• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

Krakatoa

yeah i'm the same, I still play H5 most days and it's THE game I've been thinking about playing when I get the scorpio... I didn't expect 4k textures or anything, just a standard resolution bump to clean things up at the least, maybe fix those distant animations.

I mean it's halo, a flagship first party title!

now i'm just expecting solid 1080p... on my scorpio.
that's not what i'm paying $650 AU for.
Sorry 343, I've LOVED H5 but that's where I move on.

Doesn't H5 already use dynamic resolution? If so then it will automatically take advantage of the Xbox.

Halo Wars 2: Firefight expansion announced. The Flood are back, but no other details yet.
https://twitter.com/Danayoub/status/874333215447687170
DCJBaR5UwAA2B7B.jpg

Theorry

"Reddit Halo‏ @RedditHalo
Halo Wars 2 Expansion titled 'Awakening the Nightmare' will be shown on the E3 Daily Show at 3PM PST"

Honestly I was expecting a Halo 5 4K patch or something. Wasn't a fan of the story but the multiplayer is the best in the series imo.

Gestault

That's not bad. I assumed because it wasn't in the stage show, there wasn't a new content update coming. I had an absolute blast with Halo Wars 2.

psyfi

Banned
Honestly I was expecting a Halo 5 4K patch or something. Wasn't a fan of the story but the multiplayer is the best in the series imo.
I'm right there with you. I'm really shocked it's not happening. That was going to be my only reason for getting a Scorpio, lol.

Halo 5 might be a few SDK iterations too old to be patched for 4k. They'll probably need a re-release.

Its a shame, would have loved Halo 5 4k@60fps as a warming up for Halo 6.
Wasn't Halo 5 not developed using the Mono api for the gpu, before dx12 was released?

JackHerer

I still believe they will release a patch for H5. It would be a huge missed opportunity not to do so and I have a hard time believing they will pass it up.

The game already supports dynamic resolution, even if all they do is bump that up to support a max of 4K instead of 1080p I would be happy.

It is pretty puzzling that it wasn't announced as getting a patch though. I will wait to hear confirmation that 343 will NOT patch the game. Perhaps there are some issues that would require them to do significant work to alter the dynamic resolution system that aren't obvious. Only thing I can think of that would explain it.

Bsigg12

Halo 5 might be a few SDK iterations too old to be patched for 4k. They'll probably need a re-release.

This is what I'm thinking. I would be willing to bet they have weighed the cost of going back and updating Halo 5 extensively enough with a 4K res max and 4K textures that it isn't worth it and those funds/time are better spent on Halo 6. Wouldn't mind being wrong though.

I think Halo 6 will be showpiece next year for Microsoft and the Xbox One X with an incredible amount of content.

hopefully they announce a fix to MCC cuz I wanna play it again...

Microsoft fucked up with MCC and have moved past it. Everyone else needs to do the same as I doubt we'll see anything again with MCC.

Jinroh

I thought the number one game they would use to promote the X would be Halo 5. And it's not even happening in the slightest?

It's just plain weird.

Gestault

Doesn't H5 already use dynamic resolution? If so then it will automatically take advantage of the Xbox.

Unless something else has changed, the performance gains on unmodified code will hit the max of whatever the framebuffer was originally. So for Halo 5, it'll automatically run at 1080p/60, but not up to 4K.

Top Bottom