arena design has been going downhill for a while now. Halo Reach wasn't great and Destiny is just straight up garbage (IMO).

I'm curious to see the decisions they make in Destiny 2 to improve multiplayer.

H5 on PC would be nice. Would finally get to play it with functional aiming and stable image quality. Would be cool if they fixed the janky 30 FPS animations too.

Top Bottom